Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one who dislike bulkhead rows?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

I like to stretch my legs while on board. I find it hard to do so if Im seated in bulkhead rows. That's why i normally choose row 13 on 763s or 19C/H on 77W...

Anybody feels the same?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ericw
I like to stretch my legs while on board. I find it hard to do so if Im seated in bulkhead rows. That's why i normally choose row 13 on 763s or 19C/H on 77W...

Anybody feels the same?
Bulkhead up-front is normally very nice
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by ericw

Anybody feels the same?
I find stretching much harder on the 77W/Ls -- the weird plastic framing for the seat actually restricts your toe space. Having experienced 18K recently (for a 12 hour flight) I highly recommend it.

But it's interesting how different aircraft have dramatically different bulkhead approaches (319, 320, E90, etc). You have to be sure, because some are awful!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cam_macleod
But it's interesting how different aircraft have dramatically different bulkhead approaches (319, 320, E90, etc). You have to be sure, because some are awful!
And because you can never be certain in advance what row 12 will throw at you, I have a stack of used BP's for seats 13C and 13D. (Maybe I should change my FT handle?)
--
13F
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cam_macleod
I find stretching much harder on the 77W/Ls -- the weird plastic framing for the seat actually restricts your toe space. Having experienced 18K recently (for a 12 hour flight) I highly recommend it.

I agree some are awful. Not such a big issue for me a I have short legs One of the only time being on the shorter side is a benefit.^
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I tend to avoid bulkhead seats as much as I can, even in J. Totally uncomfortable and no under-the-seat storage in front of me.

The only exception is the 18AB,JK on the 777. The legroom is sufficient in these seats. However, I haven't sat in there because I got upgraded every time I booked those seats. But I've tried them out once before the general boarding.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by epost77
I agree some are awful. Not such a big issue for me a I have short legs One of the only time being on the shorter side is a benefit.^
I also have short legs, but unfortunately my waist is a few inches greater than my inseam measurement. The lost seat width in the bulkhead row due to the in-armrest tabletray is enough to make the seat uncomfortable, especially on the 4-5 hr routes I frequent such as YYZ-BGI.
--
13F
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I know of at least one person who does PreferBulkhead. I generally will take one but have regretted it on occasion such as on LH.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I detest them but still get defaulted into them by AC. There's less leg space, can't keep things "under the seat in front" for easy retrieval. Seldom any bin space as crew or other pax stick their bags into the first available Y space, and in J its already used for various inflight items by crew. And since everyone thinks they're the best seats, there is never an empty centre seat. So you have nobody reclining into your space, but that one advantage doesn't override the myriad of disadvantages.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I luv the bulkhead! There's no one to recline their seat into me.

The big downside for me though is lack of storage in that row. It would be fine if they would just make the "seat pockets" normal size instead of the teeny weany little ones they have there now.

But oh well, life isn't perfect. I'd rather put up with lack of storage then have a recliner in front of me.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
I really don't like bulkhead rows... you cannot straight your legs, that is a major turnoff for me. And as someone mentioned, usually middle seat is occupied.
I always try to get second or third row in the middle section, at the aisle.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Long legs + wider waist = no bulkhead for me.

Plus, sitting further back increases the chance of an empty middle seat.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RCyyz
I luv the bulkhead! There's no one to recline their seat into me..
Exactly

Guess you and I will be the only ones competing for them
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I too enjoy the bulkheads on long flights. You can get up easier and walk around, streych your legs out and of course no one can recline infront of you. When I flew ORD-MUC I was upgraded to Economy Plus right at the Bulkhead in seat C and I was able to just get up and there was the second door of the 777 so I can stand and stretch. E190/175 OK also, just when I want to use the lap top the armtray is at times a little snug over the belly!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
I think 2AC bulkhead on the A319 are the best seats in the domestic fleet! The little foot cut out makes a big difference. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.