FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   AF I-phone app now available !!!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1127270-af-i-phone-app-now-available.html)

Goldorak Sep 17, 10 12:38 am

AF I-phone app now available !!!!!
 
Dear friends
For the happy I-phone owners, I just saw on I-tunes that the long-awaited AF app for I-phone is now available !! You can download it for free. Not a too bad app, well presented and easy to use and navigate. It offers the usual possibilities for this kind of airline app :
- check FB account
- timetable of flights
- flight status
- check reservation files
- check-in
- contact-us info

I tried everything except check-in and the app seems to work well.
Nice move AF :)

bodory Sep 17, 10 3:43 am

Thanks for sharing !

bodory Sep 17, 10 3:46 am

Actually the AF iPhone app. is based on the new mobile.airfrance.com site.

mobile.airfrance.fr no longer works.

San Gottardo Sep 17, 10 5:16 am

This app is by Air France, right? Not developed maybe, but surely tested and approved?

It clearly must be, because like most things when first launched by Air France it doesn't work properly. :td::td:

When I launch the application I get a screen telling me that the page cannot be displayed for whatever reasons, that I should try the refresh button (there isn't any), only the three buttons on the bottom do appear (Paramètres, Info, s'identifier). I can use Parameters to put in my FB number and PIN, but thenI cannot change the language, instead I get an error message saying that there is no network (which is wrong, as both safari and my emails work, so there is a network connection).

Great, so they have finally launched an iPhone app a loooong time after other airlines have done it, and then it doesn't even work on all iPhones.

I have downloaded and used (with different degrees of frequency) 174 other iPhone apps. I NEVER had this problem. Here comes Air France, and of course there is a bug - this is not to say that all iPhone apps are bug-free, but only to say that my phone has no recurring problem of crashing apps. And that I do have higher expectations from one of the world's leading airlines than I would from some hobby freelance developer. They had enough time to get it right, they are late anyway, so a little more time for making it more bug-free would have been OK.

AF has improved a number of things recently, but it still feels like a somewhat chaotic bug-ridden sloppy organization. Why, just why, can't they get something right from the beginning? Do things with less negligence, try to design something without bugs? This "faire les choses à moitié" really is annoying.

Mokshu Sep 17, 10 6:24 am

The iPhone app is indeed a launcher for the mobile site and not a "real" app. Booking feature will be available in November and a real mobile app for iOS and Android will be released in 2011 if I remember correctly.

maeharasmuse Sep 17, 10 7:37 am

I-apps are stupid
 
I-apps are stupid.

What's wrong with the www?

Why does every other company and American media outlet need to develop their own 'closed' applications, if the open technology (namely the traditional internet) is already available...

Especially if - as is the case with AFKL / Flying Blue - these very same companies seem to be unable to offer reliable basic online services, let alone a state-of-the-art inflight entertainment product. :td::td:

And apparently the bloody thing ain't even working properly... though I'm pretty sure the simple announcement of it's introduction was sufficient for some of the AFKL managers to collect yet another christmas bonus (and at the expense of the traditional FFP benefits).

I'ld say: let them focus on their traditional websites first!! :mad:

And on the IFE in the older planes!! :mad:

Goldorak Sep 17, 10 3:19 pm


Originally Posted by creber (Post 14677922)
This app is by Air France, right? Not developed maybe, but surely tested and approved?

It clearly must be, because like most things when first launched by Air France it doesn't work properly. :td::td:

When I launch the application I get a screen telling me that the page cannot be displayed for whatever reasons, that I should try the refresh button (there isn't any), only the three buttons on the bottom do appear (Paramètres, Info, s'identifier). I can use Parameters to put in my FB number and PIN, but thenI cannot change the language, instead I get an error message saying that there is no network (which is wrong, as both safari and my emails work, so there is a network connection).

Great, so they have finally launched an iPhone app a loooong time after other airlines have done it, and then it doesn't even work on all iPhones.

I have downloaded and used (with different degrees of frequency) 174 other iPhone apps. I NEVER had this problem. Here comes Air France, and of course there is a bug - this is not to say that all iPhone apps are bug-free, but only to say that my phone has no recurring problem of crashing apps. And that I do have higher expectations from one of the world's leading airlines than I would from some hobby freelance developer. They had enough time to get it right, they are late anyway, so a little more time for making it more bug-free would have been OK.

AF has improved a number of things recently, but it still feels like a somewhat chaotic bug-ridden sloppy organization. Why, just why, can't they get something right from the beginning? Do things with less negligence, try to design something without bugs? This "faire les choses à moitié" really is annoying.

Which version of the I-phone do you have ? I have the I-phone 3G (16Go) and it works well without bugs (I tried everything but check-in function)

Goldorak Sep 18, 10 1:44 am

FYI, I tried the check-in this morning on the new app and it worked well (no bugs)

FTP Sep 19, 10 2:44 pm


Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 14685387)
Which version of the I-phone do you have ? I have the I-phone 3G (16Go) and it works well without bugs (I tried everything but check-in function)

iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

First launch, seems correct.
Language selection, I validate and... crash! Exit, back on the springboard! :eek:

Then Launch again the app and since, the homepage is not properly displayed... (blocked on landscape mode)
http://www.fly-the-planet.com/tmp/IMG_0210.png


[Info] button, same, page not properly displayed... (wrong size)
http://www.fly-the-planet.com/tmp/IMG_0211.png


This app seems not so stable yet, but it's good at least it exists. Hopefully all this will be fixed soon :)

Goldorak Sep 19, 10 3:16 pm

Hello FTP
I changed my i-phone 3G for the i-phone 4 this week end. The app is still working well. I tried the check-in and everything went fine. This morning, checking a flight status, I had the same bug as you (homepage bizzarely displayed) but after leaving the app and re-launching it, it was OK

jms_uk Sep 19, 10 3:25 pm

I had a go on my 3Gs and it all works fine [didn't try check-in]. Big improvement on the previous mobile site.

FTP Sep 19, 10 4:26 pm


Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 14710744)
This morning, checking a flight status, I had the same bug as you (homepage bizzarely displayed) but after leaving the app and re-launching it, it was OK

I found out when this issue occurs.
If u sign out and kill the app then it works fine. But as soon as I sign in, the display goes to landscape mode and no way to come back to normal :(

Actually, AF/KLM has released much more than the AF iPhone app.
They have released at the same time the AF & KLM new mobile websites + AF & KLM new iPhone apps :)

All this with no official news release :rolleyes:

Goldorak Sep 19, 10 6:18 pm


Originally Posted by FTP (Post 14711576)
All this with no official news release :rolleyes:

We are taking care of the official news release on Flyertalk :D

San Gottardo Sep 19, 10 11:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)


Originally Posted by Goldorak

Which version of the I-phone do you have ? I have the I-phone 3G (16Go) and it works well without bugs (I tried everything but check-in function)

iPhone 3GS 32GB

stimpy Sep 21, 10 4:22 am

I just tried it on an iphone4 and it seems ok. Not sure if I'll be flying AF again this year to try out the features other than FB. I've already re-qual'ed for Platinum and now it's time to re-qual for BA Gold again. Oh, the drudgery of it all.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:23 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.