Service Kuala Lumpur

Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Service Kuala Lumpur

Hello!

I will be flying from Paris to Kuala Lumpur and back in a 777-200 in economy class.

What kind of meals are served on this flights?
Does the meal service start in front?
Is the seating really bad in 3-4-3?

Please let me know,

Thanks!
Sebas
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
For the avoidance of doubt - Air France does not tailor the experience for each particular destination and on each plane type (the choice of meals may have at least one option that tips its hat towards the destination/origin of the flight, though).

You can get a good general overview of what to expect on long-haul economy class on the Air France website

http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common...y_aeroport.htm
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yep, all based on length. CDG-KUL is in the 'very long' category. You will get an aperitif service (full bar including Champagne) with nibbles, then main meal (cold starter, choice of two hot mains, small prepacked cheese, bread - several rounds of it - and dessert, which is usually good). There will be a self-service bar during the cruise including a few snacks available (sandwiches, ice cream). Then before landing you will get a cold meal/cold breakfast depending on the direction.

Cabin is divided into several sections, service starts at the front of each section (not sure if it might start from the back for the last section as I don't tend to seat there)

Yes the 10 across is uncomfortable, but nothing you can do about it anyway.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yep, all based on length. CDG-KUL is in the 'very long' category. You will get an aperitif service (full bar including Champagne) with nibbles, then main meal (cold starter, choice of two hot mains, small prepacked cheese, bread - several rounds of it - and dessert, which is usually good). There will be a self-service bar during the cruise including a few snacks available (sandwiches, ice cream). Then before landing you will get a cold meal/cold breakfast depending on the direction.

Cabin is divided into several sections, service starts at the front of each section (not sure if it might start from the back for the last section as I don't tend to seat there)

Yes the 10 across is uncomfortable, but nothing you can do about it anyway.
Thanks for the information! What are the sections?

I can also book a seatplus in te economy class, it is offered for 70 euro. The flight will be on a 777-200. Now I have reserved an aisle seat in the front economy class cabin. Is a seatplus much better? It is closed near the lavatory/galley. Please give advise me...

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
As the flight is very long the second meal will be a warm meal ( improvement since october last year if i remember correctly)
Old May 13, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Sebas21
Thanks for the information! What are the sections?

I can also book a seatplus in te economy class, it is offered for 70 euro. The flight will be on a 777-200. Now I have reserved an aisle seat in the front economy class cabin. Is a seatplus much better? It is closed near the lavatory/galley. Please give advise me...

Thanks!
A seat plus wil give you more leg space, and is especially worthwhile if your tall.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pascalgr
As the flight is very long the second meal will be a warm meal ( improvement since october last year if i remember correctly)
Good point. I haven't flown AF Y since that time. Do you have any more information of that new system? My understanding is that the first meal has moved to a smaller tray (not sure if anything has been taken out as a result?) Is the second warm meal a real meal or is it like a warm sandwich/"snacky" item? Would be genuinely interested to hear as I don't think anybody has reported on it yet.
Old May 13, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
The second warm meal is a real meal but no choice, like omelettes for breakfast
here a link http://flight-report.com/en/report-6741.html
it is not me who reports but you can get photos of both meals; By the way the first meal is on a smaller tray but quantity is supposed to be the the same; it is just easier to take it away for the FA and also they can put more in the cart ( as the tray is smaller) so less trip to and back the Galley ( it was part of the deal between AF and unions to reduce number of FA );
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pascalgr
The second warm meal is a real meal but no choice, like omelettes for breakfast
here a link http://flight-report.com/en/report-6741.html
it is not me who reports but you can get photos of both meals; By the way the first meal is on a smaller tray but quantity is supposed to be the the same; it is just easier to take it away for the FA and also they can put more in the cart ( as the tray is smaller) so less trip to and back the Galley ( it was part of the deal between AF and unions to reduce number of FA );
Thnx!

Does the mealservice start in the front or/and in the back of the plane (777-200)...?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.