AF I-phone app now available !!!!!

Old Feb 6, 14, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by freretuc View Post
Going on with that quite old topic to tell you that there is a new mobile app on iphone.
Downloaded a few minutes ago.
The interface is completly new, more structured to my point of view.

A (very) quick first impressions
Improvements to check in
The way you can browse your bookings is realy nice (BP-like)
if you book on mobile, you can confirm your booking 24h later with no fee
I downloaded it yesterday. The look is much better. Let's see after having used it. I heard that the passbook BP was now updating itself in case of change (seat, class, time, etc).
Old Feb 6, 14, 2:49 am

Programs: Many
I installed it and it seems I lost the record of all my previous trip. What about you?
Old Feb 6, 14, 10:37 am

I hope for a new Windows Phone App.
Old Feb 6, 14, 11:13 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I heard that the passbook BP was now updating itself in case of change (seat, class, time, etc).
Apparently they did not implement that feature in the public release. Maybe they'll do it later.
Old Feb 6, 14, 11:19 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B601 Safari/9537.53)

I couldn't find a way to check-in from my list of reservations (like I could on the old app). I had to manually type in PNR AND flight number?!

Serious fail if this functionality hasn't been carried over. Oh and I dont like the UI either, preferred the old one.
Old Feb 6, 14, 11:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, EK Silver, SK Diamond, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Spire, Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by Kgmm77 View Post
I couldn't find a way to check-in from my list of reservations (like I could on the old app). I had to manually type in PNR AND flight number?!

Serious fail if this functionality hasn't been carried over. Oh and I dont like the UI either, preferred the old one.
I did not have any issue checking in from my reservations list.
Old Feb 6, 14, 1:23 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B601 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by olivedel

I did not have any issue checking in from my reservations list.
I think I've found it. If you tap on the "reverse" icon, the booking view switches to the options on the old version of the app (check-in/seats and baggage/cancel check in/modify/flight status).
Old Feb 7, 14, 2:50 am

I think I've found it. If you tap on the "reverse" icon, the booking view switches to the options on the old version of the app (check-in/seats and baggage/cancel check in/modify/flight status).
You are right but most of the times, a check-in button appears on the bottom right of the segment section, without having to flip the card
Old Feb 7, 14, 6:13 am

You are right but most of the times, a check-in button appears on the bottom right of the segment section, without having to flip the card
Definitely didn't see this yesterday, but I did check in within 2 mins of T-30.
Old Feb 8, 14, 6:52 pm

Tried again. T-29. No check-in button. Even better, no passbook boarding pass. Bravo AF. Progrčs indeed...
Old Feb 12, 14, 3:07 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Check-in worked without problem (first time this year!!), from the list of "future flights". Mobile boarding pass did arrive without delay. ^

But: no possibility to get Passbook boarding pass. And still the clumsiness of having to enter email address every time instead of just taking one that has been pre-registered in the profile.
Old Dec 21, 16, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
new function in AF app

There is apparently a new function in AF smartphone app related to missing bags. If you have a missing bag, you can follow-up with your file in the "contact us" part of the app.
I know that Af is also working on a bag tracer function in the app (similar to the DL app function).
Old Jun 12, 17, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL/AF Gold
seat selection with AF app vs KL app.

Perhaps nice to know for those who want to select seats in the Air France Iphone app:
I had reserved seat 3A for an AF ex-CDG B787 flight in the very near future. All other seats in rows 1,2 and 3 were full.

When I looked up the same reservation on the KLM Iphone app, 1A, 1K and 2 more seats in row 3 became available. I saved seat 1A and then looked it up in the Air France app where 1A (previously not available) was now my seat!

Apparently the Air France app shows less availability in their own planes then the KLM app.
Old Jun 12, 17, 5:46 am

Such discrepancies are not unusual, and works in all directions... it's always worth checking the other one if you don't find what you like in the first app.
Old Jun 12, 17, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Great_circle View Post
Apparently the Air France app shows less availability in their own planes then the KLM app.
Hard to make such general statements without knowing which route this is. There could be plenty of good reasons for this (code-share agreement, etc).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: