Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere Suite (partially) revealed? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
La Premiere Suite (partially) revealed? [merged]

Air France has a new advertising campaign rolling out next month "France is in the Air."

In the press materials we see the following image:

http://corporate.airfrance.com/uploa...a_Premiere.jpg

It looks pretty legit to me, can anyone comment? I suppose we'll have more details next month.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:44 pm

First Sign of new La Premiere

https://twitter.com/AFnewsroom/statu...79529311092736
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks for passing on the link. When it comes to AF's message, though... ok so we know it will be called a suite and will hopefully be one. I wish they would spend less money in extravagant advertising campaigns and more on improving their fundamentals. I hope it will be good but wish they would just give us the lowdown instead of scenarising some sort of Hollywood caricature of Marie-Antoinette.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I prefer much more the new LX, LH and KE seats than the "real" EK suites. I am not a big fan of suites closed with doors as it reduces the sense of space and volume.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
The ad does not show a lot.

And frankly, I am not quite sure that the seat spotted on the new ad will be the one revealed in early May...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
I prefer much more the new LX, LH and KE seats than the "real" EK suites. I am not a big fan of suites closed with doors as it reduces the sense of space and volume.
Most of the suites are not closed with doors. But the side "walls" allow good privacy as opposed to the current first-generation AF solo seats.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ranskis
I am not a big fan of suites closed with doors as it reduces the sense of space and volume.
+1
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by olivedel
The ad does not show a lot.

And frankly, I am not quite sure that the seat spotted on the new ad will be the one revealed in early May...
It doesn't look quite like the current one, and (as far as I saw), the J seat in the same brochure does look like the new one - but without the side parts. I do think it's strange they would 'spoil' the announcement of the new seat, but then which seat did they use for this picture ?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Just got an email from AF informing of their new promo campaign that includes a photo of their new business class and what appears to be the new P seat.

https://asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index...271/2920/44158

The visuals are beautiful, some even stunning. I wish the reality matches the image they want to project asap. Though I am not holding my breath.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
And here is the official press release
http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/pr...is-in-the-air/
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
AF new First Class will not get suites.

Studies with AF P passengers show that most people are not comfortable with suites. Privacy will be improved though.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75

Studies with AF P passengers show that most people are not comfortable with suites. Privacy will be improved though.
Then, why they would call the new product "a suite" in their new ad?
I am quite sure there will be more privacy than in the current cabin, but not to the point of fully enclosed suites à la EK.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75

Originally Posted by olivedel
Then, why they would call the new product "a suite" in their new ad?
I am quite sure there will be more privacy than in the current cabin, but not to the point of fully enclosed suites à la EK.
When I discussed with AF people, I always told them to try to keep the great space impression of the P cabin while trying to improve privacy a bit. I'm among the ones who do not like to be trapped in a "sarcophage".
So it seems that's what they'll do ^
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I must say that I personally much prefer suites that can be fully privatised. Even for those with a sliding door, I have never seen a case when one would be 'obliged' to close the door if they did not want to, and by contrast, those who want privacy, notably on night flights, can get it. I personally don't care about getting an impression of space or openness when I try to sleep on night flights, while I do care about privacy, and in my recent experience (warning: I am not a natural F flyer so have only experienced it through awards or upgrades so do feel free to discount my opinion), I was impressed that closing a suite does actually partly filter noise from other passengers (snoring as it happened!) Personally, I think that AF would be making a significant mistake if it did not go the suite route although again, I'm admittedly not their 'coeur de cible' so unlike J I don't feel entirely entitled to have an opinion.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
When I discussed with AF people, I always told them to try to keep the great space impression of the P cabin while trying to improve privacy a bit. I'm among the ones who do not like to be trapped in a "sarcophage".
So it seems that's what they'll do ^
Now we know why they do it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.