Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
In TLS there is lounge access in the Chambre de Commerce lounge "la croix du sud". I thought it was only for international flight but was told last time that Gold and Plat flying domestic also had access. The problem is that it is far away from check in and boarding gates therefore not very useful if you hold a flexible ticket to Paris for example.

In Brussels National, there is an AZ lounge available
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
is that the one KLM uses, too. in the upper floor?

and there is one at Bruxelles Midi, too IIRC
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
There have been reports of lounge access at LCY for AF pax. Would anyone have some information in this respect ?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: CO Elite
I was surprised to see that there is a contract lounge in Budapest. Does anyone know what lounge is used and its location? Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by Jay B
I was surprised to see that there is a contract lounge in Budapest. Does anyone know what lounge is used and its location? Thanks
I remember using the Malev small lounge, after the security check (hum...on the right, after the shops) when flying AF operated by Malev.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:00 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ranskis
In TLS there is lounge access in the Chambre de Commerce lounge "la croix du sud". I thought it was only for international flight but was told last time that Gold and Plat flying domestic also had access. The problem is that it is far away from check in and boarding gates therefore not very useful if you hold a flexible ticket to Paris for example.

Far away... at TLS level... ; actually, the AF gates are at less than 5-6 minutes walking quietly from the lounge... I think it's not often used by AF travellers since they are mostly shuttle TLS/ORY flyers, who arrive late for their flights...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The AF timetable in print shows two interesting points :
- on the ORY terminal map, there is now a lounge in Hall 2 ^
- on the AMS terminal map, there is again an AF lounge close to the B gates. Is this a mistake or good news ?

Another update included :
- Bangalore : lounge access at the Hotel Leela Kempinski, 2km from the airport ?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The AF timetable in print shows two interesting points :
- on the AMS terminal map, there is again an AF lounge close to the B gates. Is this a mistake or good news ?
The lounge close to the B gates closed about one year ago. This was supposed to be definite. The reopening would be a quite good new, since it's close to departures for BOD, TLS, etc... But I have strong doubts... I can check on my next trip to Schipol in a couple of weeks (didn't see it last week, but didn't look for it either) ; but may be we could move this question to KL forum ?...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:26 pm

New to lounges- Do i even qualify?

Business class:
Dulles (iad) - Paris - Berlin

i have 90k miles on Delta and used it all up to get my Air France business class ticket.

Do i have access to any lounge in any of those cities?

THX
Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Actually in all those cities:
- IAD departures lounge
- CDG2C arrivals lounge (landside)
- CDG2D departures lounge (landside)
- TXL departures lounge (landside)
- CDG2C business class departures lounge

When connecting in CDG coming from IAD, depending on time of arrival and time available, you should plan on spending what time you have in the CDG2C arrivals lounge rather than in the CDG2D departures lounge.

The TXL departures lounge is pleasant. The CDG2D and CDG2C departures lounge are rather bland. The IAD departures lounge has a direct connection to the jetway.

Enjoy your flights

Originally Posted by snail
Business class:
Dulles (iad) - Paris - Berlin

i have 90k miles on Delta and used it all up to get my Air France business class ticket.

Do i have access to any lounge in any of those cities?

THX
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:02 pm

THX JOUY31!

how do i get access to them? just show my business class ticket and walk right in? or do i need a keycard? or...?

edit:
I only have a frequent flyer program on Delta, not on Air France. should i sign up for air france?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snail
THX JOUY31!

how do i get access to them? just show my business class ticket and walk right in? or do i need a keycard? or...?

edit:
I only have a frequent flyer program on Delta, not on Air France. should i sign up for air france?
You just show your business class boarding pass. Don't loose the IAD-CDG one for the arrivals lounge !

Regarding the FFP, it really depends on your flight pattern. If is mostly US domestic flights, you are probably better off with Skymiles, but I am really not the best expert for that program .
Old Mar 30, 2006, 4:36 am

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Lounge in Oslo

Originally Posted by cfischer
KLM lists BRE, LUX, NUE, OSL, and NCL as 'lounges available', so I guess with FB Gold and Plat you should get access there
Originally Posted by travellers4fun
Any ST E+ flying ST same day has access to the BA lounge at OSL. Quite nice lounge, low on food, high on wine and other beverages and vegetables with dip (quite nice actually). Can't remember net access.

Access: After security turn left, follow signs for the British Airways lounge. Please note: This is on the domestic side - if you enter into the int'l departure hall - forget it.
Old lounge is closed. New lounge is in the int'l dep hall, past tax free shops, one floor up. Great contract lounge for all ST elite+ and also other airlines. Good and pleasant lounge, very nicely furnished, with friendly staff.

Good food matching the time of day, good selection of beverages, free WiFi.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travellers4fun
Any ST E+ flying ST same day has access to the BA lounge at OSL. Quite nice lounge, low on food, high on wine and other beverages and vegetables with dip (quite nice actually). Can't remember net access.

Access: After security turn left, follow signs for the British Airways lounge. Please note: This is on the domestic side - if you enter into the int'l departure hall - forget it.
Updated. Thanks !
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Last update : having some minutes left before my connection in AMS last Monday, and having read nothing about this, I walked around the B24-27 gates in Schipol, where AF lounge used to be : the room is now completely empty, and closed ; I didn't see any sign that this could be reopened as a lounge... Seems thus that this information is no more accurate.

About the discussions here on the access to "La croix du sud" in TLS on domestic flights, I was comfortable on time before my Sunday flight to CDG, without connection thus pureley domestic ; for one time, the AF flight was leaving from gate 30, right below. I went to the lounge and had access without problem ; after discussion with LA, it seems that the lounge is open for gold and plats, though not convenient for AF usual departure area to PAR...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.