Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Air France catering guessing game: what is this?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I am pretty sure that it must have tasted better than it looks like because it could not look worse.

I think it must have been sweet - dry fruits like raisins, one plum and one fig. A triangle shaped slice of sweet pumpkin bread. Since you were flying to MUC, the red sauce must have been a French attempt at the German classic the Rote Grütze
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rřdgrřd

This thread should be nominated for the weekly FT email!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

This morning on CDG-DUB they served the same thing, except the red jelly stuff was now yellow. I don't know whether it was yellow because different raw materials were used of whether it was last week's un-eaten red stuff which was now re-served but had turned yellow in the meantime.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

This morning on CDG-DUB they served the same thing,
Aha! I knew it was breakfast!

Originally Posted by San Gottardo

except the red jelly stuff was now yellow.
I sympathise. That must have been powdered scrambled egg (which just should be banished from this world - even in its purest form - vile stuff that is. Omelette - OK; scrambled egg - just say no!!!)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:57 pm

Huh. I was guessing with the raisons and prune (date?) and that thing on the left which looks like a fig that it was some kind of Moroccan flavoured stew.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Bringing in my full expertise into this discussion, I would say that the picture clearly shows a standard long-haul Economy meal (chicken or beef) that has been pre-digested by staff members to add this extra bit of comfort and convenience that characterizes an enhanced Business class experience. (When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.)
Having it pre-digested and thrown up by staff is the new to have it warm and save money on ovens
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:25 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Yuck ...
Did you actually eat this muck ?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by pansted00
Yuck ...
Did you actually eat this muck ?
Err, no.... neither the red nor the yellow variant. Happy to go hungry and let all the "people don't want to eat anyway/all airlines save costs/LH is just as bad/at U2 you have to pay/etc" disciples believe that they are right.

Should I ever meet someone from AF who has lost/quit his job as part of the current restructuring I'll be more than happy to show him just this photo and tell him "and this is why".

Last edited by San Gottardo; Oct 9, 2012 at 5:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.