Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A la Carte menu in Business?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I ordered the Korean bibimbap and it was pitiful. It was just beef, mushrooms and rice with no red pepper paste or any vegetables at all. Nothing like the photo or any type of bibimbap. It was a joke...hoping it was just a one-off catering error. Has anyone else tried these specialty meals? What was your experience?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Any recent experience regarding the C-class 'A La Carte' special meals? Are they typically better than the standard business class 'meal of the day?'
I have an upcoming CDG-YVR flight coming up, trying to decide whether to stick with the standard meal, or order one of the themed 'a la carte' meals.

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Any recent experience regarding the C-class 'A La Carte' special meals? Are they typically better than the standard business class 'meal of the day?'
I have an upcoming CDG-YVR flight coming up, trying to decide whether to stick with the standard meal, or order one of the themed 'a la carte' meals.

Thanks!
I never tried those in J. The regular meals are very good especially ex-CDG.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
i had the Thai red curry chicken on CDG-PTY yesterday.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. I ordered the Indian a la carte meal (not the traditional "special meal") ex-CDG, although I don't see any way to change it on the website anymore.
Am I going to regret it? I haven't flown AF long-haul J in a long time but never thought the catering was that great other than the apps and cheese (it was a relatively small sample size though).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Flying CDG to SIN soon and wondered if you had this meal - it's the exact same option which is kinda scary since flights are 4 months apart...would have thought there would have been a bit of a menu change by now....
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mbowden19
Flying CDG to SIN soon and wondered if you had this meal - it's the exact same option which is kinda scary since flights are 4 months apart...would have thought there would have been a bit of a menu change by now....
Check the date in the image you posted.

Those options are fresh from 2014!
Xizm likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Check the date in the image you posted.

Those options are fresh from 2014!
Months...years....I guess when it's AF it's all the same!

Well....has anybody had this meal over the last 4 or so years?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What meal? I don't see anything. (It's not a Twitter/FB/IG link is it?)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I ordered the Indian menu ex-CDG months ago (and it is indeed showing in my reservation) but now I don't see the option on the website to change it for my flight in 2 weeks. Wonder whether it's been discontinued.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:41 pm

Tangential to this topic, but there's a new "A la carte" menu for Economy and Premium Economy, called "Healthy". Its content is refreshed twice a year.

https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...france-flights

On departure from Paris, as of April 1st, 20192:
  • Ocean Menu
  • Tradition Menu
  • Healthy Menu
  • FAUCHON Menu
  • My Fun Menu
On departure from the French Overseas Departments, USA, Canada, Africa and Asia3:
  • Ocean Menu
  • Tradition Menu
  • Italia Menu
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I ordered the Indian menu ex-CDG months ago (and it is indeed showing in my reservation) but now I don't see the option on the website to change it for my flight in 2 weeks. Wonder whether it's been discontinued.
Unlikely, see my post # 35.
The Indian meal was pretty decent (curry usually does well on a plane). Better than the hockey puck steak I had ex-HKG. It was lamb curry, rice, and some vegetable curry. That usually works well on an airplane. Tastes better than it looks (but I can't get the image to upload, ugh, sorry).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.