Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air France Long-Haul Business Class - Trip Reports & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & More, AAdvantage, Accor Le Club Silver
Great report! Wanted to ask whether or not the seat is comfortable in lounge position since there is a lack of a footrest compared to CX's seat? That amenity kit needs more in it, seems very sad in comparison with other airlines.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
A fellow lover of Chartreuse verte!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by jshastri
Great report! Wanted to ask whether or not the seat is comfortable in lounge position since there is a lack of a footrest compared to CX's seat?
I did not feel any kind of discomfort in the lounging position, but maybe because I am tall and I could always reach the fixed foot rest with my legs.

Originally Posted by jshastri
That amenity kit needs more in it, seems very sad in comparison with other airlines.
They made some effort to improve it (a real toothpaste, lip balm, slippers) but I agree there is still some enhancement that could be made (more Clarins products for example).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
The AF corporate site video:
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...beyond-flight/
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by delanotre
Very nice indeed. Not taped on the 23rd though, but maybe yesterday or From the 20th to the 22nd.
France 2, BFM TV, France 24 and M6 were on my flight so you should expect to see the new cabins in the next few days (with me sometimes )
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hard product is pretty nice, even if it does not look very luxurious (colour scheme and material, with the exception of the cushion).

Good to finally see some mouthwash. ^

Even when chef is onboard, hot meal presentation looks pretty bad

PS: I can see "Vous ętes disponible" on the screen. An option designed for DSK?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Thanks for this trip report!

Has AF added mood lights?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75

+1
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Hard product is pretty nice, even if it does not look very luxurious (colour scheme and material, with the exception of the cushion).
You know Brandimage, right?
It looks really better than in the pictures.

Indeed. The FA apologized about the presentation. As far as I know, the chefs did not touch the plates.

Originally Posted by LY777
Has AF added mood lights?
Sorry, I dit not pay attention.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by bodory
I spotted them indeed.

Is that possible the seat was angled on the ground but not in the air due to the pitch of the aircraft?
I believe that's exactly it, and it shows well there :

http://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/new...hoto/466809465
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by olivedel
Indeed. The FA apologized about the presentation. As far as I know, the chefs did not touch the plates.
Indeed, they don't. Personally, I find that "toques dans le ciel" exercise a complete waste of time and undoubtedly money. In fact, I fear that having a great chef speak knowledgeably to passengers for a few minutes about how he envisaged the dish and what it should be like only for passengers to receive "that" may even be counter-productive.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by plbplb
I believe that's exactly it, and it shows well there :

http://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/new...hoto/466809465
Nice find. Spot on !
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:02 pm

Amenity Kit

Originally Posted by olivedel
I did not feel any kind of discomfort in the lounging position, but maybe because I am tall and I could always reach the fixed foot rest with my legs.

They made some effort to improve it (a real toothpaste, lip balm, slippers) but I agree there is still some enhancement that could be made (more Clarins products for example).
Good Day Olivedel -
Will this new amenity kit only be provided on flights that have the new seats or on all AF flights going forward (long distance) in Business Class? Thank you kindly.
J
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thank you for posting the report ^ So glad to see that 2-3-2 in Business is, at least on this aircraft, a thing of the past.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayisgerman
Will this new amenity kit only be provided on flights that have the new seats or on all AF flights going forward (long distance) in Business Class?
It is available on all long haul flights operated by AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.