Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Meal on international flights Are they any good?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
Air France Meal on international flights Are they any good?

Hello Everyone,

I'm flying from Houston to Paris next March on Perineum Economy. I've noticed that you can select your meals. Are any of them any good or Should I just get the basic meal that comes with the flight. I was thinking about getting the "Une Sélection LENÔTRE" meal: An exclusive meal from the famed Maison LENÔTRE"

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...a_la_carte.htm

Has anyone here had this meal selection before? Was it any good?

thank you,
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
This post should be moved to the Air France forum as it does not regard all Flying Blue members.

Secondly, the a la carte meals can only be ordered when departing from paris and ton on the return flight.

I can not tell you about the quality of the a la carte meals on AF (onlu have KL a la carte experence) but the standard premium eco meals are not bad at all. I would only book a a la carte meal in Premium if I would make many flights in one period and would have had enough of the sandard meals. But thats my opinion.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
New upgrades to wine in premium economy?

Has anyone heard anything about a proposed upgrade in wines in connection to the a la carte meals on AF?
Old May 4, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Usalv
Hello Everyone,

I'm flying from Houston to Paris next March on Perineum Economy...
Typo "self-corrected" by your browser? Problems with the seat? Or some really new ideas on how to enjoy one's TATL trip?
Old May 4, 2017, 11:48 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I have not ordered a premium meal, but the regular meal is normally pretty good (just in case you are worried if the quality is not good).
Old May 5, 2017, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Typo "self-corrected" by your browser? Problems with the seat? Or some really new ideas on how to enjoy one's TATL trip?
Glad I wasn't the only one to chuckle about that!
Old May 5, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
AF has decent standard meals in Y.....not sure I'd feel the à la carte ones are necessary.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The standard meals on AF are indeed decent. But...in my experience the a la carte meals are better, and especially more interesting than the standard meals. They go well beyond "Chicken or pasta". I've pre-ordered them on various occasions, and enjoyed them.

There is however an aspect which I don't like: they serve the a la carte meals when they start the service, and they serve the drinks from the trolley with everyone else. This means that your choice of drink with your meal will be served after they served the meal itself. This can take annoyingly long.

As said before, they can only be ordered for ex CDG legs.

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Has anyone heard anything about a proposed upgrade in wines in connection to the a la carte meals on AF?
I have never heard of that, but it is an interesting idea which could also solve the problem of having your wine later than the a la carte meal itself. I would certainly pay for that. (But they must not degrade the standard choice!)

Last edited by Zembla; May 5, 2017 at 10:02 am
Old May 7, 2017, 5:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zembla
The standard meals on AF are indeed decent. But...in my experience the a la carte meals are better, and especially more interesting than the standard meals. They go well beyond "Chicken or pasta". I've pre-ordered them on various occasions, and enjoyed them.

There is however an aspect which I don't like: they serve the a la carte meals when they start the service, and they serve the drinks from the trolley with everyone else. This means that your choice of drink with your meal will be served after they served the meal itself. This can take annoyingly long.

As said before, they can only be ordered for ex CDG legs.

I have never heard of that, but it is an interesting idea which could also solve the problem of having your wine later than the a la carte meal itself. I would certainly pay for that. (But they must not degrade the standard choice!)
I was fliying CDG-DXB in Premium Economy last year, and selected the Italian option. When my meal was served, they immediately asked me for my drink choice, and brought it within a few minutes.

I was also extremely lucky because it seemed that my meal was not catered, so I received the pasta option that was served in Business.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by SDQBound
When my meal was served, they immediately asked me for my drink choice, and brought it within a few minutes.
That's how it should work, but unfortunately that was never the case when I had pre-ordered an à la carte meal.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
That has not happened to me. But as suggested above if the option were available I would be willing to pay for it. For a fee they could offer the wines available to business.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: FB Gold
As a point of reference, I ordered à la carte on my most recent TATL flight. Although there are more choices ex-CDG, I know from experience that it'd be better worth it to order something ex-IAD as the economy offerings are less appealing.

When my meal was first served, the FA took my apértif order (champagne). A few minutes later as the economy food trolley was still working it's way, another flight attendant noticed I'd finished my apéro and asked if I wanted a beverage (vin rouge, with boeuf bourguignon of course) and fetched it on the spot.

The taste was quite good, although if I had to do it again, the menu Tradition is a bit heavy for a night flight. Fellow Y passengers will look interestingly at what you ordered . The only real downside is that it highlights how damn narrow 10-abreast on a 777 is, as it was a careful balancing act to not topple anything.

Also, getting silverware and a glass is just a nice touch !
Goldorak and fifty_two like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.