Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference between Economy premium seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Post Difference between Economy premium seats?

Noticed when i was booking my ticket on Air France, there were two options listed.

Economy Premium standard and Economy premium class?

Is there any difference? I paid close the 1800 dollars and was only able to choose economy premium standard seats? other option was grayed out.

Not sure why other option was not given as price is almost the same?

Also, do Economy premium class has priority check-in like business class do?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by YSL5577
Economy Premium standard and Economy premium class

Wording makes no sense.

Can you copy and paste both offers from the webpage?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by carnarvon

Wording makes no sense.

Can you copy and paste both offers from the webpage?
+1...
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I mixed up my question;

When I was checking my seat selection I was only able to select only few options.

I went to seat guru app to check the seats and some are saying economy premium bulkhead and economy premium standard?

I wasn't able to select economy premium bulkhead, but only economy premium standard?

I mean is there even any difference between the two or are they all same?

Not sure if they are the same?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry but you will need to use the correct wordings because it doesn't mean anything for us at the moment. On AF, Economy and Premium Economy are 2 distincts classes of service (different seats and amenities). There is no "premium Eco standard" or "premium Eco bulkhead". In Economy, some seats are sold as "seat plus" for a fee because of extra legroom (bulkhead, exit rows, upper deck on the B744). In Premium Eco, there is no seat plus.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The confusion seems to come from the terminology used on seatguru maps.
Seatguru refers to the first row of PE as "standard and bulkhead" and the other rows of PE as "standard".
Bassinets are usually located in that first row.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:09 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Some Premium Economy seats are only available to Elite+ up until check-in time. That's probably why OP cannot select them.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Some Premium Economy seats are only available to Elite+ up until check-in time.
Are you sure of that for PE ?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I've never been able to select a seat in PE (PV) in the bulkhead when I've purchased tickets. Sure, could be already sold out. But our last flight had many open seats in PV and I still wasn't able to select a bulkhead ahead of time (there were some that flew empty, even in the bulkhead). Now, I don't actually like sitting in a bulkhead, so I've never tried to get those seats at check-in, but I can see how that could be a restricted row for disabled and/or infants in bassinets?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Of course. This has been the case every time I've flown PE. As a Skyteam Elite, I can only select a handful of seats while expertflyer shows more seats open but marked as "Preferred". Here's an example of AF23's seatmap:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.