Wiki Posts
Search

AF to NKC - suspended?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
AF to NKC - suspended?

Does anyone know what's going on with the flights to Nouakchott? They have been cancelled for about 2 weeks now. This flight does continue on to CKY but it seems the scheduled has been adjusted to just fly CDG-CKY for the next week.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As per AF France travel agent portal :
- Nouakchott : en raison de difficultés techniques à l'escale de Nouakchott, vols annulés jusqu'au 03 novembre. Consignes de report involontaire actualisées avec report jusqu'au 15 novembre dans la même cabine.
Report possible de/vers NKC sur L6, AT et TU.
Translation :
Following to technical difficulties in NKC, flights cancelled until nov 3. Involuntary re-routing instructions apply with change of date possible up to nov 15 in the same cabin of travel. Possible transfer to L6, AT and TU.

The fact that AF proposes a re-routing on other airlines indicates that the technical difficulties are not linked with global NKC airport operations but to their own operations there. It can be anything from no maintenance support for the aircraft type AF is operating to whatever "bureaucracy" problem.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The AF flights to NKC are still cancelled, now until nov. 13, but one can think it will continue as per this article I just found (in French) :
http://www.rfi.fr/afrique/20141105-a...uritanie-vols/

The flights are cancelled for about a month now. It seems that AF is not allowed anymore by local authorities to perform their own security search on cargo, luggage and pax before boarding and AF doesn't seem to trust at all the local searches so they have canceled the flights as safety is not ensured.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
It looks like the flight went today. I tried looking for a new article to state that the situation was resolved but nothing yet. I hope this is permanent.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by michelw
It looks like the flight went today. I tried looking for a new article to state that the situation was resolved but nothing yet. I hope this is permanent.
Indeed, the flights resumed yesterday (friday) and AF announced it is at least until Nov 18, date at which they will (re)assess the local situation and their operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.