Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection time USA>CDG>Pau AF 2E 11am to 2G AF to Pau 12:45pm

Minimum Connection time USA>CDG>Pau AF 2E 11am to 2G AF to Pau 12:45pm

Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
I once could not check my bag through when flying from a minor Florida airport through Miami (where I was using an award for the international flight). But I did not insist because I felt safer to recheck my bags anyhow. And that was a few years ago.
I am still a bit surprised for security reasons. Would really the agent trust some printed material that can be easily faked, and send you bag on an international flight without checking that you are a pax on that flight? I know that bona fide pax could still choose not to board, so airlines have to check transfer bags anyhow. But I would assume that US agents would be over-risk averse rather than over-zealous.
The bag will not be loaded if the pax does not board so it is not a security issue as such. It could potentially create inconvenience and delay but the risk of this happening is so low as to not be worth it.
I suspect that your experience from that minor FL airport would have indeed to do with the agent being unfamiliar with what to do to interline baggage in such a situation but that is not necessarily due to inability to access the eticket per se.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
The bag will not be loaded if the pax does not board so it is not a security issue as such. It could potentially create inconvenience and delay but the risk of this happening is so low as to not be worth it.
I suspect that your experience from that minor FL airport would have indeed to do with the agent being unfamiliar with what to do to interline baggage in such a situation but that is not necessarily due to inability to access the eticket per se.
Thanks for explanation ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.