Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

[sign-up closed] 1st Flyertalk CDG DO 2012 - powered by Air France & ADP (Apr26/27)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[sign-up closed] 1st Flyertalk CDG DO 2012 - powered by Air France & ADP (Apr26/27)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ajs123
Currently you can purchase 2000 miles for 53 euros. So can I generously donate 2000 miles instead of paying 25 euro?

More importantly, what will happen with the private information submitting with the registration. Will it be shared with AF, will they learn my FT nick, etc?

Thanks a lot for organizing this! ^
yes. we'll have access to secured area and AF/ADP will get all private information to make the name badge and the secured area badge. for my part - I will delete all information from my computer after the DO. you'll be asked to provide scan of passport in february/march.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by chrissxb
...we'll have access to secured area and AF/ADP will get all private information to make the name badge and the secured area badge...
So, why the need for FB number? Or is the level of 'secure' access dependent on FB status level? Or, will we earn - say - 5,000 level miles for attending?

-- H
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Henry III
Or is the level of 'secure' access dependent on FB status level?
I have only ivory - so I'll watch from outside the fence no.

Originally Posted by Henry III
Or, will we earn - say - 5,000 level miles for attending?

-- H
I can't confirm anything right now - but yes: flying blue is a partner for this DO, too
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
well, they could indeed give some miles since AF or FB usually give out some miles for answering non valuable surveys...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
well, they could indeed give some miles since AF or FB usually give out some miles for answering non valuable surveys...
there will be give-aways, but I don't want / I can't say more right now. we'll have a few more planning meetings for that event ...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I am so eager to attend but unfortunately can't.
Hopefully there will be a future KLM DO too.

Either way thanks for setting this up and I wish everybody already a lot of fun!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Is it possible to register only if there are spots left ?
I mean I'd like to participate, but only if less than 40 people registered, is that possible ?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mokshu
Is it possible to register only if there are spots left ?
I mean I'd like to participate, but only if less than 40 people registered, is that possible ?
I expect alot more than 40 people wanting to come to that DO and we'll probably have a long waiting list. so I don't think we'll have spots left at the end. my advice: follow the thread and decide for yourself. But I really can't say ... it's difficult to make predictions here ...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I must admit that I am really impressed by the generosity of some FTer giving way more than the minimum! it's a pleasure to prepare a DO for great people like you all are ^
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Paypal

Sent the Paypal $ so I should be good to go. I"m looking forward to it.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Chrissxb, I sent you another PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
By the way, what "DO" stands for ?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mokshu
By the way, what "DO" stands for ?
a look in the flyertalk glossary shows that: http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/?letter_start=D
DO (or DOO): A widely used term for large get togethers/parties/meetups. In general the term is reserved for larger gatherings of 12 of more members.
a look in a dictionary shows that:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/do

DO (noun) Chiefly British. a festive social gathering; party.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

a few numbers: We're at 24 persons having paid. Their name is on the confirmed list.

Many many more sent me pm with personal details - but I confirm only when I get payment confirmation. (Read your reply - it's written!)

This DO is filling up very very fast ... I am afraid some people who sent me pm and didn't have the time to arrange the money transfer will see their name on the waiting list in the next few days

on a positive side: 24 people and more than 750€ - I am impressed ^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb
a look in the flyertalk glossary shows that: http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/?letter_start=D
Thanks for the heads up.
I googled it but unfortunately "do meeting" was not very helpful.
Should have tried the FT glossary. It's quite a shame that I've barely been outside of Flying Blue forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.