Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Tight Charles De Gaulle (CDG) Transfer / Connection Terminal 1 to 2A

Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver

I am flying in to CDG Terminal 1 on Qatar QR37 on January 4 from Doha (arrive 18:55), and then fly out from Terminal 2A on British Airways BA327 (depart 20:30) also on January 4. This is two separate bookings and I will have luggage.

Do I have time to make this connection if I check in online for the BA flight and have my boarding pass?

I have seen on the CDG website that the transfer takes 10 minutes on shuttles that come every 15 minutes, this makes me a little nervous. I think the luggage should be fine (??), as BA and QR are both OW, my luggage from Kuala Lumper (where I start) should be interlined for free. Please can I get some insight from those of you 'in the know'.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
On separate bookings with luggage checked and possibly not to final destination, this could be a recipe for disaster and I would not do it if I were you. If QR is willing to check your bags until LHR, then it's feasible but without any margin (and needing to rush all the way). If you need to collect your bags, change terminal, pass immigration twice and pass security, it's not feasible IMO.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
If everything goes your way and bags checked through, you have a good chance to do it. That would require that yr QR flight arrives on time, that you are among the first to disembark and that you studied very carefully the terminal maps to see where to board the bus at T1 and how to go the BA immigration area at T2A. But that is the optimal case. You would be extremely lucky if your bags make it.

Like Goldorak, I find it impossible if you have to reclaim and recheck bags, at least if BA327 is on time. But even if it i delayed, they usually close the flight and you might have a tough time checking bags.

Note that QR37 is stated by ExpertFlyer with an average 120min delay over the past two months.

The question of doing OLCI for your BA flight is a tricky one. If you do not make it, you will be treated as a no-show. Furthermore, the 20:30 is the last flight of the day.

Of course, you could be helped by a delay of BA327. That flight is usually late.

Seems a bit odd to do this itin while there are two nice (and quite empty) nonstop A380 MH flights from KL to LHR.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
As an aside, can I ask what is a realistic "comfortable" minimum time between flights for a connection between Terminal 1 and one of the T2s, assuming baggage is not checked through to the final destination. (I am asking this as I am contemplating a connection next year, between T1 [arrival TG] and T2D [departure OK] with 2 hours 40 mins between flights.) Thanks much all, and my apologies if this seems like hijacking the thread, but I thought my question is very similar also.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by activistflyer
As an aside, can I ask what is a realistic "comfortable" minimum time between flights for a connection between Terminal 1 and one of the T2s, assuming baggage is not checked through to the final destination. (I am asking this as I am contemplating a connection next year, between T1 [arrival TG] and T2D [departure OK] with 2 hours 40 mins between flights.) Thanks much all, and my apologies if this seems like hijacking the thread, but I thought my question is very similar also.
Any connection depends on whether the arriving flight is on time. How much padding you feel comfortable with is your decision. It also depends if you have many other flights available if you miss your connection.
To me 2h40 would be fine.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'd never take such a risk on two separate tickets. Never. As brunos says, >2h30 is the minimum I would like to go for.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
Thanks for your help brunos and orbitmic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.