FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   CDG connection between terminals 2F and 2E in 1 hour? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1455688-cdg-connection-between-terminals-2f-2e-1-hour.html)

travelbluez Apr 5, 2013 8:12 am

CDG connection between terminals 2F and 2E in 1 hour?

Hi first post here.

Yes it's another CDG 2F to 2E connection question. I've read the previous posts regarding the connection but I heard there were / are some changes to the terminal and gate numbers so want to confirm what the latest info is.

Our flight lands at 10:20pm at 2F from Lisbon on AF1925 codeshare and leaves 2E at 11:20pm to Johannesburg on AF990 so (shengan to non-shengan). This allows for a 1 hour connection. I assume, at this time it's one of the last flights to leave CDG so hopefully the airport won't be too busy.

From what I've been able to find out there is a walkway from 2F to 2E Gates K which only takes 5 mins but it's land side so I'd have to clear passport & customs on exit of 2F and go through passport and security in 2E. Would this be a good strategy or should I just stay air-side and walk / get the shuttle? I don't know the gate numbers yet but from what I've read it can be a very long way if the gate is at the far end.

I found this nice site (http://www.easycdg.com/1/information...al-2f-vers-2e/) which implies it only takes 25-30mins but from comments here it sounds like it's tighter than that.

Is it likely that we may be met by AF staff to assist with the transfer. Our tickets were booked on the AF site.
Anyone know which gate (K, L or M) my flight to JHB is likely to leave from? Flight number AF990 on A380.
The AF site shows a shuttle (blue line) to make the transfer from 2F to 2E gates K. Is this the best way or should I walk?

I'm sorry for all the questions but it's very confusing and I want to be sure I transfer as fast as possible as I can't afford to miss the flight.

Thanks.

JOUY31 Apr 5, 2013 9:27 am

Originally Posted by travelbluez (Post 20540824)
Hi first post here.

Yes it's another CDG 2F to 2E connection question. I've read the previous posts regarding the connection but I heard there were / are some changes to the terminal and gate numbers so want to confirm what the latest info is.

Our flight lands at 10:20pm at 2F from Lisbon on AF1925 codeshare and leaves 2E at 11:20pm to Johannesburg on AF990 so (shengan to non-shengan). This allows for a 1 hour connection. I assume, at this time it's one of the last flights to leave CDG so hopefully the airport won't be too busy.

From what I've been able to find out there is a walkway from 2F to 2E Gates K which only takes 5 mins but it's land side so I'd have to clear passport & customs on exit of 2F and go through passport and security in 2E. Would this be a good strategy or should I just stay air-side and walk / get the shuttle? I don't know the gate numbers yet but from what I've read it can be a very long way if the gate is at the far end.

I found this nice site (http://www.easycdg.com/1/information...al-2f-vers-2e/) which implies it only takes 25-30mins but from comments here it sounds like it's tighter than that.

Is it likely that we may be met by AF staff to assist with the transfer. Our tickets were booked on the AF site.
Anyone know which gate (K, L or M) my flight to JHB is likely to leave from? Flight number AF990 on A380.
The AF site shows a shuttle (blue line) to make the transfer from 2F to 2E gates K. Is this the best way or should I walk?

I'm sorry for all the questions but it's very confusing and I want to be sure I transfer as fast as possible as I can't afford to miss the flight.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk :)

Some info:
- your flight to JNB will not leave from the M gates, as the M gates are not used in the evening
- since you are flying on the A380, your flight will probably leave from the L gates
- there is now an airside walkway from 2F to the K gates and another one to the L gates in 2E
- walking is the best option from 2F to both the K and L gates
- you will not need to clear security (connecting from a Schengen airport)
- you will need to clear passport control once to leave the Schengen zone

From the moment you arrive in 2F, it should take no more than 30mn to reach your departures gate to the flight to JNB, probably less than that, actually.

Enjoy your flights :)

travelbluez Apr 5, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for replying. It's good to know that they now have air-side walkways. My mind has been put at ease. ^

nadsdl Jun 24, 2013 4:58 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 20541251)
Hello and welcome to FlyerTalk :)

Some info:
- your flight to JNB will not leave from the M gates, as the M gates are not used in the evening
- since you are flying on the A380, your flight will probably leave from the L gates
- there is now an airside walkway from 2F to the K gates and another one to the L gates in 2E
- walking is the best option from 2F to both the K and L gates
- you will not need to clear security (connecting from a Schengen airport)
- you will need to clear passport control once to leave the Schengen zone

From the moment you arrive in 2F, it should take no more than 30mn to reach your departures gate to the flight to JNB, probably less than that, actually.

