Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG to ORY connection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by roberta_h
ha, thanks -- cheaper on the french version of the site (i checked the us, austrian, and german versions, couldn't find a cheaper return for that outbound)

i think the mini fare should be fine for me (skyteam elite+ will get me a free checked bag, right?)

thanks again!
Even better: BRE/PGF//CDG/BRE comes up at € 175 with outbound on 3rd at 10:50.

CDG/HAM or CDG/DUS even a bit cheaper.

Chose multidestination on AF website.

FB Elite + gives one luggage with mini. SKYTEAM Elite+ should too.

Last edited by carnarvon; Apr 23, 2016 at 8:38 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: DL PM
awesome, you've saved me €100+

thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Bumping this one^

Travelling from Hilton @ CDG early morning to ORLY on a Friday.

Flight from Orly is about 10:30, assuming arrival at Orly 2 hours before departure would be sufficient?
So aiming to arrive at Orly before 08:30 on a Friday morning.

Which option would be best;

1. “Busdirect” between airports, with the risk of traffic jams / rush hour traffic.
2. RER to Antony, followed by Orlyval to Airport terminal.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Bumping this one^

Travelling from Hilton @ CDG early morning to ORLY on a Friday.

Flight from Orly is about 10:30, assuming arrival at Orly 2 hours before departure would be sufficient?
So aiming to arrive at Orly before 08:30 on a Friday morning.

Which option would be best;

1. “Busdirect” between airports, with the risk of traffic jams / rush hour traffic.
2. RER to Antony, followed by Orlyval to Airport terminal.

Well, if it is Friday this week or next traffic will be a little less horrid than normal (School Holidays), but only a little... Serious risk at that time of day on a Friday.

However, it is also peak hour on the RER which will be upleasant at that time of day especially if you have luggage. At least, CDG is the first/start station, so you are pretty sure to get a seat (if no luggage constraints - do NOT leave luggage unattended).

Ideally, can't you go to Orly the night before? Much safer/more comfortable solution. Otherwise, in your place I'd opt for the RER.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by jsfr
Well, if it is Friday this week or next traffic will be a little less horrid than normal (School Holidays), but only a little... Serious risk at that time of day on a Friday.

However, it is also peak hour on the RER which will be upleasant at that time of day especially if you have luggage. At least, CDG is the first/start station, so you are pretty sure to get a seat (if no luggage constraints - do NOT leave luggage unattended).

Ideally, can't you go to Orly the night before? Much safer/more comfortable solution. Otherwise, in your place I'd opt for the RER.
Thanks for your advice

unfortunately we are caught between a rock and a hard place.
We arrive into CDG at 22:10 on the Thursday night (21st March). Which we think will be too late to do the bus option that night and also potentially too late to get to Anthony RER before the Orlyval finishes.
also a late night journey on the RER with luggage is not that appealing.

we can stay at the CDG airport Hilton for free on points, whereas a hotel at Orly is approximately €100. Add to that the potential added cost of a taxi from Anthony RER to an airport hotel and the costs and cost/ trauma/ complexity of the journey increases.

conversely staying on the Thursday night at the CDG Hilton, followed by an early morning but slicker journey to Orly seems more appealing.

I was thinking that leaving CDG at about 06:00 / 06:30 would be sufficient to get to Orly comfortably for a 10:30 flight.
looking at the RER schedule it appears that trains leave CDG every 5/10 minutes. Not sure about the frequency of the bus or the likelihood of traffic issues.

it’s basically an early morning slicker journey, albeit through rush hour on the train versus a late night more complex journey and an additional €130 plus cost

Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: FB Plat
Regarding the traffic issues, I do not know specifically for the CDG-ORY line, but I know by experience on the Roissybus that "maximum times" announced are pretty reliable: as these lines only go from point A to point B without any intermediate stop, drivers can adapt their itinerary to the traffic so that you will arrive more or less on time at ORY. Of course there is still a risk of complete mess on all itineraries, as there is also a risk of a complete blackout of the RER B that day...

Leaving CDG at 06:00/06:30 should be fairly enough to stay comfortable even if something goes a little wrong (make sure you do not miss a bus as frequency is lower than the RER). If you choose to go by RER (which is a decent choice as well), do not hesitate to wait for a non-stop service to Paris for a more comfortable journey (even if you have to wait 10-15 minutes at CDG station, the non-stop train would arrive only a few minutes later at Gare du Nord).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Porcepic
If you choose to go by RER (which is a decent choice as well), do not hesitate to wait for a non-stop service to Paris for a more comfortable journey (even if you have to wait 10-15 minutes at CDG station, the non-stop train would arrive only a few minutes later at Gare du Nord).
Good point, the nonstop train CDG-Gare du Nord is worth waiting an extra few minutes for. Unfortunately it doesn't start running until 8:53 AM on weekdays- all trains before that make the intermediate stops. Also, not all the RER B trains at CDG (including some of the ones that run nonstop to Gare du Nore) travel to Antony.

https://www.ratp.fr/sites/default/fi...1547458942.pdf
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Definitely take the RER. Traffic on the roads is horrible at that time, even if we are in a school holiday period.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

I spoke to somebody the other day who mentioned something about engineering works on the RER resulting in rail replacement buses.
Can’t seem to find anything about it, wondering whether he got the wrong end of the stick.

Has anyone heard about anything on the RER B line, that might cause such a rail replacement bus to be necessary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.