Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post here if you used the 2F-terminal at CDG (100% Schengen, from Oct 1st)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FB06
My flight to HAV on Oct 27 has been moved from 2E to 2F. So F is not only Schengen flights.
this is true, in the beginning there will be some non-Schengen flights leave from 2F ... but this won't last for very long time from what I heard.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chrissxb
this is true, in the beginning there will be some non-Schengen flights leave from 2F ... but this won't last for very long time from what I heard.
Absolutely correct. There is actually a thread (or maybe it was integrated in the bigger cdg thread) detailing the list of "exceptions" and dates.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Absolutely correct. There is actually a thread (or maybe it was integrated in the bigger cdg thread) detailing the list of "exceptions" and dates.
thanks for confirming, but I've sometimes good information source at AF
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
thanks for confirming, but I've sometimes good information source at AF
sorry I looked at the post not the poster (i hate how ft looks on my iphone). in any case hopefully the previous poster will find the reference to the existing thread with detailed timetable of transfers useful!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 3:42 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla
Sounds like you've mixed up F1 and F2.
Yup, my bad - thanks for noting that
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Flew from 2F to MUC this Friday. Eventless I'd say. The pleasant thing was that it wasn't 2D ^ and that the lounge is after security. Security control was swift, the lounge had enough seats (around 7h40 in the morning) but for some reason the buffet seemed less well stocked than in the past.

I think having all of 2F dedicated to Schengen now is better for those that used 2D before and much better than before for connecting pax. The only thing I am wondering is whether there will be any construction work to change the layout of 2F2. The gates and airbridges were designed for widebody planes, but obviously one could fit many more narrowbody stands/gates there (as many as in 2F1 in fact) and thus reduce the number of bus boardings.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Oct 7, 2012 at 1:07 am
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The gates and airbridges were designed for widebody planes, but obviously one could fit many more narrowbody stands/gates there (as many as in 2F1 in fact) and thus reduce the number of bus boardings.
F2 has exactly as many bridges as F1. However, when there is a wide body parked at one of them the adjacent bridge can't be used.

Having said that. I've seen today that there are some works going on the east side of F2 (the gates are closed there), probably to make the east side gates more suitable for smaller aircraft, as is already the case on the west side of F2

Check out google maps and it will al make sense what I'm saying.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:53 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Flew again on Monday. Everything absolutely hassle-free and much better than 2D. In addition, the lounges were less crowded than on Friday (both at 12h00 and at 19h00).

The only suggestion I'd make would be to install a moving walkway in the lower floor of the connection between F1 and F2.

Last edited by tff; Oct 10, 2012 at 10:38 am Reason: Adding time of lounge visits
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
CDG-AMS this Tuesday, very smooth sailing through the terminal. However, the lounge was VERY crowded (=not one seat available) around 8.30am.

Anyone misses 2D?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
CDG-AMS this Tuesday, very smooth sailing through the terminal. However, the lounge was VERY crowded (=not one seat available) around 8.30am.

Anyone misses 2D?
Blunt comment. Maybe it's time to reconsider access for Premium Economy pax ex-CDG if AF can't guarantee access and seats to C and elite+?

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 11, 2012 at 1:40 am Reason: Clarification of acronym
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The lounge situation in 2F1 is rediculess at the moment. But I reckon it will improve when:
-The east side of 2F2 becomes operational again and they can distribute flights more amongst F1 and F2 (Give me F2 over F1 any time)
-The new central lounge will open at some unconfirmed time in the future (Hope it will have a similar quality as the M lounge...)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:37 am

i don't fly many european flights so i can not compare that much with the former situation.

However security checks were quite fast but i was on an early departure on a sunday morning

Bad experience is drop off (by Mrs Mud who was kind enough to wake up VERY early) but i managed to park the car "illegally" for a few minutes before a security guy came and asked to us to leave.

Overall impression is good IF we can get a decent drop off/parking facility
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: FB Silver, M&M
I arrive at 2F and I have to take a plane departing from 2G 1h later. What do you think? Will I have problems? Any advantage after renovations?

Thanks.

PS As complementary info: I'm flying on Sunday ( I don't know if CDG is crowded on Sundays) and I'm FB Silver but my gilfriend isn't, so I'm not sure about Sky Priority.

Last edited by Istari; Oct 18, 2012 at 7:38 am
Old Oct 20, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Zembla
The lounge situation in 2F1 is rediculess at the moment. But I reckon it will improve when:
-The east side of 2F2 becomes operational again and they can distribute flights more amongst F1 and F2 (Give me F2 over F1 any time)
-The new central lounge will open at some unconfirmed time in the future (Hope it will have a similar quality as the M lounge...)
I did both 2F1 and 2F2 last week and F2 is definitely better (is was already better before the reorganization). I did notice that F2 only had 2 air bridges open, so that could help explain the lopsided distribution of passengers. I hope when both sides are operational it will be better at the F1 lounge.

The last time I left the lounge to sit near the gate to get away from the crowds!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
2F to 2E earlier this month: the Sky Priority queue at 2F was ridiculously long (I can't imagine all in the queue were SP although they claimed to be), and passengers were just about to physically start fighting their way through when we managed to get an airport staff member's attention as we only had 20 minutes to make our connection.

2E to 2F yesterday: due to a delay of the first segment we only had 55 minutes to get from A to B. Had a very uninterested immigration officer in 2E (never even looked at my passport) and found the Sky Priority security queue in 2F to be just as long as the others, due to a ground crew staff member who was too busy using his smartphone rather than checking boarding passes so everyone got to use the SP queue regardless of status...

As we arrived at the gate boarding for SP had just started, so we made it (so did our luggage).

Still find it a hell of a walk between the two terminals!!!

Last edited by Canada freak; Oct 24, 2012 at 4:53 am Reason: Added last line

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.