Search

Allocation of AF flights to areas in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Allocation of AF flights to areas in CDG

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is some kind of systematic allocation of flights to zones (K, L or M) in CDG terminal 2E ? For example, are some flights/destinations served more often from the M gates ?

In my experience, the only rule i've understood so far is that narrow-bodies only go to K and L gates, and I believe the M gates close at a certain time, so flights later than that won't be there.. but i'm not sure if the rest is completely random.

In any case, thanks a lot !
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I'm not aware of any systematic rule and never guessed one. What you said about narrowbodies is right (K and L). M concourse closes at 2 pm. And A388 never goes to K.
Other thing I noticed (but it's not scientifically proven ) is that M concourse gets a lot of Asia-bound flights. I think that they want to concentrate rich Asian flyers in the nice and fancy shopping area of M.
Also, I believe that long-haul flights with a check-in in 2F but which actually depart from 2E (IAD, SXM, BKK, CCS, etc) all leave from L.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Thanks for the detailed answer !
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
I can add that all 388 leave from L or M.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And A388 never goes to K.
Originally Posted by freretuc
I can add that all 388 leave from L or M.
We have a deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.