FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   New "La Première Suite" will be revealed to the public on May 7th, 2014 [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1573731-new-la-premiere-suite-will-revealed-public-may-7th-2014-merged.html)

olivedel May 1, 2014 10:25 pm

New "La Première Suite" will be revealed to the public on May 7th, 2014 [merged]

Dear FTers,

I have been invited by Air France to attend to the event that will be revealing the new P seat to the public on May 7th, 2014.
I will try to post as many pictures as I can in the forum, so do feel free to comment, as always, on the new seat features or the hypothetical new P services that would be disclosed during that Press Conference.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Zembla May 2, 2014 1:47 am

Great! Can't wait to see it! :cool:

Goldorak May 2, 2014 4:50 pm

We are all jealous ;)
Can't wait to read your report and see the pics :) :) :)

olivedel May 6, 2014 7:02 am

Hello all FTers.
I just got to Shanghai, where the press conference revealing the new Air France P seat will be held tomorrow afternoon, 2pm China Time - 8am Paris Time.

After the Press Conference, I will have a unique opportunity to interview Frederic Gagey, CEO of Air France and Bruno Matheu, VP in charge of the Long Haul Business.
Feel free to submit your questions in this thread, I will select some of your suggestions and ask them those!

I will try to be as extensive as I can in my report tomorrow!

Zembla May 6, 2014 7:15 am

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 22818097)
Hello all FTers.
I just got to Shanghai, where the press conference revealing the new Air France P seat will be held tomorrow afternoon, 2pm China Time - 8am Paris Time.

After the Press Conference, I will have a unique opportunity to interview Frederic Gagey, CEO of Air France and Bruno Matheu, VP in charge of the Long Haul Business.
Feel free to submit your questions in this thread, I will select some of your suggestions and ask them those!

*jealous* Can't wait to hear about it!

Could you ask about the strategy and planning of the new J seat rollout?
-When will the first (as formerly anounced 44 aircraft) 777 be refurbished?
-What routes can we expect them on
-What will happen with the remaining 777 after the first 44 are rolled out?
-Will the COI 777 get the new seats, and when?
-And what seat types can we expect on the other aircraft types (A380, A330) , and when?
-We assume that 747 and 340 will be phased out, and not get new seats. Is this correct?

I hope you have a great event there! ^

irishguy28 May 6, 2014 7:17 am

Is it going to beat Etihad's recent announcement of their new P products?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

orbitmic May 6, 2014 7:17 am

Hello all FTers.

Enjoy Shanghai! It's interesting that AF chose to reveal their new P there...

JOUY31 May 6, 2014 9:32 am

Hello all FTers.

I hope you just refreshed your memories of the DUS-SIN itinerary in P in order to be able to offer a fair comparison of the current and the new seats. Trip report anyone :D?

orbitmic May 6, 2014 11:27 am

Actually, talking of the new J, can you ask about the implementation of the "variable configurations" with rows of premium seats being removed and replaced by Y? Can you ask them if this is still going a head and if it will also concern P? Thanks!!

Also are they planning any effort to be more price-competitive in J and P (notwithstanding the current summer promo, which is precisely only for summer...)

And any improvement to the soft product, notably to make food onboard in P as high quality as what they offer in the P lounge?

San Gottardo May 6, 2014 11:37 am

Olivedel

Could you ask them whether the introduction of the new P seat/suite will be accompanied by any other changes to the Premiere product? Maybe some changes in the in-flight product and services (catering, amenity kits, etc) and/or on the ground (lounges, personal assistants, etc).

Enjoy the privilege of being among the first to see the new product. For me, AF doesn't neet to beat EY, just come up with a very very decent Premiere product that is a step ahead of comparable competitors (=anybody but the ME3 who seem to be running a different race).

Goldorak May 6, 2014 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 22818909)
I hope you just refreshed your memories of the DUS-SIN itinerary in P in order to be able to offer a fair comparison of the current and the new seats. Trip report anyone :D?

Yes, it's progressing well ;)

carnarvon May 6, 2014 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Maybe some changes in the in-flight product and services (catering, amenity kits, etc) and/or on the ground (lounges, personal assistants,

Why change anything to what amounts to the pinacle of good taste, flawless service and French flair?

Whoever has experienced the robotic service of Asian airlines wiil likely agree, right? ;)

l'agentsecret May 6, 2014 2:11 pm

The new ''La Premiere'' suite, more cabanon than residence...

I just couldn't let you wait until tomorrow's public reveal. So here it is... I give you the new La Premiere Suite. The presentation is in French (sorry about that).
Nothing groundbreaking à la Ethiad but nice nonetheless. I particularly like the new table wear.

Mods, feel free to merge with the existing thread if you feel there is no need for a new one.

olivedel May 6, 2014 2:23 pm

To all,

I did gather all your questions on my notebook.
If my interview is confirmed, I will ask most of them to Frederic Gagey and Bruno Matheu.

Good night all (yes, I am jet lagged and a little tipsy after le Bar Rouge ;))

JOUY31 May 6, 2014 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by l'agentsecret (Post 22820637)
I just couldn't let you wait until tomorrow's public reveal. So here it is... I give you the new La Premiere Suite. The presentation is in French (sorry about that).
Nothing groundbreaking à la Ethiad but nice nonetheless. I particularly like the new table wear.

Mods, feel free to merge with the existing thread if you feel there is no need for a new one.

Thanks ! :)