Hi, I'm also new on here.

I am travelling JNB - CDG - ZRH and back this weekend.

I am a bit worried about the transfer times. I will have 1h45m between my JNB flight landing at 06:00 in CDG and the ZRH connection at 07:45 (so from 2E to 2G). Then on the way back I have 1h05m between my ZRH flight landing at 22:15 and my JNB flight at 23:20 (so from 2G to 2E).

I assume on the JNB - CDG - ZRH leg I will need to go through passport control in CDG? What about the ZRH - CDG - JNB leg?

What is the easiest and quickest way to make these transfers possible?

Thanks so much in advance!

Goldorak Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by nadsdl (Post 20978656)
Hi, I'm also new on here.

I am travelling JNB - CDG - ZRH and back this weekend.

I am a bit worried about the transfer times. I will have 1h45m between my JNB flight landing at 06:00 in CDG and the ZRH connection at 07:45 (so from 2E to 2G). Then on the way back I have 1h05m between my ZRH flight landing at 22:15 and my JNB flight at 23:20 (so from 2G to 2E).

I assume on the JNB - CDG - ZRH leg I will need to go through passport control in CDG? What about the ZRH - CDG - JNB leg?

What is the easiest and quickest way to make these transfers possible?

Thanks so much in advance!

First, welcome to FT :)
You'll have to pass immigration in CDG for both trips. Use airside bus shuttle for both trips (for the return, your flight to JNB will depart normally from L gates). Just follow the signs for your terminal.

bmcconnell17 Jul 9, 2013 9:21 am

Hello,

I'm also wondering if you could give me some info about a connecting flight I have coming up next week.

I'll be leaving from MTL > CDG > Rome and will have a 1 hr 45 min transfer time.

I'll be arriving in 2E, heading towards 2F.

Arrival time is 5:30am and departure is 7:15am.

At this point I don't know which part of 2F I'll be in but for a connecting flight to Rome, what would be the most likely one? And what is the best way to get there from 2E?

Also, will I have to clear security/passport check when coming from Montreal - I don't believe we're clearing customs in MTL so I'd assume we'll have to in CDG.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Goldorak Jul 9, 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by bmcconnell17 (Post 21066864)
Hello,

I'm also wondering if you could give me some info about a connecting flight I have coming up next week.

I'll be leaving from MTL > CDG > Rome and will have a 1 hr 45 min transfer time.

I'll be arriving in 2E, heading towards 2F.

Arrival time is 5:30am and departure is 7:15am.

At this point I don't know which part of 2F I'll be in but for a connecting flight to Rome, what would be the most likely one? And what is the best way to get there from 2E?

Also, will I have to clear security/passport check when coming from Montreal - I don't believe we're clearing customs in MTL so I'd assume we'll have to in CDG.

Thanks in advance for your help.

First, welcome to Flyertalk :)
Hopefully, you precised Montréal in your post because MTL doesn't mean anything here (as you may know airports codes are YUL for Montréal Trudeau airport and YMQ for Montréal "all airports").
I don't really see why you want to know in which part of 2F your flight to FCO will depart from :confused: . It doesn't really matter now that 2F is entirely Schengen ops. It has 2 different concourses but you can navigate from one to the other without pb. In any case, it is impossible to know in advance which gate you'll have. To get to 2F from 2E, it depends :
- if you arrive in K gate, just walk
- if you arrive in L or M gates, take the automatic train to K and walk. From L gates, you have the alternative to walk the whole way (not a bad alternative IMO).
Whatever the situation, just follow the signs to 2F and you'll be fine :) .

You will clear immigration in CDG (1st. entry in Schengen area) and you will clear customs in FCO.

orbitmic Jul 9, 2013 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 21068056)
From L gates, you have the alternative to walk the whole way (not a bad alternative IMO).

