Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Pleasant Surprise at the London Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue

Over the weekend I had consecutive red-eyes. An AC transatlantic red-eye into LHR; followed by a VS redeye ex-LHR. As I don’t have status with VS and was only booked into their Premium Economy, I didn’t have any lounge access with them. My reading of the AC Lounge access rules for Elites seemed to indicate that arriving Elite passengers can use domestic lounges and/or the LHR arrivals lounge.

Early that evening, I returned to LHR T3, after spending the day in London. After checking in and clearing security, I made a quick circuit of the main public lounge area before heading to the AC/SK London Lounge. I went up to lounge desk, showed my arriving AC boarding pass from that morning, my AC Elite card and my VS boarding pass for that night and explained that I had arrived on AC that morning and was departing on VS later that evening and asked if I could access the lounge, fully expecting to potentially be turned away. I was warmly greeted and granted lounge access.

Was I just lucky or are SK’s rules a little more generous for connecting passengers?

P.S. At that time of day all of the AC flights had already departed, so I assume the evening gatekeepers were SK staff.

mpc1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.