Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyPriority: a new airport experience for our most valued customers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What I just don't understand is why they make 2 different lines and then start boarding the two together, sometimes the normal one even first, so no real 'priority' for the priority line. Hate it when I'm at the gate just before boarding starts but still have to wait in the jetway because they don't want to hold the normal line for a few minutes.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
So it would have been nice if they kept the normal line waiting until the SkyPriority line was finished boarding.
Nah. It was an intelligence test for elites to determine which would be clever enough to switch to the shorter queue. From your description, it would seem that most failed miserably.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Nah. It was an intelligence test for elites to determine which would be clever enough to switch to the shorter queue. From your description, it would seem that most failed miserably.
I think anybody would expect that the normal line would be held until the priority line was finished, like they do at AMS. And, when in line, you can't switch to the other since they are separated.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Xandrios
At boarding time both lines opened simultaneously though. As this was a flight to AMS it had at least 50% elites on board. This resulted in a huge SkyPriority line, and a medium 'normal' line. Since both opened at the same time, most people in the normal line boarded first
You should see the commuter flights between HKG-PVG/TPE I used to take all the time...They call out for elites to board, and everyone gets up.....at least 75%.

CDG even does this with the long-haul flights, but thankfully the elite line is quite a bit shorter than the other one. AMS is always good though.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
Thumbs up

I just made a CDG-YUL flight last monday on the A388 and I can tell you that they begin boarding with P,J and elites:they checked the BP of people in skypriority line and then allow us to board before opening the Y line.

I was just surprised that they boarded families after elites (and before Y).

Another change in 2E: the J checkin counters are 6 & 7 (it used to be 8&9) and it seems that they split elite in Y and people travelling in J: left for elite in Y, J if you are flying business.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Took a flight today from CDG to LIS. No skypriority sign at the gate and no priority boarding offered. What a shame!

By the way, did anybody notice, that they moved Access#1 at terminal 2D from opposite the lounge to the far end towards terminal 2B. I wonder how many elites are coming from 2B? It would make much more sense to have a fast track towards 2E or 2F where you come in a hurry to make your AF connections.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
AF at CDG 2F needs to get its act together. Not once (when boarding directly through the jetway) has there been any priority boarding (neither during the old regime nor the new sky priority) to any of the numerous GVA flights I have taken. Even if the screen shows row 19-26 to board first, it's a run for your life and the wider your elbows the further/quicker you get there

They should have the same boarding queues they have at some gates at AMS and not let anyone else board before at least half of the Sky Priority line has gone onboard...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
I have sympathy for everything except the following:
"Terrible queue for security check at ORY (and no fast track as usual). More than 40 minutes to wait."

Security should be the same for everyone.

[moderator note: this post was originally in reply to this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...y-evening.html, but was moved to the SkyPriority thread, because of its focus]

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 16, 2012 at 8:06 am
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by Cupart
Priority at immigration (passport control) and security
How can they pull this off when immigration is something under the responsibility of the state?
Are there first class and second class citizens nowadays?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Minos
How can they pull this off when immigration is something under the responsibility of the state?
Usually immigrations offers a separate lane for processing airlines have to pay for.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This issue has been raised in two reports by the Cour des Comptes. The official reply by the ADP Chairman and CEO is that, as this is standard practice in competing hubs in neighboring countries, it is necessary to implement it at Parisian airports so that they are not put at a disadvantage.

(my comment: despite the fact that, to put it delicately, the practice reaches beyond the boundaries of the French legal framework)

Originally Posted by Cour des Comptes
"S'agissant des files dédiées aux voyageurs de premičre classe et de classe affaires qui constituent une atteinte ŕ l'égalité des usagers devant un service public régalien, ADP considčre que la fréquence de cette pratique dans les aéroports comparables en rend nécessaire le maintien."

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 14, 2012 at 11:17 am
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
This issue has been raised in two reports by the Cour des Comptes. The official reply by the ADP Chairman and CEO is that, as this is standard practice in competing hubs in neighboring countries, it is necessary to implement it at Parisian airports so that they are not put at a disadvantage.

(my comment: despite the fact that, to put it delicately, the practice reaches beyond the boundaries of the French legal framework)
I hope they'll get a night curfew then, like FRA and LHR to ensure everyone's on the same competitive level.

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 15, 2012 at 4:40 am Reason: profanity removed
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Security should be the same for everyone.
Interesting point.
As a frequent flyer, I do enjoy a lot fast track (same thing for boarding at the time I like).

But I would be more than happy that anybody can pass security in less than 5 minutes (as I do most of the times at T2F) or 10 minutes (T2E).
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Interesting point.
As a frequent flyer, I do enjoy a lot fast track (same thing for boarding at the time I like).

But I would be more than happy that anybody can pass security in less than 5 minutes (as I do most of the times at T2F) or 10 minutes (T2E).
I would prefer there were more than two immigration officers when a 380 lands at CDG. Until then, I don't think this system is legal in France or at least I think it could be challenged.

We would need a Ryanair with only leisure pax to challenge this. When will FR fly out of Schengen from CDG? :-)
Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Cupart
Priority at immigration (passport control) and security
Passport control and immigration are a state service, "standing in line" is not. As far as I know the passport controls are the same for all passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.