FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak Aug 10, 20 1:36 am

Originally Posted by FBplatinum (Post 32592953)
Can anyone confirm the reopening of the AF lounge in 2E-K ?
What "services" are available?
- Shower (I did not think with the actual situation)
- Buffet (normal services and type of foods) ?
- Clarin (Frist time my wife will transit by Paris...)
- Any other observations... ???

The re-opening has been posted just before your own post and it is an AF official info
for the rest, this just a guess from me :
- buffet : yes but no self-service as in F
- Clarins spa : I donít think so in the current context
- shower : may be

I believe you will be our first reporter :)

FBplatinum Aug 10, 20 6:16 am

If I can have a COVID19 test before my departure from DTW,
I will be there Wednesday the 12 (August)

stimpy Aug 11, 20 5:41 am

I was in 2K recently and it was quite busy and essentially normal other than the food service. Drinks were normal. I did not use the shower, but I am pretty sure it was operating. I didn't even think about the Clarins, but with how busy it was I am sure I would not have had a chance to use it.

For food there were cold and hot plates. Hot plates were morue and daube. All the flights on the board were AF except one ME flight to Beirut.

The staff were pretty good about clearing plates and cleaning tables.

FBplatinum Aug 12, 20 8:44 pm

2E-K AF lounge report.
Ok just past there with my wife.

- Shower is working (all of them open).
- Clarins is close (and will not open soon (I ask this to the lounge supervisor)), even the "screen" to take appointement is remove (it look weird)
- hot/cold buffet is serve (you ask what you want in your plate). I like to chose myself (I like crispy bacon, but the person who serve you are not careful about this (even I ask for it)).
- second floor is close (no place to really "rest").
- First floor quite busy, I will say... 80%

Bullspread Aug 13, 20 1:11 am

Has someone heard about an official opening date for ORY AF Lounge ?

Goldorak Aug 13, 20 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bullspread (Post 32600885)
Has someone heard about an official opening date for ORY AF Lounge ?

likely in September when domestic flights will restart in ORY.

HalconBCN Aug 15, 20 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FBplatinum (Post 32600624)
2E-K AF lounge report.
Ok just past there with my wife.

- Shower is working (all of them open).
- Clarins is close (and will not open soon (I ask this to the lounge supervisor)), even the "screen" to take appointement is remove (it look weird)
- hot/cold buffet is serve (you ask what you want in your plate). I like to chose myself (I like crispy bacon, but the person who serve you are not careful about this (even I ask for it)).
- second floor is close (no place to really "rest").
- First floor quite busy, I will say... 80%

Similar experience today.
- Food is the same as pre-covid times and the attendents served generous portions (a plateful of bacon was probably not what the doctor ordered).
- Showers were available. Requested from the attendent, 5 minute wait.
- The lounge was full for a Saturday morning; people everywhere; the food zone was not a good place for covid-sensitive types as there was mimimum distance between tables.
- A surprising number of families with screaming kids decided to occupy the lounge today. Parents relaxed at their table while the little ones ran riot. Some things never change.

On the lounge itself:
As far as I can see the renovation is purely cosmetic (I didn't notice a whole lot of difference from the previous iteration tbh) so I would not go out of my way to spend a long time here. The space lacks the wow factor of the L lounge. I think 2 hours would be enough to spend in the K lounge before you would get restless.

Zarmakuizz Aug 21, 20 7:45 am

I am currently sitting at Berlin Tegel (TXL)'s lounge. It Ihas reopened, with less seats available. The food offer has been adapted to only have prepackages stuff, including sandwiches and croissants all wrapped in a small paper bag each. Updating the wiki on mobile is not easy, could someone do it?

​​​​

offvoice Aug 21, 20 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz (Post 32619785)
I am currently sitting at Berlin Tegel (TXL)'s lounge. It Ihas reopened, with less seats available. The food offer has been adapted to only have prepackages stuff, including sandwiches and croissants all wrapped in a small paper bag each. Updating the wiki on mobile is not easy, could someone do it?

​​​​

Done

maalloc Aug 21, 20 11:44 am

Did anyone try the OSL lounge lately? Is it open these days?

Goldorak Aug 22, 20 7:19 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 32620370)
Did anyone try the OSL lounge lately? Is it open these days?

As per OSL website, it seems open. Please confirm here after your flight ;)

maalloc Aug 22, 20 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 32622055)
As per OSL website, it seems open. Please confirm here after your flight ;)

Iíll certainly do if I go!
Iím considering going there for a quick XP run to secure status for next year, so the trip depends on how comfortable the layover can be ;)

petey2428 Aug 23, 20 1:50 am

Hi Everyone,

I was at the Air France lounge in Boston on Friday (8/21/20 around 10:30 pm), and I left a very sentimental Pug (as in the dog breed) stuffed animal/plush in the lounge. I know this may sound very silly coming from an adult, but the plush was given by an important person, and it is very valuable to me. I am 100% certain I left it on the couch in the far north-east side of the lounge by the TV.

I have already filed a lost-and-found claim with the Boston airport as well as tried to call the BOS's baggage office. I have been trying to call a number I found for the lounge all day to no success. I'm currently abroad right now and won't be back for another 3 weeks, and I'm also not based in Boston.

Does anyone know if there's a way for me to contact the AF lounge in Boston? I just want to ask them to ship it back to me. It's a worn out looking plush, so I doubt anyone would take it.

NumbThumb Aug 23, 20 1:02 pm

Does anyone have information on the situation at LAX? I know J pax were now using the QF lounge but surely that’s closed at the moment as they’re not operating international flights. Is the KE lounge open?

flying_blue_white_red Aug 24, 20 1:58 pm

Has anyone transited via NBO recently?
Is the Pride Lounge ( or eventually the Simba Lounge) welcoming travellers? At least I hope the napping area is opened...
AF814 now departs in the morning (10:10 instead of 19:45) and AF815 in the evening (22:20 instead of morning), which force to endure 2*10hrs+ long layover at JKIA soon...