AF I-phone app now available !!!!!

Old Sep 21, 10, 5:32 am
FTP

Programs: FBP/MMS/ECB - PCP/ACP/SPG
The 2 bugs mentioned above have been fixed!
So even if the app is still not always stable (still some freeze sometimes), they are adjusting the web pages and it's improving ^
Old Sep 21, 10, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FTP View Post
Actually, AF/KLM has released much more than the AF iPhone app.
They have released at the same time the AF & KLM new mobile websites + AF & KLM new iPhone apps

All this with no official news release
For the KL app:
It was announced twice in the Flying Dutchman (somewhere in June and September). Since the June version on which it was announced in a couple of weeks I searched every week but didn't find it. After a 3 month delay it was again announced in the FD. After which I found it. But yeah, AF/KL lacks of many news releases exept if they can make some money with a new "enhanced service"
Link to KL app thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...y-klm-app.html
Old Sep 21, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue silver, Star aliance, OnePass Elite
Believe the bugs are resolved.

i observed same weird display (Home page is in landscape) after i downloaded and played with it for a while yesterday. just tried it again this evening searching for flights for Xmas, don't see it happen any more. thumbs up^
Old Sep 26, 10, 2:11 am
Suspended

So what are the booking fees and extra taxes on this thing??

Old Apr 11, 11, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For iPhone 'nauts, there is a new app for LYS called FLY'ON at the App Store. Quite handy for people who use LYS.
Old Apr 13, 11, 6:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I just got a new iPhone and installed a backup of my previous phone's profile. All applications got copied, including the settings that I had used on the previous one: login details, preferences, etc. For all applications - except one, where I had to start from scratch. Guess which? No, not even SNCF or RATP. Your preferred airline.

Not that re-entering all the login details and preferences is a very big deal as long as it only is for one app. But it's symbolic and unfortunately not a surprise that it is the AF app which doesn't have the same user-friendliness characteristics as all the other 142 apps I have on my phone.
Old Jul 25, 11, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New update!

Now we can change bookings from an iPhone. This sounds super useful, especially during those difficult times when you can't reach anyone by phone. Or I suspect when you are outside of Europe. The KL app was updated similarly. ^
Old Jul 25, 11, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Now we can change bookings from an iPhone. This sounds super useful, especially during those difficult times when you can't reach anyone by phone. Or I suspect when you are outside of Europe. The KL app was updated similarly. ^
I just updated my app. Nice function to have on a smart phone. Thank you Stimpy for the info.
Old Jul 26, 11, 4:27 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
In both the iphone AF app as the iphone KLM app, if logged-in with ones FB number one doesn't see all his booking anymore as in the previous version off the apps.

I only see a screen asking for my bookings code and name.

New bug ?
Old Jul 26, 11, 6:47 am

I was also going to post this great news, others beat me to it.

I have ^^^ for Air France to update their app in this very meaningful way. Fantastic idea, they really thought about something their customers value and use.

However, I also put one single for again not having thought this through to the end. The re-booking does not work for tickets bought "outside this country" as they say in the app - which I suspect does not strictly mean "outside France" but when bought with certain travel agents or on certain AF country websites. I have one ticket bought on .fr site -> rebooking possible, I have one bought on .ch site -> rebooking possible, I have one bought with a travel agent in France -> rebooking NOT possible, I have one bought on .lb site -> rebooking not possible.

BTW, anyone knows whether a genuine iPad app is in the making?
Old Jul 26, 11, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creber View Post
However, I also put one single for again not having thought this through to the end.
I don't think it is that they didn't think it though. Rather it is because the ticketing systems are extremely complex and that it will take a good bit more programming to get all the tickets (that are changeable) to work with this new code. I'm glad they rolled this out now rather than waiting to make sure travel agent bookings work.
Old Jul 26, 11, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
However, I also put one single for again not having thought this through to the end.
I don't think it is that they didn't think it though. Rather it is because the ticketing systems are extremely complex and that it will take a good bit more programming to get all the tickets (that are changeable) to work with this new code. I'm glad they rolled this out now rather than waiting to make sure travel agent bookings work.
I am absolutely with you - better now than later! And I find it a great initiative, hence the ^^^

However, this has nothing to do with a supposed complexity of ticketing systems. This has to do with AFKL having chosen to "segregate" different distribution channels in its accounting system. This is purely internal to AF.

Thus, the way this new functionality is brought to the customer is designed around the company's structure of its controlling system, not around customer needs or ease of use. That's what I meant. "customer centricity" is the magical word. Too little of that at AF.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jul 28, 11 at 3:53 am
Old Jul 26, 11, 6:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I was also going to post this great news, others beat me to it.

I have ^^^ for Air France to update their app in this very meaningful way. Fantastic idea, they really thought about something their customers value and use.

However, I also put one single for again not having thought this through to the end. The re-booking does not work for tickets bought "outside this country" as they say in the app - which I suspect does not strictly mean "outside France" but when bought with certain travel agents or on certain AF country websites. I have one ticket bought on .fr site -> rebooking possible, I have one bought on .ch site -> rebooking possible, I have one bought with a travel agent in France -> rebooking NOT possible, I have one bought on .lb site -> rebooking not possible.

BTW, anyone knows whether a genuine iPad app is in the making?
Yeah, I am sorely missing the ipad app too! I checked the change my booking on my upcoming return tatl segment, and although I bought my ticket with KL ticket office on AF metal, I could not modify it: "outside this country." I did not encounter that with the KL app. But I got the message "we are sorry but this service is currently not available." :-D
Old Jul 27, 11, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajs123 View Post
Yeah, I am sorely missing the ipad app too! I checked the change my booking on my upcoming return tatl segment, and although I bought my ticket with KL ticket office on AF metal, I could not modify it: "outside this country." I did not encounter that with the KL app. But I got the message "we are sorry but this service is currently not available." :-D
Is your trip a mix of AF and KL metal? If so, even AF and KL ticket agents at the airport will have a very hard time with it. That kind of ticketing is still very screwed up in the AF/KL group. At least in business class.
Old Feb 5, 14, 8:40 am

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
Smile

Going on with that quite old topic to tell you that there is a new mobile app on iphone.
Downloaded a few minutes ago.
The interface is completly new, more structured to my point of view.

A (very) quick first impressions
Improvements to check in
The way you can browse your bookings is realy nice (BP-like)
if you book on mobile, you can confirm your booking 24h later with no fee

Search this Thread
Search Engine: