FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Paris-Ile Maurice in Affaires: 24 euros (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1313638-paris-ile-maurice-affaires-24-euros.html)

blairvanhorn Feb 13, 2012 8:13 am

Paris-Ile Maurice in Affaires: 24 euros

I guess the belt-tightening isn't for everyone, as usual. Pierre-Henri Gourgeon, the former DG of Air France, is traveling to Ile Maurice this week with his wife and two family members. The cost of each confirmed Affaires ticket is 24 euros.

Apparently the current PDG, Alexandre de Juniac, approved this travel as normally there is an"embargo" on these type of preferential fares during this season.

An AF spokesperson says these preferential fares are customary for all former directors .... even so, in this time of austérité, this seems more like "Do as I say, not as I do."

From Le Monde:

Tollé contre un voyage quasi gratuit de l'ex PDG d'Air France

bodory Feb 13, 2012 8:43 am

What a lack of tact. It reminds me the telex from Gourgeon's office to NRT station to upgrade P.L. Arslanian (former chief of BEA) from J to P.

Btw, the article does not say if the 24 EUR fare includes the tax and surcharges...

San Gottardo Feb 13, 2012 9:02 am

According to this article the two people flying with them aren't necessarily family members, just people "close to them", which could mean friends. Also, the "proches" have apparently been given access to a R1 High fare, the very one that AF wants to stop its employees from using.

How utterly tactless and outright stupid. Whilst I am very critical of many of the attitudes prevalent in AF's work force, their comparable laziness and their tyring strikes it is things like this that make me understand why there often is a feeling of frustration, of not being taken seriously, of the "ones at the top" raking it in regardlessly of circumstances. This explains why people get angry, feel excluded, and also explains a certain propensity to go on strike. I sympathize with that frustration (and I get angry about something like this!)

Whilst I think a lot of the debate going on in France about limiting executive pay and about the difference between the lowest and the hightest salary is a lot of Bravo Sierra and rooted primarily in jealousy, I also do believe that there is something like entrepreneurial responsibility which includes leading by example and sharing the pain. That goes even for former executives and directors. PHG was not only a terrible leader of the company in terms of its economic performance but apparently also lacks the necessary tact, social skills and human component of what really makes a leader.

Absolutely despicable :td::td::td:

Leadership Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am

Am I the only one dreaming about 24EUR taxes and surcharges for a RT CDG - MRU in J :mad::td:?

Zembla Feb 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Although I am not necessarily against such privileges in good times. In times where things are not going very well and layoffs in the planning this seems "a little" inappropriate!

Mokshu Feb 13, 2012 12:34 pm

PHG backed off and said that he won't use his discounted fares until the new social agreement between the direction and AF union is passed (not until 15months at least)

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...2732_3224.html

Zembla Feb 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mokshu (Post 18007595)
PHG backed off and said that he won't use his discounted fares until the new social agreement between the direction and AF union is passed (not until 15months at least)

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...2732_3224.html

Right, that seems reasonably appropriate :D

blairvanhorn Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm

He'll have to rethink his holiday budget - he won't get very far in the real world for 24 euros. ;)

Mokshu Feb 13, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't understand such people to be honest. Why bothering using such procedures with low fares when you earn A LOT of money. I mean, I can understand someone earning average income fighting for his discounted fare but c'mon when you're top level management, why do you bother ?

Internaut Feb 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Same old same old. It's not an AF specific problem.

nicolas75 Feb 13, 2012 4:27 pm

The former CEO of Air France to fly to Mauritius for 24 euros

The former CEO of the company, Pierre Henri Gourgeon, his wife and two relatives will have a trip to Mauritius, in Business, for 24 euros.

The spokesman for Air France told AFP that "Alexander Juniac upheld a request last December to allow a R1 ticket. " This price is prohibited for all staff. And what shocks most employees is that Mr. Gourgeon left the company with a massive package that would have enabled him to buy tickets, even at a reduced rate, well beyond this very special price.

Source: Déplacements pros (in French)

ajs123 Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm

You mean he, his wife and 2 relatives did not fly for FREE??? :confused: I guess AF is scrambling for every cent that can improve their balance sheet :rolleyes:

Mynameismud Feb 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mokshu (Post 18008851)
I don't understand such people to be honest. Why bothering using such procedures with low fares when you earn A LOT of money. I mean, I can understand someone earning average income fighting for his discounted fare but c'mon when you're top level management, why do you bother ?

+1

However since they have procedures to get such tickets why not using them ?

I also don't understand why ex AF CEO still have the right to fly for free

And last but not least...Mr De Juniac: why did you authorize this :td:

bodory Feb 14, 2012 2:57 am

I am skeptical at reading the flight to MRU was not full in Affaires on the first day of winter holidays...

blairvanhorn Feb 15, 2012 6:22 am

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2012...dirigeants.php

Written by Fabrice Amedeo, so perhaps to be taken with a grain of salt ...

«C'est effrayant de travailler dans ce contexte, regrette un cadre de la compagnie. Notre entreprise est gangrenée par la recherche et le maintien des avantages personnels. Comment voulez-vous obtenir l'adhésion des salariés et faire passer un plan d'économies?». Face à l'émoi que l'information a suscité en interne, l'ancien patron a finalement renoncé à ces billets à tarif imbattable et a opté pour des billets GP classiques auxquels ont droit les salariés de la compagnie ainsi que ses retraités.

L'ex-patron devra donc payer 745 euros pour se rendre à l'île Maurice en classe business soit environ 1500 euros aller-retour pour un billet qui vaut entre 3000 et 6000 euros à plein tarif. «Lorsqu'ils voyagent en GP, les anciens cadres prennent souvent des billets en classe éco, soit 400 euros l'aller-retour pour l'île Maurice, calcule un salarié de l'entreprise. Une fois dans l'avion, ils se font surclasser s'il y a des places disponibles à l'avant de l'appareil.»