Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-select front row seats : have they changed something?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for life
Pre-select front row seats : have they changed something?

I noticed that since a few weeks the availabity of the front row seats in Y do not show up anymore in KVS they all appear as block out

More intriging I just reserved a flight for HKG in october and as a plat I cannot select any front row seats anymore they are all block out too.

Do you have the same experience
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Originally Posted by Pauillac
I noticed that since a few weeks the availabity of the front row seats in Y do not show up anymore in KVS they all appear as block out

More intriging I just reserved a flight for HKG in october and as a plat I cannot select any front row seats anymore they are all block out too.

Do you have the same experience
Hi, I'm new to this but I booked a flight from MAN to GIG 2 weeks ago and I selected the front row on all but one flight (which I wanted to be quick off). I am only an ivory.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Old thread, but perhaps the best place for an update / question(?):

As a STE+ (Delta), I'm now seeing front row of economy cabin blocked on long-hauls.

Any idea when these seats become free for selection? TIA.

Last edited by kthomas; Sep 7, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kthomas
Old thread, but perhaps the best place for an update / question(?):

As a STE+ (Delta), I'm now seeing front row of economy cabin blocked on long-hauls.

Any idea when these seats become free for selection? TIA.
at OLCI.
kthomas likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
at OLCI.
Is this a new policy, and/or is it only on AF flights? (I think I've only done two long-hauls in Econ, both on KL metal).

I suppose these are held given the bassinet attachments, and on AF metal, the front row bulkhead is closer making the seats far less attractive.

Last edited by kthomas; Sep 8, 2021 at 8:51 am
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by kthomas
Is this a new policy, and/or is it only on AF flights? (I think I've only done two long-hauls in Econ, both on KL metal).

I suppose these are held given the bassinet attachments, and on AF metal, the front row bulkhead is closer making the seats far less attractive.
Some seats are indeed blocked for bassinets. Depending of the cabin configuration, as well some J seats at the front of the cabin can be assigned just at OLCI
kthomas likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:09 pm

NOTE: these were available (and some selected) at least 48 hours before departure, so sometime before OLCI. (On the AF 787-9s, the legroom is not nearly that of KL metal, so I'm not sure I find them that attractive. Not that the mesh seats and no EC product on the AF metal is a great deal, either; really only the exit rows have any space, and even then, they have the seat dividers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.