Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

At boarding, prefilled membership coupons for passengers not yet Flying Blue members

At boarding, prefilled membership coupons for passengers not yet Flying Blue members

Old May 27, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

When boarding at DUS, I could note that members of staff (not AF) have prepared prefilled membership coupons for passengers who were not yet Flying Blue members (it was interesting to note, moreover, that nearly 10 customers were not members of the loyalty program).

Have you ever observed this?
Old May 27, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That's quite presumptuous!

Nearly 10 customers not members? How did you come to that number? Even if they had 10 coupons filled out, it doesn't mean only 10 passengers were not members. I would imagine that, on most flights, the majority of passengers are travelling without any FFP number annotated.
Old May 29, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That's quite presumptuous!

Nearly 10 customers not members? How did you come to that number? Even if they had 10 coupons filled out, it doesn't mean only 10 passengers were not members. I would imagine that, on most flights, the majority of passengers are travelling without any FFP number annotated.
Well that was just an asumption, and cannot see anything presumptuous about that.
Old May 29, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by nicolas75
When boarding at DUS, I could note that members of staff (not AF) have prepared prefilled membership coupons for passengers who were not yet Flying Blue members (it was interesting to note, moreover, that nearly 10 customers were not members of the loyalty program).

Have you ever observed this?
Sounds smart and would certainly bring up their numbers.

I know a lot of people don't really care about mileage and are too lazy to sign up.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Well that was just an asumption, and cannot see anything presumptuous about that.
I read irishguy28 as meaning: how presumptuous of AF to pre-fill membership forms and then as a separate and unrelated comment that it seemed unlikely that only 10 persons on a flight were not FFP members. I did not read it as meaning that you were presumptuous in making assumptions!
Old May 29, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
I read irishguy28 as meaning: how presumptuous of AF to pre-fill membership forms and then as a separate and unrelated comment that it seemed unlikely that only 10 persons on a flight were not FFP members. I did not read it as meaning that you were presumptuous in making assumptions!
Me too. Personally I would not be keen on any company coming across as a bit pushy in giving me a store card even at no cost. However irrationally, this would probably make me wonder about an ulterior motive (which I believe is not present here).
Old May 29, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I would imagine that, on most flights, the majority of passengers are travelling without any FFP number annotated.
I sometimes take a look at the PIL that is usually pretty visible, and on domestic flights most passengers have a FFP number listed. I think that having passengers identified is nowadays part of the AF business model.
Old May 29, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by justcallmedoc
I sometimes take a look at the PIL that is usually pretty visible, and on domestic flights most passengers have a FFP number listed. I think that having passengers identified is nowadays part of the AF business model.
Same for me, and even on long-haul flights, every time I have a look on the PIL, I would say that 80% of pax have a FFP number visible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.