380 Affaires: Where are the TV screens in row 60?

Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:05 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question 380 Affaires: Where are the TV screens in row 60?

We have seats K and L in row 60 on an upcoming flight. These are the bulk head seats on the upper deck.

Where are the TV screens for these seats? I see on screen attached to the bulkhead wall but I doubt those are our personal screens.

If they are in the seat arm rest...does it make the seat narrower?

I choose K/L row 60 because all the reviews say these are the best Affaires seats on the plane.

Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The PTV are in the central armrest. But don't worry, the seats have the same width
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
If I recall the TV screens are somewhat smaller though.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
If I recall the TV screens are somewhat smaller though.
Yes, significantly smaller.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, significantly smaller.
Significantly? Then why is row 60 considered by many to be the best 380 Affaires seat? You would think a reduced screen would impact the comfort and amenities that row 60 has to offer.

Should I be rethinking my choice?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by david4455
Significantly? Then why is row 60 considered by many to be the best 380 Affaires seat? You would think a reduced screen would impact the comfort and amenities that row 60 has to offer.

I wouldn't choose row 60/65 because it's not very private. If you have an other Affaires-Seat in front of you, it gives you more a feeling of privacy.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by david4455

Certainly not. Of course everybody has different preferences and priorities but, IMO when flying J, there are many more important things than the size of the screen (the space is one of the top criteria and for this row 60 is clearly the best). And don't worry, it's big enough to enjoy the movies.

Originally Posted by Kölner
I wouldn't choose row 60/65 because it's not very private. If you have an other Affaires-Seat in front of you, it gives you more a feeling of privacy.
Frankly, I don't really see what gives you more privacy in row 61 versus 60. Unless you travel in a F suite à la SQ...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:07 am

Frankly, I don't really see what gives you more privacy in row 61 versus 60. Unless you travel in a F suite à la SQ...
Maybe it's more a personal feeling, but: Everyone how comes from the toilett or the lounge-area looks directly at row 60.
I don't know why "row 60 is clearly the best"!? Explain me please. I've never sit in a "front row" like this. And I think the seat is exactly the same like all others, but with a smaller screen and NO storage space. So for me, it seems, the seats in row 60 are the worst!?

Last edited by Kölner; Mar 18, 2012 at 10:21 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Maybe it's more a personal feeling, but: Everyone how comes from the toilett or the lounge-area looks directly at row 60.
I don't know why "row 60 is clearly the best"!? Explain me please. I've never sit in a "front row" like this. And I think the seat is exactly the same like all others, but with a smaller screen and NO storage space. So for me, it seems, the seats in row 60 are the worst!?
It's not true that there is no storage space. There are the side bins which are quite sizable. I am very happy with 60A or on the other side. Also with row 60 you don't have to squeeze your legs into the seat in front of you.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Yes, the seats are exactly the same as in other rows but what makes the difference is the space you have in row 60 which is huge compared to other rows. That's why this row is preferred by many fliers. This being said, everybody has his/her own criteria to define what is the best seat/row and I completely understand if you prefer another row .
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the seats are exactly the same as in other rows but what makes the difference is the space you have in row 60 which is huge compared to other rows.
Sounds good to me ...small screens ....huge space.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
One other aspect to Row 60 (A/B, K/L) is that if you're travelling by yourself, the person by the window can get up without having to crawl over the person in the aisle, which I think each would consider a benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.