Unless you have problems walking, I would certainly do that if you arrive at the L gates too. I find it both faster and more pleasant than the automated transit. In any case, Goldorak already gave you perfect information on all aspects of your question so you now have all it takes for a pleasant and smooth transit, which it should frankly be considering the 1h45 connection time. Your flight will be one of the first ones to arrive at 2E so if you are reasonably fast exiting the aircraft, immigration and security should be reasonably fast.

sergiocasimiro Jul 11, 2013 6:28 am

Hi first post here also :)

Im about to buy a round trip flight, Lisbon(PT)> Denver(CO)

The inbound in 2 weeks time will have a 1h40 connection at Schiphol from Lisbon to Minneapolis (Im assuming this is OK).

The return will be middle of December (18th), and includes a connection at CDG: flight between airfrance flight 7 from JFK and a flight to Lisbon. From what I saw it's from 2F to 2E. >> Will this be enough time at this time of the year? or should I totally skip this flight option?

Thanks!

sergiocasimiro Jul 11, 2013 6:48 am

(ups, its from 2E to 2F afterall)

Goldorak Jul 11, 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by sergiocasimiro (Post 21077871)
The return will be middle of December (18th), and includes a connection at CDG: flight between airfrance flight 7 from JFK and a flight to Lisbon. From what I saw it's from 2F to 2E. >> Will this be enough time at this time of the year? or should I totally skip this flight option?

Welcome to FT :)
As you are not telling us how much time you have, it's hard to give you an answer ;)

sergiocasimiro Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am

sorry :)
The connection time is 1h10m.
Is this enough?

Goldorak Jul 11, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by sergiocasimiro (Post 21078271)
sorry :)
The connection time is 1h10m.
Is this enough?

It's tight but feasible if your 1st flight is on-time (note that JFK flights have a tendency to be late due to the saturation of JFK at that time, but airlines are also extending flight times to take into account the frequent 45-60 min taxi times at JFK). In any case, you will be protected in case of mis-connection and AF will rebook you on the next available flight to LIS (there are 5 or 6 a day I believe), so don't worry ;)

sergiocasimiro Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks Goldorak :)

FloraTse Apr 14, 2015 1:26 am

Hi,

I will be having a connecting flight from Prague (PRG) to CDG to Hong Kong (HKG).

Taking AF1583, arriving CDG at 10:20 pm at Terminal 2F
Taking AF188, departing CDG at 11:20pm at Terminal 2E to Hong Kong

Is the connection time being too tight?

Zembla Apr 14, 2015 1:43 am

Originally Posted by FloraTse (Post 24662076)
Hi,

I will be having a connecting flight from Prague (PRG) to CDG to Hong Kong (HKG).

Taking AF1583, arriving CDG at 10:20 pm at Terminal 2F
Taking AF188, departing CDG at 11:20pm at Terminal 2E to Hong Kong

Is the connection time being too tight?

Hi FloraTSe. Welcome to Flyertalk. We hope to hear more from you.

As has been said before in this thread. If your flight arrives on time you will make your connection, but don't stop to look at shops or something!

To help you. Tell the cabin crew you have a tight connection. And if you bump into a long line, tell the staff that you have a tight connection.

Have a nice trip!

felipe2k9 Apr 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Hi, first time posting here and I have a question as well

My connecting flight from is from Bucharest (OTP) to Houston (IAH), will a connecting time of 1:10 be enough?

AF 1089 arrives at 9:20 AM at Terminal 2E
AF 636 departs at 10:30 AM at Terminal 2F

Goldorak Apr 15, 2015 12:12 am

Originally Posted by felipe2k9 (Post 24666844)

My connecting flight from is from Bucharest (OTP) to Houston (IAH), will a connecting time of 1:10 be enough?

You sent me a PM with the same question and I replied to you.

Zembla Apr 15, 2015 2:59 am

Never hurts to answer in order to inform other readers of this thread.

Welcome to FT! If your flight is on time you'll be perfectly fine! Delay up to 25 minutes still makes it feasible, but then you need to rush and inform the cabin crew.

felipe2k9 Apr 15, 2015 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Zembla (Post 24667686)
Never hurts to answer in order to inform other readers of this thread.

Welcome to FT! If your flight is on time you'll be perfectly fine! Delay up to 25 minutes still makes it feasible, but then you need to rush and inform the cabin crew.

Thank you for the reply! This flight will also be on a friday towards the end of summer, do you know if that will affect the time spent in security greatly?

Goldorak Apr 15, 2015 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by felipe2k9 (Post 24668589)
Thank you for the reply! This flight will also be on a friday towards the end of summer, do you know if that will affect the time spent in security greatly?

No. I mean it's unpredictable. Can be from empty to long line !

Goldorak Apr 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Slightly OT, but replying to felipe2k9, I realized how confusing some info might be for pax non-familiar with CDG and specific details on some AF ops. This case is a good one. In OP's booking, the GDS is giving the info that IAH flight (AF636) departs from 2F. And we know this is wrong as this flight departs from 2E but it is one of the flight which has a check-in in 2F but departs from 2E. But the 2F info is relevant only for CDG-originating pax. Of course, for connecting pax, the screens will display the right gate (likely a L gate for those flights), but I think this can be very confusing for some people.

FloraTse Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zembla (Post 24662103)
Hi FloraTSe. Welcome to Flyertalk. We hope to hear more from you.

As has been said before in this thread. If your flight arrives on time you will make your connection, but don't stop to look at shops or something!

To help you. Tell the cabin crew you have a tight connection. And if you bump into a long line, tell the staff that you have a tight connection.

Have a nice trip!

Thanks for the information. I hope the staff in CDG are helpful, as last time when I was in Frankfurt, 1hr20min transit, long line in security and passport control, either no staff present, or the staff informed me to keep waiting in the long queue as I'm not first class pax, so nothing can be done.
Luckily, the connection flight wait for me (as I'm the last one), once I board, they immediately close the gate.

beachfan Apr 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Similar question, I have 1 hour 15 minutes.

LAX-CDG arriving 11:20 AM on a Sunday (A380 in biz)
CDG-AMS departing 12:35 PM same day

Luckily, there are more CDG-AMS flights later in the day. Is making this likely or only 50/50. True also for my bags?

Thanks in advance!

ETA - My question is answered in another thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-2f-2e-2f.html

ze1981 Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am

Hello.
I'm going to make a trip from lisboa to new york with a scale and CDG of only 1 hour. Some recent experience between terminal 2f and 2e to let me know. Do you think it's possible? is easy? The plane is the A388-800 know where it is most likely to leave, from Hall L or Hall M?

Goldorak Apr 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by ze1981 (Post 28200304)
Hello.
I'm going to make a trip from lisboa to new york with a scale and CDG of only 1 hour. Some recent experience between terminal 2f and 2e to let me know. Do you think it's possible? is easy? The plane is the A388-800 know where it is most likely to leave, from Hall L or Hall M?

feasible but tight of course. L or M ? Impossible to know unless your flight departs in the evening and, in this case, it will be L.

Zembla Apr 20, 2017 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28202984)
feasible but tight of course. L or M ? Impossible to know unless your flight departs in the evening and, in this case, it will be L.

And L or M will technically only add a few minutes to the required transit time, it really doesn't make much difference.

ze1981 Apr 20, 2017 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 28202984)

The departs at 16:40 in a Saturday...

Cate_PT Dec 1, 2017 10:17 pm

Good evening to all. I’m new here and I really need your help.

I’m flying on Christmas Day from Lisbon to Newcastle and I have a connection flight in Paris - CDG. According to my flight plan, I’ll arrive at Paris at 7:45pm, if there’s no delays, and I’ll leave at 8:50pm which means I only have 1h05m to change from 2F to 2E. Will I make it? Will I need to rush? I can’t afford to miss the flight :( I’m flying with AirFrance on both flights. On top of that, I’m flying alone for the first time and I’m terrified. :(

Thank you so much for your help.

Goldorak Dec 2, 2017 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Cate_PT (Post 29124646)
Good evening to all. I’m new here and I really need your help.

I’m flying on Christmas Day from Lisbon to Newcastle and I have a connection flight in Paris - CDG. According to my flight plan, I’ll arrive at Paris at 7:45pm, if there’s no delays, and I’ll leave at 8:50pm which means I only have 1h05m to change from 2F to 2E. Will I make it? Will I need to rush? I can’t afford to miss the flight :( I’m flying with AirFrance on both flights. On top of that, I’m flying alone for the first time and I’m terrified. :(

Thank you so much for your help.

Welcome to FT :)
Relax, no need to be terrified ;)
Will you need to rush ? Well, may be not rush but certainly no time to loose. When you disembark, check the screens to confirm your gate. 2E is composed of 3 concourses : K, L and M. I believe NCL should leave from K or L. Follow the signs to the appropriate concourse. On your way, you’ll have to clear immigration as you are leaving the Schengen area. At that time and on Christmas day, it shouldn’t be crowded. It should take you around 10 min to reach K and 15 min if L if immigration is not crowded.
Last information, your LIS-CDG flight will be operated by the new airline called Joon that has taken over AF flights since yesterday on this route. But that doesn’t change anything for your connection.

Cate_PT Dec 2, 2017 3:02 am

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

Well I'm just worried because I've also sent an email to the CDG airport and they said my connection time is very short and I should contact the airline. I'm terrified because of numerous reasons being one that if I miss my flight I don't know what I'll do because I can't stay there. Well, if both flights are from AirFrance (or Joon) maybe they can help me get there a little faster. Who should I ask for help? I'm also terrified because unfortunately I've heard a lot of bad things about the CDG airport and I don't want them to be real. I want to be able to be the person that says "No, they were very helpful and nice to me.".

I'm really in the dark here. Thank you for all your help.

​​​

Goldorak Dec 2, 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Cate_PT (Post 29125161)
Good morning and thank you for your reply.

Well I'm just worried because I've also sent an email to the CDG airport and they said my connection time is very short and I should contact the airline. I'm terrified because of numerous reasons being one that if I miss my flight I don't know what I'll do because I can't stay there. Well, if both flights are from AirFrance (or Joon) maybe they can help me get there a little faster. Who should I ask for help? I'm also terrified because unfortunately I've heard a lot of bad things about the CDG airport and I don't want them to be real. I want to be able to be the person that says "No, they were very helpful and nice to me.".

I'm really in the dark here. Thank you for all your help.

​​​

contacting the airport is useless as they don’t sell tickets and so it’s not their role to take care of such requests. You have nothing to do. Your connection is a legal one and is very easy to do. Just follow the signs and you’ll be fine. In case you misconnect, AF will have to rebook you for free and eventually pay you an hotel room.
Again, relax. There’s no reason to panic.

Cate_PT Dec 2, 2017 7:06 am

Well I hope you are right and that everything goes smoothly.
Thank you so much for all your patience and help.
Have a great weekend.
Best regards.

sppunk Dec 2, 2017 1:33 pm

Flew through CDG for the first time yesterday. BER>CDG into 2F, then CDG>IAD from 2E, M50. Stepped off the plane at 11:50 and was at M50 at 12:04.

I was terrified my 1:15 transfer time wasn’t enough but we hit the lottery yesterday apparently. The first Joon flight was weird, but that’s for another thread.

olivedel Dec 5, 2017 6:27 am

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 29126637)
Flew through CDG for the first time yesterday. BER>CDG into 2F

I wish you flew from BER, but I think that airport will not open before 2020 :D

sppunk Dec 5, 2017 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel (Post 29136291)
I wish you flew from BER, but I think that airport will not open before 2020 :D

Ha, good catch. I’m skeptical that airport ever opens.

Cate_PT Dec 11, 2017 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 29125563)
contacting the airport is useless as they don’t sell tickets and so it’s not their role to take care of such requests. You have nothing to do. Your connection is a legal one and is very easy to do. Just follow the signs and you’ll be fine. In case you misconnect, AF will have to rebook you for free and eventually pay you an hotel room.
Again, relax. There’s no reason to panic.

So I just remembered something. Do I need a passport to travel to England? I'm from Portugal. I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Thank you.

Goldorak Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cate_PT (Post 29159920)
So I just remembered something. Do I need a passport to travel to England? I'm from Portugal. I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Thank you.

If you have ID cards in PT, this is enough to travel to UK. If not or if you have one but is expired, then you need a passport.

Cate_PT Dec 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Yes, I have my ID card that only expires on March, 2018. Since I'm only staying until December 31st, I don't thing there's any issues. Thank you so much!
Best regards.

olivedel Dec 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Please note that you might face long lines at immigration in England, as you will not be able to use the automated passport control lines.