A380 - lhr-cdg

Old Aug 30, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by nomad1974
I completely agree with this. AF has taken full marketing advantage of the operational reason (crew training) for the CDG-LHR flights and has indeed been promoting this as a "showcase" flight.
Assuming the flights were for training (which I believe) - of course they would do lots of marketing as they had 500+ seats to fill on the least popular of their CDG-LHR rotations and this during July and August!!!

They had to do the flights, how on earth else would they get some sort of revenue to compensate the trips - considering the volumes the two times I took the flight CDG-LHR and the non-Bingham look of most of the pax, it looks like that was actually quite succesful.

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 4, 2010 at 11:16 pm Reason: [/ added to ending quote clause for clarity
Old Sep 4, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Blue; UA Premier
BA Delivery of A380

This may be a little off-topic, but does anyone know when BA will take the first deliveries of the A-380?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
If I remember correctly, first A380 will be delivered to BA in 2013.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Blue; UA Premier
Thanks to Mokshu

Hmmmmm. That means a wait of almost 3 years. Bummer. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by BA Favourite Flyer
Hmmmmm. That means a wait of almost 3 years. Bummer. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
And as Airbus can't deliver anything on time besides A320, 2014 seems like a more reasonable date

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.