Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyPriority: a new airport experience for our most valued customers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
SkyPriority: a new airport experience for our most valued customers

I hadn't seen this mentioned before:

Distinctively branded priority services for faster travel through airports

As of end of March 2012, AIR FRANCE and KLM together with all other SkyTeam airlines will introduce an aligned service called Sky Priority which will cover all priority airport services. Early 2013 SkyPriority will be launched at more than 1,000 airports worldwide

Passengers eligible for the SkyPriority service are Flying Blue Platinum and Flying Blue Gold members as well as the SkyTeam Elite Plus members and First & Business Class passengers of all SkyTeam airlines.

Launching this service, the SkyTeam airlines aim to enhance the customer experience on the ground by offering greater recognition and consistent service delivery whenever you travel with any SkyTeam airline partner.

From check-in to take-off and through to your final destination, simply follow the signs with the special red label to enjoy the following priority services:
Priority check-in
Priority baggage drop-off
Priority at immigration (passport control) and security
Priority service at ticket office and transfer desk
Priority boarding
Passengers eligible for the SkyPriority service will also find SkyPriority on their boarding pass.

Please note: Flying Blue Silver members will enjoy SkyPriority for their current benefits: priority check-in, priority baggage drop-off and priority boarding.
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news/1...s_fideles.html
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...ypriority.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...l#post18224660

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyte...ht=skypriority

Last edited by Gajan; Mar 26, 2012 at 12:59 pm Reason: merge post
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I also had that in my email today. Must be the first time in years I actually read those news.

But there is some good news, at least if executed like announced:

" Embarquement prioritaire" (priority boarding)

"Déploiement progressif à partir de mars 2012
Un déploiement progressif étant programmé à partir de mars 2012, SkyPriority sera d’abord lancé aux aéroports d’Amsterdam-Schiphol, Paris-Charles de Gaulle et Paris-Orly, et aux aéroports français desservis par AIR FRANCE et KLM, puis au cours des prochains mois dans des aéroports hors France desservis par AIR FRANCE et KLM. Début 2013, SkyPriority couvrira plus de 1 000 aéroports dans le monde."
(in bold: at airports in France served by AF and KL)

In other words: they have found the magic formula that suddenly makes priority boarding for domestic flights "operationally" possible! ^
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Just saw the skypriority sign today at ZHR airport for boarding AF to CDG. However, there was only 1 line and the sign says "pass the line and get in front of all the other passengers", too bad that you have to do this before you get to the checking agent. Do they really want passengers pushing away other pax? I wouldn't feel well doing this. So you have to wait as all others. Not that it matters too much for this flight as you end up in the same bus anyway, but if this is AF's way of introducing skypriority, then I have a problem with it.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by creber
I also had that in my email today. Must be the first time in years I actually read those news.

But there is some good news, at least if executed like announced:

" Embarquement prioritaire" (priority boarding)

"Déploiement progressif à partir de mars 2012
Un déploiement progressif étant programmé à partir de mars 2012, SkyPriority sera d’abord lancé aux aéroports d’Amsterdam-Schiphol, Paris-Charles de Gaulle et Paris-Orly, et aux aéroports français desservis par AIR FRANCE et KLM, puis au cours des prochains mois dans des aéroports hors France desservis par AIR FRANCE et KLM. Début 2013, SkyPriority couvrira plus de 1 000 aéroports dans le monde."
(in bold: at airports in France served by AF and KL)

In other words: they have found the magic formula that suddenly makes priority boarding for domestic flights "operationally" possible! ^
someone at Air France asked me to post this reply to your post:

Originally Posted by Air France
=> No, we have not found the magic formula yet
therefore it won't be a direct benefit of SkyPriority, at least for the launch phase (starting March 26th), on domestic flights
Nevertheless, we have started testing new formulas to answer our passengers' expectations regarding priority boarding (for long, medium and possibly short haul)
No clear picture at that point about future implementation but first indications very positive. There's will and high hopes

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
someone at Air France asked me to post this reply to your post:
THanks for the heads-up, really appreciated (the heads-up, not the failure to implement prio boarding on domestic flights )
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
If Easyjet can do priority boarding with a rapid rotation, why cant AF do it?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by brunos
If Easyjet can do priority boarding with a rapid rotation, why cant AF do it?
I'm not sure I would describe Easyjet's approach priority boarding as such. It is best to think about it as first scrum followed by second scrum (and if at LPL, first scrum, second scrum and then third scrum where first scrum works on an informal "friends and family" policy)......
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up SkyPriority / Platinum now appears on your mobile boarding pass

No need any more to show your Platinum card at Accès Numéro 1 or lounge when flying Y and having checked-in with your mobile: status and SkyPriority is now visible on your mobile boarding pass.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Internaut
I'm not sure I would describe Easyjet's approach priority boarding as such. It is best to think about it as first scrum followed by second scrum (and if at LPL, first scrum, second scrum and then third scrum where first scrum works on an informal "friends and family" policy)......
Frankly the scrums for Easy boardings are no worse that the scrums for AF domestic shuttles. But I love rugby, so I amy be biased.
What truly bothers me as an elite+ is to have to board among the last ones (meaning no newspaper and no more overhead space). So like everyone else, I try to board earlier...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
What truly bothers me as an elite+ is to have to board among the last ones (meaning no newspaper and no more overhead space).
+1
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Internaut
The BP on my I-phone mentions platinum but not Sky Priority. Anyway, Sky Priority signage is in place at CDG (check-in and boarding gates).
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
No need any more to show your Platinum card at Accès Numéro 1 or lounge when flying Y and having checked-in with your mobile: status and SkyPriority is now visible on your mobile boarding pass.
When I entered acces no. 1 last night at terminal 2D and was Let through just after having waived my mobile phone by the lady I asked her "what is it on mobile boarding passes that you look at to see whether the pax is actually allowed to enter acces no. 1?", expecting something along the lines described by nicolas75. But she replied: "Actually I don't see anything. We just assume that people who have their boarding pass on mobile phone are the ones that are entitled to use acces no. 1 lane".

Fantastic. So here's a hint to all of you with no status flying in Y: just get a mobile BP and waive by the people at the entrance of access no. 1. But do not be surprised to find a larger crowd than expected.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sky Priority at EDI

I came back from EDI tonight. Sky Priority was well printed on the paper BP obtained on a kiosk. I was not expecting anything for boarding, as AF is handled by Servisair at EDI, but I had the nice surprise to see the signage at the gate and that priority boarding was strictly enforced ^. Flight was full, so it was clearly nice to board first and have time to reach your seat and have space in the small overhead bins of the Avro RJ85.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I boarded a flight at CDG 2F yesterday, which has the two lanes. Skypriority sign was available, and BP's were checked if indeed everybody in the SP lane had the proper permissions.

At boarding time both lines opened simultaneously though. As this was a flight to AMS it had at least 50% elites on board. This resulted in a huge SkyPriority line, and a medium 'normal' line. Since both opened at the same time, most people in the normal line boarded first

So it would have been nice if they kept the normal line waiting until the SkyPriority line was finished boarding. On the other hand I guess it is good that now at least they check the BP for the SkyPriority logo, in the past they would not check at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.