Wiki Posts
Search

Air France - Premium Voyageur & Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental, Delta
Air France - Premium Voyageur & Premium Economy

I've booked my European open jaw with Air France in October! Im flying in Premium Voyageur on the transatlantic sectors, and in Premium Economy within Europe.

Everyone--from your experience what are the pros/cons/benefits of both classes of service?

Last but not least even though my trip is six weeks away there were only middle seats offered on the transatlantic boeing 777-200 from YYZ/CDG and vice versa. Is this possible? Is AF holding back the window and aisle seats?? How can I assure myself of getting a window seat?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: flying blue platinum
in order to have your window/aisle seat i think you have to be flying blue member.
Premium Economy on transatlantic flights is nice. no need to take business class except you must sleep 7 hours
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ghard
in order to have your window/aisle seat i think you have to be flying blue member.
No. Everybody can have those seats and pre-book them.
6 weeks before flight date, it's not surprising that only middle seats are available. AF is not holding window or aisle seats (they only hold the few seats which have baby basinets). You may try to OLCI to have a window or aisle seat. May be some will become available.
To come back to your original question, PV is a nice separate cabin. Legroom, seat width, large tray table (except at bulkhead row) and amenities really appreciable. Perfect for a day flight when you cannot afford J. But to sleep...forget about it. Slightly enhanced meal compared to Y (but only slightly), but AF meals in Y are usually good. Free champagne, as in Y, for the aperitif. You have access also to priority check-in and boarding.
Premium Eco for the European leg : main advantage is that you will have free lounge access at CDG before flying PE (so not on your return, in transit in CDG, going back to YYZ). Seating in PE is at the front, before the curtain . Same service as in Premium Affaires (but no guarantee of middle seat vacant). But do not expect something extraordinary (but will be much better than any US domestic Y flight).
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
We have several long threads about Premium Voyageur. You might wish to do a search. It does not really make sense to start a new one here.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental, Delta
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. Everybody can have those seats and pre-book them.
6 weeks before flight date, it's not surprising that only middle seats are available. AF is not holding window or aisle seats (they only hold the few seats which have baby basinets). You may try to OLCI to have a window or aisle seat. May be some will become available.
To come back to your original question, PV is a nice separate cabin. Legroom, seat width, large tray table (except at bulkhead row) and amenities really appreciable. Perfect for a day flight when you cannot afford J. But to sleep...forget about it. Slightly enhanced meal compared to Y (but only slightly), but AF meals in Y are usually good. Free champagne, as in Y, for the aperitif. You have access also to priority check-in and boarding.
Premium Eco for the European leg : main advantage is that you will have free lounge access at CDG before flying PE (so not on your return, in transit in CDG, going back to YYZ). Seating in PE is at the front, before the curtain . Same service as in Premium Affaires (but no guarantee of middle seat vacant). But do not expect something extraordinary (but will be much better than any US domestic Y flight).

> You may try to OLCI to have a window or aisle seat. May be some will become available.
what is OLCI?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OLCI = On-line check-in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.