"another" "where to sit" post.... (A330 / 747 & E190)

Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Question "another" "where to sit" post.... (A330 / 747 & E190)

Yes, I have searched and read previous answers, but figured I was not happy enough with the responses, so here I go:

I'm flying outbound on A330 on "S" class (premium economy). Currently, prior to online check in, I was able to see three seats available:

1) bulkhead window
2) bulkhead aisle on center row (left side)
3) middle seat on 3rd and last row of Economy Premium.

Which should I choose and why? I heard that on 777 the first row was bad, due to no foot rest and lack of places to put things... is the same true for A330? Should I choose #3 for now and hope something better opens up for online check in, or #1?

On return flight, I'm on 747 UD. Miraculously I was able to select UD seat 68C. (there were several choices available, but obviously row 65 was not one of them . I did have the option of picking 60C. If all is open, besides row 65, which should I choose? 68C fine, as its close to stairs/deplane? or row 60C or 60A if it opens up?

Last but not lease, on connecting flights, I have Embraer 190. Being that on outbound I am on Premium Economy, I saw that for the connection I have "W" class. Does that mean I will get "front seats" or regular economy seats?

Thanks again for all replies, much appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by RedRobin
Yes, I have searched and read previous answers, but figured I was not happy enough with the responses, so here I go:

I'm flying outbound on A330 on "S" class (premium economy). Currently, prior to online check in, I was able to see three seats available:

1) bulkhead window
2) bulkhead aisle on center row (left side)
3) middle seat on 3rd and last row of Economy Premium.

Which should I choose and why? I heard that on 777 the first row was bad, due to no foot rest and lack of places to put things... is the same true for A330? Should I choose #3 for now and hope something better opens up for online check in, or #1?

On return flight, I'm on 747 UD. Miraculously I was able to select UD seat 68C. (there were several choices available, but obviously row 65 was not one of them . I did have the option of picking 60C. If all is open, besides row 65, which should I choose? 68C fine, as its close to stairs/deplane? or row 60C or 60A if it opens up?

Last but not lease, on connecting flights, I have Embraer 190. Being that on outbound I am on Premium Economy, I saw that for the connection I have "W" class. Does that mean I will get "front seats" or regular economy seats?

Thanks again for all replies, much appreciated.
- long haul PE: front row sides should also be bassinet seats. I personally don't mind baby neighbours but I know many people do so if you are one of them you probably shouldn't choose that.

- long haul Y 744: both fine, personal taste (bulkhead, noone reclines onto you but seats slighly narrower and armrests fixed so even if there is noone in the middle seat you can 'expand your space'.

- short haul E90: you should be towards the front but will be able to choose your seat at OLCI anyway.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
- long haul PE: front row sides should also be bassinet seats. I personally don't mind baby neighbours but I know many people do so if you are one of them you probably shouldn't choose that.
Is getting the middle seat crowded on PE? easy to get up and move around without disturbing the passengers next to me, sue to the fixed shell in front? or its a hassle?

Last edited by RedRobin; Aug 22, 2013 at 8:35 am
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is getting the middle seat crowded on PE? easy to get up and move around without disturbing the passengers next to me, sue to the fixed shell in front? or its a hassle?
It's definitely less a hassle than in Y.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's definitely less a hassle than in Y.
thanks. I think I'll move (middle seat, to make sure that at least i have a place to put my stuff if i need to have loose items) there and wait for online check in to see if the seat map opens up and i can choose a better seat. I can't imagine it's really all booked up yet.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:43 am
Original Poster

ok, decided to "splurge" ... found some miles that were going to expire and put them to good use. upgraded from Premium Economy to Business on the gig-cdg (A330) for 24.000miles. I guess wasn't that bad? Now the quest is again, the "best" seat in Business on a A330? Flying solo,... should choose window or aisle? or center seats? I tend to move a lot, so window would be nice if i have an empty seat next to me, or its easy to "jump over" the person who might be sleeping/full recline. (i had the option of 4b with 4a open so far, or 3d with 3c already picked. I choose that in order to have aisle/aisle setup... def. wanna stay in first cabin)

Also, I did seem to see a "1A" seat with no seat next to it, seat guru does not show that. does this seat really exist? how good / bad is it? (AFTER MORE SERARCHING REVIEWS, I DECIDED THIS IS A GLITCH ON THE SEAT MAP.. THEY ARE NOT REAL.

"orbitmic" another question you might know the answer: usually, they will deplane in CDG via (1L) main forward door, or (2L) second door?

last question: now that the transfer from 2E and 2G are "airside" can I have my bottle of water travel with me, without having to throw away? (meaning, if I buy water large bottle after security in my first flight,... I can now keep all my "liquids" (water, can of coke, etc..) for my next flight?) in the past, I remember having to had to throw it away..

thanks again...

Last edited by RedRobin; Aug 31, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Also, I did seem to see a "1A" seat with no seat next to it, seat guru does not show that. does this seat really exist? how good / bad is it? (AFTER MORE SERARCHING REVIEWS, I DECIDED THIS IS A GLITCH ON THE SEAT MAP.. THEY ARE NOT REAL.
Indeed, there is no seat 1A in AF A332.

last question: now that the transfer from 2E and 2G are "airside" can I have my bottle of water travel with me, without having to throw away? (meaning, if I buy water large bottle after security in my first flight,... I can now keep all my "liquids" (water, can of coke, etc..) for my next flight?) in the past, I remember having to had to throw it away..
Connecting non-Schengen to Schengen, you will have to go through security, so no liquids.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
should choose window or aisle? or center seats? I tend to move a lot, so window would be nice if i have an empty seat next to me, or its easy to "jump over" the person who might be sleeping/full recline. (i had the option of 4b with 4a open so far, or 3d with 3c already picked. I choose that in order to have aisle/aisle setup... def. wanna stay in first cabin)
Window or aisle are a question of personal taste rather than one better than the other, but to answer your question, there is no way you can be sure you will have no neighbour, and if you do, it is definitely quite difficult to climb over your neighbour if you want to go to the bathroom or something. How difficult depends on which NEV version you are getting, with NEV4 (the most recent) the tightest feeling IMHO. So in any case, if you plan on moving a lot I would definitely choose aisle.

Disembarking through 1L or 2L seems to depend, 2L seems more frequent for some reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.