Air France Upgrade Miles Chart or Calculator?

Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG,United Mileage Plus, HHonors
Air France Upgrade Miles Chart or Calculator?

Hi All,

I am trying to find an award chart or calculator to see how many miles are required to upgrade on Air France from LAX to CDG. AF0069

All I found was an Award Chart: http://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/direct/charts/mexico/

Can someone help out? Thanks in advance-
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I presume you are referring to using Flying Blue miles.

It used to be that the Miles Finder showed how many miles were required for an upgrade - but I guess with the recent changes that has ended. The Miles Finder now just says:
** When you book a regular ticket (i.e. not an award ticket), certain conditions permit you to use your Award Miles to upgrade to Business Class. For more information, contact the Flying Blue Service Center.
First of all, are you even sure that you have booked your AF flight in an upgradeable class?

See the following thread which lists the fare classes which are upgradeable, and also has a link to a spreadsheet showing the upgrade amounts (I can't promise that this information is still up-to-date).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...-upgrades.html

You could always ring Flying Blue and request this information.

Note, also, that if you are hoping to upgrade a Business Class fare to First, you need to have Flying Blue Elite or Elite Plus status.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I presume you are referring to using Flying Blue miles.

It used to be that the Miles Finder showed how many miles were required for an upgrade - but I guess with the recent changes that has ended. The Miles Finder now just says:

First of all, are you even sure that you have booked your AF flight in an upgradeable class?

See the following thread which lists the fare classes which are upgradeable, and also has a link to a spreadsheet showing the upgrade amounts (I can't promise that this information is still up-to-date).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...-upgrades.html

You could always ring Flying Blue and request this information.

Note, also, that if you are hoping to upgrade a Business Class fare to First, you need to have Flying Blue Elite Plus status.
Thanks for the quick response. I will review what your sourced. I haven't booked it yet but it but it will be an upgrade from Economy to Business Class only.

I also came across this: in which I guess you have a better chance to upgrade from that fare as well which is interesting.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by westcoastbmx
Thanks for the quick response. I will review what your sourced. I haven't booked it yet but it but it will be an upgrade from Economy to Business Class only.

You cannot upgrade from Economy ("Voyageur") to Business Class ("Affaires") on Air France using Flying Blue miles.

There is a "Premium Voyageur" (premium economy) cabin in between these cabins on AF - and as you can only upgrade by one cabin class, upgrades from full-fare economy class tickets will put you in the Premium Voyageur cabin.

In order to upgrade to Business Class, you would need to hold a Premium Voyageur ticket issued in an upgradeable fare class.

It goes without saying that in order to upgrade to any of the classes under discussion here, there needs to be seats available in the appropriate upgrade bucket in the cabin which you are trying to upgrade to.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Excellent!! Thanks Again
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should say, of course, that Premium Voyageur does not exist on shorthaul aircraft, so for completeness sake (in case others, in different scenarios, read this later), an upgrade from Economy to Business (which in that case is the next cabin up) is possible on short-haul aircraft.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
AFAIK you can upgrade from Economy to Business. IIRC we even had a thread here recently where someone posted an upgrade table by AF that showed which fare classes are eligible for upgrade and this table included the option to upgrade from Economy to Business.

This is my 1000th post. :-)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
AFAIK you can upgrade from Economy to Business. IIRC we even had a thread here recently where someone posted an upgrade table by AF that showed which fare classes are eligible for upgrade and this table included the option to upgrade from Economy to Business.

This is my 1000th post. :-)
Congratulations!!! ^ -- Your 1000th post is correct too - it is possible to upgrade from Y to C/J although of course only from full fare which often costs more than a discounted business class ticket in the first place!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Thank you.
Whether upgrading from Y makes sense really depends on the fare structure for your particular OD pair. For many OD pairs it is a ridiculous way of spending miles, while there are some pairs where upgrading from Eco to Bus is equivalent to paying a cheap Z fare (if you value your miles reasonably).
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Someone

Originally Posted by cityflyer369

The document with numbers of miles for upgrades, provided by Mokshu ^

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 6, 2012 at 6:49 am
Old Aug 30, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for posting the Miles!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.