Search

Possible Misconnect in CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Possible Misconnect in CDG

Greetings-

Traveling in four (4) weeks from JFK/CDG/ATH on AF 007 in J (paid) with my partner. Have been tracking 007 on time departure out of JFK and it has been quite abysmal (flightstats records its on time rate at 33.58%), thus, our odds of a misconnect is more in our favor than not (007 is scheduled to arrive at 0835 and ATH departs at 1020). The only possible saving hope is the AC currently on 007 is an 388 and ours is scheduled for a 777-3. Couple of questions, if indeed there's a misconnect, does AF meet the AC with information and new boarding card, or do we proceed to the lounge for new accommodations? Of course, if we have a chance, we'll haul a$$ to the gate.

Thanks for any insight.

-Jim

BTW, if it matters, neither of us have any status in Sky (sorry, only on *A) -- but converting.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by FragranceMarketingGuy
Greetings-

Traveling in four (4) weeks from JFK/CDG/ATH on AF 007 in J (paid) with my partner. Have been tracking 007 on time departure out of JFK and it has been quite abysmal (flightstats records its on time rate at 33.58%), thus, our odds of a misconnect is more in our favor than not (007 is scheduled to arrive at 0835 and ATH departs at 1020). The only possible saving hope is the AC currently on 007 is an 388 and ours is scheduled for a 777-3. Couple of questions, if indeed there's a misconnect, does AF meet the AC with information and new boarding card, or do we proceed to the lounge for new accommodations? Of course, if we have a chance, we'll haul a$$ to the gate.

Thanks for any insight.

-Jim

BTW, if it matters, neither of us have any status in Sky (sorry, only on *A) -- but converting.
If you misconnect you'll get a new boarding card and optional compensation at the transfer desk. You can use the priority lanes there because you have a J ticket.

However, I think it's more likely you'll be fine. Of those 33.58% most delays will be well under an hour. Which means still plenty of time to make it. With your J ticket you can use the fast Access No1 lanes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.