Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from Royal Air Maroc to Air France in Casablanca

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Transfer from Royal Air Maroc to Air France in Casablanca

Dear Flying-Blue friends,

I have an oncoming trip to Morocco this November. On my return, I will fly from Marraketh(RAK) to Casablanca(CMN) on Royal Air Moroc (AT) then connect to Air France from Casablanca(CMN) to CDG.

Have any of you done this kind of trip before? Can Royal Air Moroc check me in at RAK for my connecting AF flight to CDG? If not, is the transfer in CMN easy to handle (e.g. with a transfer counter) or I have to check in again with AF like a originating passenger from CMN?

The reason I am asking is that I only have 1 hour and 15 minutes (the ticket has been booked) at CMN for my connecting flight to CDG; I am a little bit worried about making the connecting flight on time.

Thanks for your information.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For luggage, no pb, they can check them all way to CDG.
To be checked-in on the AF flight by AT, I'm not 100% sure but I've seen countless times in CDG people boarding AF flights with BP printed by AT (with their colours and logo). So it seems that AT is able to print BP for AF flights, providing your flights are on the same PNR.

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 5, 2011 at 2:22 pm
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Thank you, Goldorak for the information!

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For luggage, no pb, they can check them all way to CDG.
to be checked-in on the AF flight by AT, I'm not 100% sure but I've sen countless times in CDG people boarding AF flights with BP printed by AT (with their colours and logo). So it seems that AT is able to print BP for AF flights, providing your flights are on the same PNR.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM
I am not sure if RAM will be able to check you in at RAK all the way to CDG. I have flown with them out of RAK and the counter staff did not seem to be well trained. When you land in CMN, there is a transfer desk where you will be able to get your boarding pass if you were not able to get it in RAK. Should be no problem to check the luggage all the way through when you check-in at RAK. CMN is a relatively small airport, you should have enough time as long as the flight out of RAK is on time. Feel free to PM me with any more specific questions about RAK, CMN, or RAM. Have a great trip!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
IIRC, AF check-in at CMN is handled by RAM - at least, it was a couple of years ago when I flew back from there. I'm not sure what the situation is at RAK, though, as AF don't have a presence there.

-- Henry
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by UA vs NW
The reason I am asking is that I only have 1 hour and 15 minutes (the ticket has been booked) at CMN for my connecting flight to CDG; I am a little bit worried about making the connecting flight on time.
No worries on the connection time. I fly in and out of CMN often and I can tell you it is a very easy airport. Just one hall, and not too far to walk from one end to the other. I've never flown AF out of there though as AT is way better AND cheaper. If I were you I would keep it AT the whole way if you don't mind going to ORY instead of CDG.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Rather than start a new thread, how about the opposite:

Two passengers on AF from CDG arrive in CMN at 3pm, then catch
AT 425 for Agadir leaving at 4:30pm

They have separate tickets (AF and AT) because I join them in CMN after flying in from somewhere else and arrive in CMN earlier in the day. I am flying as well on AT 425 and paid for it separately to the Af ticket.

Do the 2 passengers have enough time to get thru customs and immigration at CMN and board AT 425?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmac100
Do the 2 passengers have enough time to get thru customs and immigration at CMN and board AT 425?
Should be no problem, especially if you are in business class. If you are in business class, go to the red carpet, and skip ahead of all the other people in line.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:40 am

I hope someone will be able to assist me.

I have a transfer from AF (I'm in Business) in Casablanca to Marrakech on Air Maroc with a 1 hour time between the flights, and wanted to know if I have time between my flights?

I will be traveling only with carry-on because I don't want to go through the trouble of collecting my bags and re-enter.

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be fine. If there is a big line at immigration, just look for the business or classe premiere line and jump to the front. You have to be pushy in these types of places.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
You should be fine. If there is a big line at immigration, just look for the business or classe premiere line and jump to the front. You have to be pushy in these types of places.
Thank you. I really hate being pushy at the airport, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:31 am

looks like I will have to check a bag afterall.

Will I have time to collect and re-enter to catch my Air Maroc flight?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreqFlierGirl
looks like I will have to check a bag afterall.

Will I have time to collect and re-enter to catch my Air Maroc flight?
Are you sure you have to check? I always bring on a large shoulder bag plus laptop. If you are sure you cannot check it all the way through to RAK, then you may indeed miss the connection. Sorry I never check bags on this route so I really have no idea.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Are you sure you have to check? I always bring on a large shoulder bag plus laptop. If you are sure you cannot check it all the way through to RAK, then you may indeed miss the connection. Sorry I never check bags on this route so I really have no idea.

I'll inquire about checking it all the way to RAK. But the RAK leg is on Air Maroc, so I'm not sure if and how Air France will handle this.

I'm going to do everything in my power to not have to check baggage. Currently I have a TravelPro roller carry on and a longchamp duffle, in addition to my purse.

But, if I check, I'll have a 24" and the longchampe duffle.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:49 pm

Update: air france was able to check my baggage all the way to my desination!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.