Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at LAX-TBIT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by tpatta
Use the KE lounge. Try to use the left side security lanes at TBIT. Usualy shorter and will put you right in front of the lounge. About a 5 minute walk from the boarding gates.
Thank you very much for the suggestion tpatta.
I am going to fly out of TBIT on 21st December.

Ciao
Ulxima
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
pictures of KE (AF/KL) lounge at LAX TBIT - Oct 2014

Dear all,
here are some pictures of the KE lounge at LAX TBIT I took in october :

- The various seating areas inside

- The « outside » mezzanine

- The view from the mezzanine overlooking the brand new and very nice Tom Bradley Terminal

Please note that there is a completely separate area for P class pax (inside and on the mezzanine). This separate area is reached turning right at the front desk, while J pax and Elite+ pax go on the left after checking-in in the lounge.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

Just spoke to Mrs. Jaglav who is currently waiting to board AF065 from LAX to CDG. She is flying first and is enjoying the Asiana Lounge. Not sure if this is a permanent arrangement or if the normal first lounge is undergoing construction.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaglav
Just spoke to Mrs. Jaglav who is currently waiting to board AF065 from LAX to CDG. She is flying first and is enjoying the Asiana Lounge. Not sure if this is a permanent arrangement or if the normal first lounge is undergoing construction.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. As the KE lounge has a dedicated part for F pax (which was operational a month ago when I was in this lounge - in the "regular" J/Elite+ part), I deducted that AF P pax were also using this lounge. But I was obviously wrong. Maybe KE wants to reserve the P section to their own pax.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Interesting indeed. I must say that there is something a bit paradoxical in sending AF P pax precisely to "the other" Korean airlines, but I guess that les voies de Skyteam sont impenetrables.

The new KE lounge looks much better than the old one, as does the terminal overall, but I hope that the offerings have also improved commensurately.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Jaglav
Regarding AF TA, In Los Angeles, for AF/P flyers 2 lounges are available depending on the planes:
Air New Zealand (B777) and Qantas (A380)
AFAIK, Asiana shares the Qantas lounge
Last time I was in Qantas lounge (AF065)

https://www.agentconnect.biz/FR/fr/l...a_Premiere.pdf

Last edited by delanotre; Nov 23, 2014 at 8:19 am Reason: precision
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Interesting indeed. I must say that there is something a bit paradoxical in sending AF P pax precisely to "the other" Korean airlines, but I guess that les voies de Skyteam sont impenetrables.
Yes, it is not without irony. However, these things are often decided on the basis of hard-nosed commercial considerations. If KE is charging considerably more than OZ, I can see AF going for OZ, skyteam ou pas skyteam.

Ditto if KE is already in an agreement with another airline concerning lounge use around the departure time of the AF flight and OZ lounge is entirely empty and available at that time. Given that the OZ flight is not until 8 hours after the AF flight has departed, it is safe to say that OZ pax are unlikely to use the lounge at that time. Indeed, I would not be surprised if the agreement was that the lounge de facto functions as a quasi-Air France lounge at those times and not as an OZ one (and therefore with no *A pax allowed).
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Yes, it is not without irony. However, these things are often decided on the basis of hard-nosed commercial considerations. If KE is charging considerably more than OZ, I can see AF going for OZ, skyteam ou pas skyteam.

Ditto if KE is already in an agreement with another airline concerning lounge use around the departure time of the AF flight and OZ lounge is entirely empty and available at that time. Given that the OZ flight is not until 8 hours after the AF flight has departed, it is safe to say that OZ pax are unlikely to use the lounge at that time. Indeed, I would not be surprised if the agreement was that the lounge de facto functions as a quasi-Air France lounge at those times and not as an OZ one (and therefore with no *A pax allowed).
Totally agree, makes a lot of sense. ^
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:40 am

Flying AF # 065 LAX to CDG in Sept. What is the Business Class lounge situation now?
cb
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by cbredt
Flying AF # 065 LAX to CDG in Sept. What is the Business Class lounge situation now?
cb
Why are you expecting a change? You can still access the KE lounge in the TBIT terminal.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
Why are you expecting a change? You can still access the KE lounge in the TBIT terminal.
The prior posts were old so I'm asking if there have been any changes. Thanks for your reply, CB
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:56 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So sorry to ask, but what lounge is AF using now in TBIT for it's Biz pax? KLM switched to the Oneworld Business Lounge at LAX Nov 2017, I assume that AF did as well. KAL is just so awful in terms of food, drinks and things are getting worn.

I saw a rumor that AF was building it's own lounge too for 2020, but wasn't sure it was for sure....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So sorry to ask, but what lounge is AF using now in TBIT for it's Biz pax? KLM switched to the Oneworld Business Lounge at LAX Nov 2017, I assume that AF did as well. KAL is just so awful in terms of food, drinks and things are getting worn.

I saw a rumor that AF was building it's own lounge too for 2020, but wasn't sure it was for sure....
How many times do you need to post the same question in the same forum ?

See here:
Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
New answer AF business uses Qantas lounge

Departing AF65 today and As I waited in line for the sky team KE lounge I was convinced from the answers in the above thread that I was in the correct line. I Got to the front of the long line of 30 people after a 10 minute wait to be told AF65 business uses the Qantas lounge. Walked over no line straight in.
So as of today the answer to the repeatedly asked question is not KE but QF. I can see if I read the AF sticky the correct answer but searching google brings up this thread so posting here.
Hope this saves a few of you a 10 minute wait
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Last edited by GLOBALFLYERCT; Apr 7, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:56 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yes, AF and KLM have been using the OneWorld "Qantas" lounge at TBIT since Nov 2017 for it's business class passengers. For STE+ you are stuck with the very lackluster KAL lounge.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.