Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best place for family with infant in J on A330

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place for family with infant in J on A330

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Question Best place for family with infant in J on A330

Hi
I have searched and not found a specific answer to the question. We will be travelling (2 adults & our 15 months yr old infant) from YYC - LHR in J on A330.
Are we best in the mini cabin at the back? We have 2 seats booked but I am hoping to be able to put little one in her duvet on a spare bed/seat and let her sleep.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by scozer99
Hi
I have searched and not found a specific answer to the question. We will be travelling (2 adults & our 15 months yr old infant) from YYC - LHR in J on A330.
Are we best in the mini cabin at the back? We have 2 seats booked but I am hoping to be able to put little one in her duvet on a spare bed/seat and let her sleep.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
There's no difference in the seats themselves, although the mini-J cabin is a little more private and sometimes is less full. But you might check as to whether you can leave an infant alone in a seat. It's likely at the discretion of the SD.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Most SDs will not allow you to leave an infant alone. You'll have to have her in the pod with you. I'd select the mini-cabin to reduce grouchy glares.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:39 pm

Just to let you know...

Children have to be 2 years old to be seated in the pod by themselves and car seats cannot be installed in the suites due to the inflatable seatbelt.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Is this a rhetorical question?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
Indeed. How about row 18? In three flights in Executive Business this month I've seen two kids in pods unhappy and trying to leave the pod during takeoff. Not good.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LeSabre74
lol - I have a suggestion myself!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
As a kid, I was never terribly happy being far from Mom & Dad. I would imagine that being in a pod is troubling for a kid because you can't hold hands and you can't even see them.

For this reason (and others) I would personally choose row 18 where everything and everyone is in close proximity, and just treat the whole thing as one of those sacrifices you make when you have kids.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
row 40 might be a nice choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.