Flight no longer offered--oversold?

Reply

Old Dec 15, 14, 6:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
Flight no longer offered--oversold?

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I've not had much luck with searching threads. I'm on AF1081 LHR-CDG tomorrow, and noticed that the flight is not available for purchase on any sites. I assume that just means that the flight is completely oversold, and not that the flight is cancelled?

If this is the case, where should I ask about VDB? SkyPriority check in at Heathrow, or at the gate? I'm connecting to a flight to the US; I might see if they can put me on the nonstop from LHR.

ETA: I've been able to check in for the intra-Europe flight, but AF.com shows that I still haven't checked in for my TATL flight and domestic US connection. Will I get my additional boarding passes at LHR, or at the transit counter at CDG?

Last edited by PDXNRTLHR; Dec 15, 14 at 6:38 am Reason: Add re: not checked in for all flights
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 6:57 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,084
AF1081 is down as scheduled (you can check here - https://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/lo...liteDesVols.do).

You can get the additional boarding pass in London but I'm not entirely sure about the VDB procedure - you could perhaps ask the check-in agent as first port of call.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:05 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
AF1081 is down as scheduled (you can check here - https://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/lo...liteDesVols.do).

You can get the additional boarding pass in London but I'm not entirely sure about the VDB procedure - you could perhaps ask the check-in agent as first port of call.

G
Thanks for your quick response.
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:11 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 81,120
If you were able to do OLCI for only the first segment, are you *sure* you have seat assignments for the TATL flight? Is it operated by AF or DL? I'd try to get to the airport early and ask all agents (check in, lounge, gate) for those boarding passes. You lost all VDB/IDB fights if you haven't completed check in on time and some airlines use check in time to determine IDB priority.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:22 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If you were able to do OLCI for only the first segment, are you *sure* you have seat assignments for the TATL flight? Is it operated by AF or DL? I'd try to get to the airport early and ask all agents (check in, lounge, gate) for those boarding passes. You lost all VDB/IDB fights if you haven't completed check in on time and some airlines use check in time to determine IDB priority.
MSP, I do have seat assignments on the other flights (EC on DL metal on both TATL and domestic legs). The AF flight is at 7:10am, so I'm catching the first Heathrow Connect of the day from Paddington to LHR of the day in order to get this all sorted. It's all on one PNR, so I was surprised they wouldn't check me in online for all three segments. I'm a US citizen and they have my passport info, so it shouldn't be a visa issue.

I'm sure it will all work out, and this is a leisure trip, so I will happily rearrange my itinerary in exchange for proper compensation.
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:28 am
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 81,120
Have you tried to check in on delta.dumb? If you don't know the DL PNR and the flights don't appear in your DL account, try using the ticket number.

Is your DL GM number associated with the booking? If so, this *should* protect you, but AF handles DL flights at CDG so they might use the AF rules.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:34 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
The ticket was purchased on DL.com, all DL flight numbers. When I attempt to check on on DL.com, it sends me to AF.com.

Yes, my DL GM number is associated with the booking. I doubt I'll be left stranded. I just don't trust the DL-AF IT interface.
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:41 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,084
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
The AF flight is at 7:10am, so I'm catching the first Heathrow Connect of the day from Paddington to LHR of the day in order to get this all sorted.
[OT] I did that last Friday to catch the very same flight on my way to WAW and had to get up at 3:30AM for the 4:43AM train - it wasn't nice but at least I enjoyed a bit of time in a very quiet ST lounge Security was also a breeze! [/OT]

P.S.: I hope you get all sorted. Have a good one anyway
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 7:48 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
[OT] I did that last Friday to catch the very same flight on my way to WAW and had to get up at 3:30AM for the 4:43AM train - it wasn't nice but at least I enjoyed a bit of time in a very quiet ST lounge Security was also a breeze! [/OT]

P.S.: I hope you get all sorted. Have a good one anyway
Ah, in that case, do you know what time the warm food (and cheeky booze) comes out? Obviously, I won't be getting the Full English before leaving my hotel (I live in Croydon, so figured I'd get a room for the night), and I hear "breakfast" in Y on this route is a stale croissant.

Do you know how many rows of J and W there typically are on the LHR-CDG flights?

Cheers to you and MSPeconomist
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 8:01 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,084
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
Ah, in that case, do you know what time the warm food (and cheeky booze) comes out? Obviously, I won't be getting the Full English before leaving my hotel (I live in Croydon, so figured I'd get a room for the night), and I hear "breakfast" in Y on this route is a stale croissant.

Do you know how many rows of J and W there typically are on the LHR-CDG flights?

Cheers to you and MSPeconomist
I got to the lounge just before half-past-five and the lady at the desk told me that they were serving hot breakfast upstairs (I didn't go, though - I was happy with some fruit, yoghurt & orange juice before getting smashed at CDG ). Spirits were available [as far as I remember] but I didn't pay too much attention to be honest with you.

AF breakfast in Y consists in -as you say- a small croissant.

Y & Y+: there were approximately 7/8 rows overall, but my 'measurement criteria' was just down to the separating curtain, hence it could have been less than that.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Dec 15, 14 at 8:08 am
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 8:18 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London
Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Posts: 821
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
I got to the lounge just before half-past-five and the lady at the desk told me that they were serving hot breakfast upstairs (I didn't go, though - I was happy with some fruit, yoghurt & orange juice before getting smashed at CDG ). Spirits were available [as far as I remember] but I didn't pay too much attention to be honest with you.

AF breakfast in Y consists in -as you say- a small croissant.

Y & Y+: there were approximately 7/8 rows overall, but my 'measurement criteria' was just down to the separating curtain, hence it could have been less than that.

G
Thanks. I've got an exit row; was wondering if the curtain will magically be behind me and I'd get the Y+ meal. :-)

I won't have much time to enjoy the CDG lounge before heading to my next flight. I'll have to make do with a Woodfords onboard DL.
PDXNRTLHR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 14, 8:24 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 4,084
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
Thanks. I've got an exit row; was wondering if the curtain will magically be behind me and I'd get the Y+ meal. :-)
I sat on 11F (exit row) and I'm afraid the curtain wasn't behind me. I'm sure you'll survive on such short flight

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread