Air France/Orangina Collaboration Mini Planes!!

Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Air France/Orangina Collaboration Mini Planes!!

Hi All,

I don't mainly fly AF but thought I'd mention this to you guys.

Currently, Air France and Orangina the French soft beverage is running a campaign in Japan to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Paris-Japan service. Each Orangina bottle comes with this mini AF plane.

6 kinds. A380, A340, B777-200, B747-400, B727-200, and Concorde. If you happen to fly to Japan this week or next or maybe the week after that even, stop by the nearest convenience store and find Orangina (The quality is not super but it's cute).

Happy travels!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Cool stuff! I wonder if it is increasing orangina sales in Japan! I keep being amazed by the number of people who love Orangina abroad and sort of think that the product is probably poorly marketed or it could make a much bigger indent in the world soft drinks market!

More in tune with this forum though, I wish AF would give a mini-AF plane model for example to its long haul J pax the way KLM gives the little huisjes! Should we start a campaign to get 'some' souvenir in AF long haul J? (or simply collect ideas of other souvenirs that would seem nice/iconic of AF?)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Mini-huisjes with Orangina inside!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Orangina came out in Japan this year and it's a popular drink apparently. I am not wild about it myself but it's popular

I guess we like mini airplanes like this all the time. Last year, Star Alliance did the similar thing. A mini airplane came with a canned coffee for their Star alliance campaign.

NH does a free facility tour at HND and they give away a mini 787 at the end
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tokioblue
NH does a free facility tour at HND and they give away a mini 787 at the end
Now, that I would be interested in (if they run tours in English!).

How can one arrange to get on such a tour?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
And now on AF,during turbulences, everybody says: "Secouez-moi, secouez-moi!"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h...ina-jaune3_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa5...eme_shortfilms

Last edited by nicolas75; Oct 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Now, that I would be interested in (if they run tours in English!).

How can one arrange to get on such a tour?
Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese but whenever I take my FTer friends from outside of Japan to the tour, I see other foreign people. Yes, it's explained in Japanese but all you have to do is follow the guide. You will be taken to the dock and see 777s, 787 (if you are lucky) and whatever they are working on in the facility at the time you visit.

Japan Airlines do something similar as well. It's free of charge.

A friend of mine from the States told me this would never happen in his country because you walk to the aircraft so closely

Unfortunately, no Orangina is provided during the tour :P
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Cool stuff! I wonder if it is increasing orangina sales in Japan! I keep being amazed by the number of people who love Orangina abroad and sort of think that the product is probably poorly marketed or it could make a much bigger indent in the world soft drinks market!
Orangina has been a family run company, then bought by Pernod Ricard group.
It has been sold to Cadburry Schweppes, which is now part of Japanese Suntory group.

Despite the quality of the product, Orangina never has been core product in the groups it belonged to, and has to face major competitors like Coca Cola and Pepsi. It is therefore a (very profitable) niche product which has to be managed like a niche product.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It is therefore a (very profitable) niche product which has to be managed like a niche product.
Fair enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.