air france premium voyageur?

Reply

Old Aug 16, 11, 9:37 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
air france premium voyageur?

Any opinions? I'm flying to Paris on a boeing 777-200 in September, and wondering how it will be.
graveswood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 11, 9:42 pm
  #2  
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Posts: 12,047
graveswood, welcome to FlyerTalk! Your question is specific to Air France and I'll move it to the forum for that airline. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Ocn Vw 1K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 11, 10:44 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GLA
Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Posts: 1,825
More space, nicer seat and quieter cabin. But it's definitely closer to Economy than to Business. Nevertheless, Nowadays I always fly Premium Voyageur if I cannot fly Business. I think it's definitely worth the price ( in particular when you factor in the extra miles). Actually, while I would say for many airlines that Premium Economy is not worth the extra money (compared with Economy), AF's Premium Voyageur is so reasonably priced that for me it always makes sense (unless I am flying Business, of course).
cityflyer369 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 11, 6:09 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 44
You will be fine - just don't expect Business Class comfort and service.

However, I find Premium Voyageur to be one of the nicest Premium Economy cabins around. It is modelled on the Affaires cabin with "shell seats", noise cancelling headphones, more room than normal Voyageur etc.

Food and drink is exactly the same as in the back.

Last edited by seat_1a; Aug 17, 11 at 6:29 am
seat_1a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 11, 6:25 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Thanks for the welcome and the info. Since I don't fly enough to have the points, and don't want to pay the additional $!,500 business each way (on any airline), this appears to be my best upgrade option, allowing more space, less folk in the cabin and maybe a little less noise. If there's another option out there between Houston and Paris, that I'm missing, Id' appreciate the info.
graveswood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 11, 11:47 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,328
I would not think of a better option. I also fly PV now rather than Y, it is an acceptable price difference. You will enjoy the quiet and space, as well as the amenity kit, larger pillow and better blanket. And priority check-in and boarding. Have a good trip!
af fp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 11, 1:16 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Posts: 2,033
Is there a curtain between Y and PV? Which lavatories do PV pax use?
LY777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 11, 3:11 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|
Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Posts: 691
Originally Posted by LY777 View Post
Is there a curtain between Y and PV? Which lavatories do PV pax use?
Yes there is a curtain, you're supposed to use the eco toilets which can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).
Andy49 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 11, 5:20 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LCY-ORY
Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Posts: 1,228
Originally Posted by Andy49 View Post
can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).

.....and that's just the flight attendants!
docklander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 11, 5:22 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ORY
Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Posts: 1,990
Originally Posted by Andy49 View Post
Yes there is a curtain, you're supposed to use the eco toilets which can be an obstacal course to get to on over night flights (lights dimmed and legs out).
...or a real pleasure if you're a bit of a sadist and likes to wake up people by knocking their legs off ! :-)
Mokshu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 11, 8:56 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by graveswood View Post
Any opinions? I'm flying to Paris on a boeing 777-200 in September, and wondering how it will be.
Just curious... did you end up going with PV? i'm wondering about whether the $200 price difference btwn economy and PV is worth it.

Is it worth paying $28/hr for the additional comfort of a 7hr flight (for me it'd be JFK/CDG)
barely_flying is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 11, 9:31 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,116
Originally Posted by barely_flying View Post
Just curious... did you end up going with PV? i'm wondering about whether the $200 price difference btwn economy and PV is worth it.

Is it worth paying $28/hr for the additional comfort of a 7hr flight (for me it'd be JFK/CDG)
Although I actually bought Alize tickets before, I would pay the difference. Compared to Alize it's the same, only no C-class food...which was then still happening for Alize.

Bought 2 PV tickets for an CDG-SFO flight in december. I don't sleep that much, but do watch a lot of entertainment (on a bigger screen) and like the more private feel of the cabin and silence. (compared to Y)
kevinflyaway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 11, 3:42 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
Posts: 385
We'll be flying PV CDG/SFO on Sept 24th - we booked in February so it only cost us a minimal difference - about €500 extra for two seats. Now, our route is double what we paid For us, I think it's worth it as The Hubs is not a happy flyer and it's the longest flight he's ever been on. The cabin is much more private & spacious than standard AF squished economy and the more comfortable seat sealed the deal. For once he's not freaking out about the flight but is actually looking forward to it.

Full trip report when we return...
Babaduck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:00 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 443
Originally Posted by Babaduck View Post
We'll be flying PV CDG/SFO on Sept 24th - we booked in February so it only cost us a minimal difference - about €500 extra for two seats. Now, our route is double what we paid For us, I think it's worth it as The Hubs is not a happy flyer and it's the longest flight he's ever been on. The cabin is much more private & spacious than standard AF squished economy and the more comfortable seat sealed the deal. For once he's not freaking out about the flight but is actually looking forward to it.

Full trip report when we return...
I think that PV is a good product, quite an ideal one for the long day flight CDG/SFO (small cabin, wider seat, legroom, good IFE).

It is definitely worth the extra spending.

It is sad it is so poorly marketed.
jmbfrance is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 11, 1:34 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,133
Originally Posted by jmbfrance View Post
It is sad it is so poorly marketed.
Why ? They did quite a lot of advertising.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread