Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF Lounge access at Singapore Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
AF Lounge access at Singapore Changi Airport

Dear fellow travellers,

I have checked on Skyteam website about AF or Skyteam lounge in Singapore, however, to my surprise there is no dedicated lounge at such an important hub in Asia. Does anyone know if there is a lounge where Skyteam Elite Plus members? I am flying out of SIN with AF to Paris, no elite status with FB but with Skyteam Elite Plus on Alitalia, will I be able to access the lounge?

Any advices or experiences would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance. ^

Erik
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
According to a January 2009 post, Air France is still using the SkyView lounge at SIN, which is shared by several airlines, including CX.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...in-lounge.html
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
One of my video, you will see the lounge at the beginning.

http://vimeo.com/6191098

The food is good especially the pastries and showers are available:

Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
AF uses a shared lounge (lots of airlines including Garuda) called Skyview. It is near the D gates. It is not bad but does get awfully crowded late at night, although KL's earlier departure does free up some room just before 11 pm. Catering is adequate (probably better than CDG but that is saying very little) and there is a so-so shower room. Nice view of the tarmac, but of little use at night. Free WiFi.

Skyteam is weak at SIN, as indeed it is almost everywhere in SE Asia. Given the absence of a strong Asian partner there are no 'homegrown' facilities for AF/KL travelers. Both *A and Oneworld are very strong in the region and have superb facilities at Changi (and HKG, BKK etc).
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Also a decent selection of French newspapers.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by AshleyB
AF uses a shared lounge (lots of airlines including Garuda) called Skyview. It is near the D gates. It is not bad but does get awfully crowded late at night, although KL's earlier departure does free up some room just before 11 pm. Catering is adequate (probably better than CDG but that is saying very little) and there is a so-so shower room. Nice view of the tarmac, but of little use at night. Free WiFi.

Skyteam is weak at SIN, as indeed it is almost everywhere in SE Asia. Given the absence of a strong Asian partner there are no 'homegrown' facilities for AF/KL travelers. Both *A and Oneworld are very strong in the region and have superb facilities at Changi (and HKG, BKK etc).
I find Skyview lounge good but not great. Better than AF J lounge at CDG in terms of catering. And the outdoor swiming pool is closeby, a nice way to spend a couple of hours is you are connecting from elsewhere.
Agreed that OW are strong in the region, but Skyview is the CX lounge. There is another OW lounge which is QF/BA and very nice. A good aspect of OW is that emerald members (top tier like Plat on AF) have access to the F class lounge, eeven if they fly on CX.
Do not know if a AZ elite+ has access to Skyview. Best bet is to ask for a lounge invitation at time of check-in.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:19 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Air France used to have a very nice dedicated lounge at SIN. It's closure several years ago just reflects the steady decline of Air France...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Flyers with OW status invariably use the BA/QF lounge. If you are on CX in J with no OW status you are stuck at Skyview which, as Brunos said, is good but not great. What Skyteam really needs is a strong regional anchor. Unfortunately they are all taken with the possible exception of MH, and that seems to be utterly impossible for AF/KL and their QF codeshare. Oh well.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Update - Skyview lounge expanded

Updating this thread:

Skyview lounge, which is still used by AF/KL, has just got an expansion. As part of the overally T1 refurbishment, another section has been added to lounge. It is half a floor higher (same as toilet/shower, but clearly apart) and seats approximately 60 pax, in much lesser density than downstairs. It has its own food and drinks bar, 6 computer stations and 2 TVs - what it lacks is the view. The food/drinks are the same quality, but slightly different selection from downstairs. There is no dedication, i.e. it is open to all pax qualifying for Skyview admission.

I'm just sitting in this new section and a I really like it. O.k., it's not the BA/QF first class section - but it it nice, food is good and staff is friendly.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Korean lounge

I'll fly from SIN to CDG in First on AF.
Is there a KE lounge for First, as in ICN, near the big Biz mentionned above.
And if yes, is it available for AF First?

Last edited by delanotre; Aug 6, 2010 at 11:19 am Reason: ICN
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
Originally Posted by delanotre
I'll fly from SIN to CDG in First on AF.
Is there a KE lounge for First, as in ICN, near the big Biz mentionned above.
And if yes, is it available for AF First?
AF First class passengers from Singapore are entitled to use the Jetquay lounge.
Personnalized welcome and golf cart from the lounge to the boarding gate.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Indianocean
AF First class passengers from Singapore are entitled to use the Jetquay lounge.
Personnalized welcome and golf cart from the lounge to the boarding gate.
Waited at the gate of the plane I was drived by a charming woman at the Jetquay lounge but this lounge is far from everything, particularly from shopping area and it is only a big comfortable desert space with (almost) nothing to drink or to eat.
So I asked to go back to another lounge near the shop area. (there is no ST lounge in SIN , it was a BA lounge, but I am not sure )
Jetquay is not a good place for travellers. For me it is just fit for people who want discretion.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by delanotre
Waited at the gate of the plane I was drived by a charming woman at the Jetquay lounge but this lounge is far from everything, particularly from shopping area and it is only a big comfortable desert space with (almost) nothing to drink or to eat.
So I asked to go back to another lounge near the shop area. (there is no ST lounge in SIN , it was a BA lounge, but I am not sure )
Jetquay is not a good place for travellers. For me it is just fit for people who want discretion.
the standard lounge for AF pax is the Cathay lounge, skyview. It is quite nice, and especially very close to passport control, transfer desk, shops etc. then, depending on AF gate, it can be quite a long walk to the plane.

I tried the BA F lounge: "designer showers" that look nice but are very much not functional, some bad sandwiches and average drinks... it seems SQ has a monopoly on great lounges, since SQ C lounge is far better than BA F or CX/AF C.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
the standard lounge for AF pax is the Cathay lounge, skyview. It is quite nice, and especially very close to passport control, transfer desk, shops etc. then, depending on AF gate, it can be quite a long walk to the plane.

I tried the BA F lounge: "designer showers" that look nice but are very much not functional, some bad sandwiches and average drinks... it seems SQ has a monopoly on great lounges, since SQ C lounge is far better than BA F or CX/AF C.
Skyview is not operated by CX. Actually CX has cut down its staff at SIN. QF/BA lounge is definitely better IMO (and those of other CX posters).
Old Oct 11, 2010, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by brunos
QF/BA lounge is definitely better
Last time, after leaving the desert Jetquay lounge, I have been driven to the QF first lounge, but you need a special invitation that my driver had not and the lounge were full and not very private..., thats why I finished to go to the skyview lounge mentionned by Ranskis, available to ST biz or E+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.