Search

TGV ZYR-CDG Would you do this?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
TGV ZYR-CDG Would you do this?

Hi All:

I have a late meeting in Brussels and really need to get back to the US in the same day.

For the below itinerary, how early do i really need to arrive at ZYR? Is there any online check-in options that allow me to avoid check-in lines? I have no bags to check.

Also, is an hour and 24 minutes enough to get from the TGV station at CDG to a US bound flight to JFK. Assuming i am checked in with no bags to check. I am planning to be in Preimum Voyageur and will have SkyTeam Elite Plus status

Air France Flight AF7186 on a train in coach class
Departs Brussels, Belgium (ZYR) 4:09p
Arrives Paris, France (CDG) 5:46p

Layover in Paris

Air France Flight AF8 on a Boeing 777 (jet) in coach class
(meal, snack)
Departs Paris, France (CDG) 7:10p
Arrives New York, NY (JFK) 9:20p
Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
For the below itinerary, how early do i really need to arrive at ZYR? Is there any online check-in options that allow me to avoid check-in lines? I have no bags to check.
Check-in deadline at Brussels Midi station is 15 min before departure (the Air France desk being located at the southern entrance of the station). Your flight boarding pass will be ready to collect aswell as your train ticket (you won't be able to get them online). You'll have plenty of time at CDG - with 1h24 there is really no need to run, that's a 5-10 minute walk to terminal 2E.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, it's no problem.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Be sure to use Access #1 at the security checkpoint with your ST Elite+ status. That will usually save a lot of time. Then you should be able to enjoy the lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Thank you all!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS

Air France Flight AF7186 on a train in coach class
Departs Brussels, Belgium (ZYR) 4:09p
Arrives Paris, France (CDG) 5:46p
And, just for kicks, your 'coach class' will be converted to "First Class" for the train ride - in fact, a whole carriage dedicated to AF pax, with free drinks and snacks served. Quite a nice ride, IMO. ^

-- Henry
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Nico40
Check-in deadline at Brussels Midi station is 15 min before departure (the Air France desk being located at the southern entrance of the station). Your flight boarding pass will be ready to collect aswell as your train ticket (you won't be able to get them online). You'll have plenty of time at CDG - with 1h24 there is really no need to run, that's a 5-10 minute walk to terminal 2E.
Just for your info, and despite what it may say on your e-ticket/receipt, you do not go to the Thalys booth at Midi Station (as I did on a recent trip) but, as stated by Nico40, go to the Air France check in desk (which is right next to the AFKL ticket/sales office).

-- H
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Also, you have access to a lounge at ZYR if you're J, P or ST E+.
http://www.airfrance.com/US/en/commo...e_cdgbru.htm#3

I did the CDG-ZYR once, it was good, but that was on a weekend so I didn't have access to the lounge
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Thalys lounge at Brussels isn't anything to write home about. On the other hand, it's at least better than sitting out in the nasty train station.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Did you earn milles and flight segment to the FB account, doing this train trip from ZYR-CDG??
Old May 7, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.