Connecting in CDG advices

Old Dec 22, 14, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | FB Platinum
Connecting in CDG advices

Hey everyone,

So as luck would have it, as we get ready for the holiday, we are already experiencing IRROP from AF before departure.
Our original AF 11 was supposed to depart tonight at 9:50 and is now schedule for 11:55 (PM), thus making us miss our original connection to PRG, and providing us with a 5 hours+ layover in CDG (instead of the original 2+).

So my questions to you:
1. We land in 2E and depart from 2F. Is there any way we can access any of the nicer lounges in 2E after landing (I'm thinking M side)?
2. If not, any suggestions as to "somewhat good" lunch options? We are stuck in CDG from 1PM to past 6PM tomorrow

Thanks for all the useful insights!! ^
Old Dec 22, 14, 5:19 pm

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
Somewhat good lunch option : Brasserie Flo (2F).
Old Dec 22, 14, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gwilly View Post
1. We land in 2E and depart from 2F. Is there any way we can access any of the nicer lounges in 2E after landing (I'm thinking M side)?
No. You can only access the lounge in the area you are departing from, in that case 2F. To be honest, I personally don't really get the rave about the M gates lounge anyway. The lounge is definitely fresher/prettier but the amenities are typically mostly the same, and I personally don't bother with the hot "food" either in that lounge or the other ones that offer it (e.g. K) which is quite disgusting to be honest (recent trips all that carrots, courgettes, some ghastly "sautéed noodles" and a pointless rice dish. Better stick to the cold offerings which are a bit better).

2. If not, any suggestions as to "somewhat good" lunch options?
Frankly, considering it is the main Paris airport, CDG is remarkably poor in decent restaurant options. I agree the Flo at 2F is ok, or there are two restaurants at the Sheraton (one a bit cheaper one a bit more expensive).

My other and main recommendation would be to check with AF if they can't offer you a rerouting from JFK that would make you arrive earlier (e.g. doesn't DL fly nonstop? Or else via AMS or MXP/FCO). Worth asking especially if operated by KL or DL.
Old Dec 23, 14, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you want to stay in the terminals, the brasserie Flo (landside 2F) is likely the best option. If you want to stay in CDG area but outside the terminals, I recommend you the Hyatt CDG which has a great buffet lunch and dinner.
Old Dec 23, 14, 6:04 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
NOVOTEL restaurant near Hilton is surprisingly good. Service is always top notch.

Easy reach with VAL (direct access to VAL station).
Old Dec 23, 14, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys! In lounge now after a somewhat descent lunch at Flo. The new La Durée place looks interesting also.

Will try the other places on next trips this coming years. Really appreciate the insights!

Happy holidays ^
Old Dec 23, 14, 8:35 am
Original Poster

My other and main recommendation would be to check with AF if they can't offer you a rerouting from JFK that would make you arrive earlier (e.g. doesn't DL fly nonstop? Or else via AMS or MXP/FCO). Worth asking especially if operated by KL or DL.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I have tried all and every options, and there were none unfortunately ... Worked out well in the end. Was even able to get some decent sleep on AF11 despite the NEV3 seat
Old Dec 27, 14, 1:27 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
The new La Durée place looks interesting also.
Is this restaurant replacing the Maxim's spot in the 2F terminal?
If the menu is the same as the place at ORY West, then it is outrageously overpriced and quality is so-so.
Old Dec 27, 14, 2:18 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by olivedel View Post
Is this restaurant replacing the Maxim's spot in the 2F terminal?
If the menu is the same as the place at ORY West, then it is outrageously overpriced and quality is so-so.
Sadly, that is indeed my own verdict on Laduree too, and I don't even find their "famous" macaroons that great. In the same terminals, those of La Maison du Chocolat are quite a bit nicer in my view.
Old Dec 29, 14, 2:02 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I don't even find their "famous" macaroons that great. In the same terminals, those of La Maison du Chocolat are quite a bit nicer in my view.
True. La Maison du Chocolat ones are really better. But I found the best ones to be from Pierre Hermé!
Old Dec 29, 14, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by olivedel View Post
True. La Maison du Chocolat ones are really better. But I found the best ones to be from Pierre Hermé!
Yes I really like the Herme ones too, especially the white truffle and hazelnut ones (from La M du C, I love the vanilla with chocolate ones), and the ones with olive oil. There are a number of other fabulous macaroons in top patisseries in Nice, Bordeaux, St Jean de Luz, etc which are also exceptional (and much cheaper) but indeed, as far as structures large enough to supply an airport are concerned, I'd love Laduree to be replaced by Herme.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: