Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF 4xxx coded flights excluded from miles redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Question AF 4xxx coded flights excluded from miles redemption?

Hello all,

Unable to book a one-way award from Paris to Corsica via MRS or NCE on the website, I called FB and was told it is not possible to book awards in the 4xxx range of flight numbers.

From my knowledge, CCM operated flights are, among others, in these numbers.

However, I cannot find this rule in FB T&Cs.

Is this only restricted to OSP (Obligation de Service Public) flights? Any other clue?

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FB Terms & Conditions
3.3 All Airline Awards must be taken on routes operated by Air France, KLM and Airline Partners. Airline Awards may be limited on selected Air France or KLM code-share flights. Airline tickets on Airline Partners should be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to departure. Non-airline Awards should be requested at least 2 weeks prior to date of use. Miles are deducted at the issuing of the Award (Award ticket or Award Upgrade) or the voucher (non-airline Award). The placing of Members on standby lists is not allowed.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For many years now, you don't earn anymore miles on XK-operated flights between Corsica and Province cities even if booked under AF code (but you do earn on a ORY-Corsica AF-coded but on XK metal).
So I suppose, this restriction for miles earning applies also to award redemption.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Are you sure that you do not earn miles even when the flight is AF coded? This would be the only exception of an AFKL-coded flight that does not earn miles that I have ever heard of.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Are you sure that you do not earn miles even when the flight is AF coded? This would be the only exception of an AFKL-coded flight that does not earn miles that I have ever heard of.
Yes, it appears to be the only exception, and it comes up here every now and again:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...m-flights.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...rsica-eqm.html

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Originally Posted by KQ321
- For AF/KL, anything with an AF/KL code is eligible to earn miles (subject to fare class, of course) - including trains, flights operated by non-ST airlines, etc. (The only exception, which I've just discovered on the AF FB pages, is some AF-coded flights to/from Corsica, operated by CCM)
This is indeed true. The only FB eligible AF-coded flights to Corsica operated by CCM (now called Air Corsica) are those between ORY and Corsica (and reverse). So all flights operated by CCM from province cities, and particularly the numerous MRS-Corsica and NCE-Corsica flights, all operated by CCM in code-share with AF, are not eligible
This has changed about 2 or 3 years ago, without notice, and is really a very bad move as many AF routings to Corsica involve a connection in MRS or NCE, especially when flying to secondary airports like CLY or FSC.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes, it appears to be the only exception, and it comes up here every now and again:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...m-flights.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...rsica-eqm.html
+1. goldorak and irishguy28 are wholly correct: no miles earned regardless of code except from/to ORY
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many
It also appears that CCM has now its own loyalty program.

Anyway, too bad for me and thank you very much to all of you
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Interesting. I did not expect any exceptions to the general rule here. (But then again, now that I am thinking about it again, there are also exceptions to earning miles on ST-coded and -operated flights.)

In any case, I don't think FB is doing itself a favour by having such an exception. The rules are already quite complex without this exception and the economic impact of giving miles on these flights is probably pretty small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.