Overhead Bin Space

Old May 26, 2012, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Overhead Bin Space

Hello All,

I will be flying from IAD to CDG on AF a380 in affaires. Anyway, I read that the SQ Overhead bins (at least in business) on the a380 are smaller than the "typical" overhead bin size and standard carry on sized bags don't fit (21"-22").

Can anyone on here comment if they have noticed the same thing on AF's a380? How does it compare to the huge bins on DL's 764?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2012, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Certainly didn't have that impression.
Old May 27, 2012, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cshel
Hello All,

I will be flying from IAD to CDG on AF a380 in affaires. Anyway, I read that the SQ Overhead bins (at least in business) on the a380 are smaller than the "typical" overhead bin size and standard carry on sized bags don't fit (21"-22").

Can anyone on here comment if they have noticed the same thing on AF's a380? How does it compare to the huge bins on DL's 764?

Thanks!
standard carry-on definitely fits in those bins. If you are at a window seat, remember that you have also some side storage along the fuselage (of course, this is for small items only and not for a suitcase).
Old May 27, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: AF FB Platinum, BA EC Gold, StarGold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Goldorak
standard carry-on definitely fits in those bins. If you are at a window seat, remember that you have also some side storage along the fuselage (of course, this is for small items only and not for a suitcase).
I can confirm that the carry-ons do not fit perpendicular to the fuselage as in a normal overhead locker. This is slightly smaller. So i had to put it parallel to the fuselage, in order to fit it in (it was actually today so...).

On the other hand, the overhead lockers on the middle of the plane are of good size, but not the ones windows side.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.