Twinjet?

Old May 18, 11, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Twinjet?

Q: How to you know that you have been on FT for too long?
A: When your questions become so obscure that nobody answers them...

Last edited by NickB; May 20, 11 at 11:13 am Reason: Meant to post that as an additional post rather than an edit but pressed the wrong buttons, making this post rather cryptic
Old Jan 31, 19, 8:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I am looking at T7 NCE-MXP and can’t find any info on them other than their quaint website.

55 mins direct and 18 seats. Seems like a good option
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:09 am

Programs: FB Plat
NCE-MXP ? Why not do it by train? Thello can be dirt cheap.
Oh wait, this is Flyertalk
Old Feb 1, 19, 5:00 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Would prefer not to do 5.5 hours on a train.

I did find a TripAdvisor thread with photos. I want to try T7! Pilot greets you on the tarmac and itís a bird I havenít flown before

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Airli...views-Twin-Jet
Old Feb 1, 19, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Flew them a long time ago between MRS and MLH (round about the time of my original post). It was nothing special in any way, neither good nor bad. I know what m0hamed means re preferring flying over the train on MXP-NCE, though. If you are near MXP, the time to make your way into Milan, add the buffer time incase of problem, the thello travel time if you are lucky for it to be around when you need to go (only 3 Thellos a day), I could see the attraction of flying, if it weren't for twinjet's often extortionate prices.
Old Feb 1, 19, 3:19 pm

Yes the pricing is steep.

But it’s a new experience and the easiest option. On the Beechcraft 1900D does the fare type impact where you're seated? There's no advantage to booking anything than the base fare for us, but I would rather sit up the front than the back.

It appears seating is done at check in, anyway.

Last edited by m0hamed; Feb 1, 19 at 6:11 pm
Old Feb 2, 19, 4:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat; Le Club AccorHotels Silver, A3 Gold
Their is also some buses between NCE and Milan
Quicker than the train, cheaper and more comfy, but of course flying it's better
Old Feb 2, 19, 5:24 am

We considered driving but Hertz and Europcar donít allow pickup from NCE and drop off at MXP for luxury vehicles.

Iíve booked T7. Does check in really only open at T-60?
Old Feb 2, 19, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
Their is also some buses between NCE and Milan
Quicker than the train, cheaper and more comfy
I would agree on the cheaper, on the whole (although depending on when you travel, Thello from Milan to nice can be as cheap as €15.00, which is about what you would pay for the cheaper flixbus fares between Milan and Nice). I would, however, disagree on the "faster" and "more comfy". On "faster", thereoretically, the quicker bus services take about the same as the train (4 3/4 hrs to 5 hrs). However, they are far more prone to delays than trains for a variety of reasons, including random police/immigration checks in France. Departure location in Milan is also an issue. Most buses leave from Lampugnano bus station, which is hardly a central location, compared to Milano Centrale for Thello trains. As to comfy, you get substantially more space in trains than in buses and you can stretch your legs far more easily than in a bus. While I have not done MIlan-Nice as such on a bus, I have done Genoa-Nice (and beyond) a few times. it is OK, it is cheap and I have absolutely no qualms doing it again but, all other things being equal, I much prefer the train to the coach in terms of comfort and reliability.
Old Feb 2, 19, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So this airline has a fleet of 12 Beechcraft 1900D turboprops, yet is called Twin Jet?

I guess that explains the question mark in the thread title.

Johan
Fabo.sk and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 2, 19, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
So this airline has a fleet of 12 Beechcraft 1900D turboprops, yet is called Twin Jet?

I guess that explains the question mark in the thread title.

Johan
I can't remember what it was that prompted me to start the thread in the first place (probably a question related to the crediting of flights to FB) but I can 100% guarantee you that it most definitely was not that.
Old Feb 2, 19, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Iíve booked T7. Does check in really only open at T-60?
I could not guarantee you but that sounds rather plausible to me. this is a small aircraft and their clientele is primarily people traveling point-to-point on business and therefore rather light. There is no particular need for them to open check-in very early.
Old Feb 2, 19, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB View Post
this is a small aircraft and their clientele is primarily people traveling point-to-point on business and therefore rather light.
Given that the aircraft is a B1900D, it would be very unwise for the airline to jump to conclusions about the passengers' weight. That has been known to have fatal consequences. I suspect that they average passenger weight has increased quite a bit since 2003 as well.

Johan
Old Feb 2, 19, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
Given that the aircraft is a B1900D, it would be very unwise for the airline to jump to conclusions about the passengers' weight. That has been known to have fatal consequences. I suspect that they average passenger weight has increased quite a bit since 2003 as well.
The "light" in my post referred to "traveling" ( as in "traveling light" and therefore not having to take 10 minutes to check-in each pax due having to process a gazillion items of baggage ) rather than "people",as it would otherwise be difficult to make sense of the post as I do not quite see how the weight of people could have a significant bearing on the opening times for check-in.

I assume that T7 currently does not require passengers to proceed via weighing scales before boarding nor ask them for their weight when booking or checking in and instead, like other European airlines, estimate passenger weights using the standard EASA estimates.
Old Jun 12, 19, 8:34 pm

I found some TR on Youtube, looks fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8d0r3b_WU

Search this Thread
Search Engine: