FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Lounge Access upon Arrival @ CDG intra-EU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1351673-lounge-access-upon-arrival-cdg-intra-eu.html)

GrizNation May 31, 2012 2:21 am

Lounge Access upon Arrival @ CDG intra-EU

Sorry if this has been discussed before...

I will be flying TRN-CDG in Y as a DL GOLD (STE+) on aF 1703, CDG being my final destination.
I was wondering if I had access to the CDG AF Lounge in 2G upon arrival. I remember being able to do so in the past as an AF Gold but I believe they let me in as an exception, or at least it looked like it...

Any insight?

Thanks

KLflyerRalph May 31, 2012 7:31 am

I don't think so. There was a line on the KLM website that said (FB) Elites could make use of lounges upon arrival at some airports but IIRC, CDG wasn't one of them.

Found it:

Originally Posted by AF Website
Flying Blue Gold and Platinum or SkyTeam Elite Plus
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges.

You have access to the lounges when you travel:

on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a KLM flight within the Netherlands that departs from Amsterdam-Schiphol,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day,
upon arrival on a SkyTeam international flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle terminal 2C,
upon arrival on a SkyTeam international flight to Amsterdam Schiphol (KLM Crown Lounges), Dubai, Glasgow, Houston, Johannesburg, and Toronto.

So no access in CDG.

orbitmic May 31, 2012 8:25 am

Incidentally, you would need to be a complete masochist to want to go to the Patio lounge in 2G - Patio lounges are as dire as it gets...

GrizNation May 31, 2012 8:30 am

That's what I thought, but I was still lucky in the past ( just a couple times) and was let in.
And I agree that lounge is a dump, but the Clarins massage booth is a nice perk.

Also on another note, will the fact that my ticket was bought with FB miles but I hold status with Delta be a problem to get into the lounge in TRN?

I called reservations and they said they couldn't take off the FB account # (which is Silver) from the ticket and put my Delta Gold # instead. I believe it shouldn't be a problem if I carry my DL card though right?

orbitmic May 31, 2012 8:34 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 18672769)
That's what I thought, but I was still lucky in the past ( just a couple times) and was let in.
And I agree that lounge is a dump, but the Clarins massage booth is a nice perk.

Are you sure you mean 2G? I'm pretty certain it doesn't have (nor had) any Clarins booth.

You won't have any problem for the TRN lounge if you show your DL gold card.

GrizNation May 31, 2012 8:38 am

My bad I think I mean 2D...and good to know! Thank you so much