Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Elite/SuperElite Packages on their way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite/SuperElite Packages on their way

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 1999, 8:35 am

Packages are being sent to Super Elite first followed by Elite then Prestige. The Elite packages are just about to be sent, according to my sources.
Old Feb 12, 1999, 6:33 pm
Original Member

My Elite package finally arrived today. What is with the double sided tape they use to stick the card and luggage tags to the guide? I can't get it off!!!!

I would have hoped the system-wides (at least some) would be from any fare. I'm also a Canadian Airlines Gold member, and they give their 35,000 mile members 2 system wide from any fare stickers. Basically I can upgrade from Toronto to Vancouver and back once from any fare with the certificates they provide. I know I get more with every 10,000 miles, but they really should go a bit further.

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 02-12-99).]
Old Feb 14, 1999, 7:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta
I am presently trying to speak to an agent at the aeroplan center. 15 minutes have passed and still no answer!!!

Megamiles, I entered my aeroplan number and pressed number two and still can not get a human being!!!

Is there a new number for Elite members that I do not know about????????
Old Feb 14, 1999, 8:11 pm
Original Member

I'm now waiting for 45 minutes to speak with someone at Aeroplan. The time is now 22:00 EST.

As usual, Aeroplan drives me crazy!!!!

If this happens to an Elite member, I would hate to imagine how long they are having there regular customers hold!!!!!!!

One of the bad things of traveling from Canada is that there are only two official scheduled carrers. One of them (the one with the silly goose as a logo) is even worse than the other (the maple leaf).

AHHHHHHH......I GIVE UP!!!!!!

Old Feb 14, 1999, 9:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I don't think you are phoning the Elite number. It will be in your package. If you do get through on the regular number, quote your Aeroplan number and they will see that you are Elite and give you the Elite number. We are not in the habit of giving out Elite numbers generally here as it may cause "our lines" to become congested. Sunday is a bad day anyway for getting through. My experience has been that even the regular numbers have been good lately. I suspect the American Airlines sickout has something to do with your problem as people try to find other ways around cancelled flights.
Old Feb 15, 1999, 7:53 am
Original Member

I managed to speak to an Aeroplan agent this morning. I did not have to wait....thank goodness.

Found out that they are 100,000 Prestige members, 45,000 Elite members and 5,000 Super Elite members.

I'm happy for you Fisch.....my Elite package, according to the Aeroplan agent has not been mailed to me as yet. Well at least I know that the mailman is not seatling my mail!!!!!

Old Feb 15, 1999, 9:17 am
Original Member

Flyaway: That seems odd that they would not have sent your package yet. On the employee information line that BlondeBomber gave, they said that they started mailing the Prestige packages last Friday. They would not have begun that until all the Elite packages had been sent.

I called the Aeroplan Centre the day before my package arrived, and the agent seemed to be checking about my package (she made several phone calls). She told me that it would be sent in about a week. Sure enough, it arrived the very next day. Clearly they have no idea which packages they've sent out.

Good luck, and enjoy that awful tape they've used to sick your card to the guide! I had to use turpintine to get the stuff off!

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 02-15-99).]

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 02-15-99).]
Old Feb 15, 1999, 11:17 am
Original Member

Just checked my mail. Still no Elite package!

I am very used to waiting with Aeroplan so I will just continue to wait!!

I used to be a frequent flyer with American Airlines before I moved to Canada and never had any problems with them at all. All points etc were always posted on a timely basis without any problems.

I am missing quite a few credits from Diners Club, United Airlines, Park N Fly, and Budget rent a car. It just seems that every month I have to spend time writing and/ or faxing Aeroplan for credits which have not appeaerd within 2 statement periods!!

A few weeks ago Aeroplan gave me 10,000 bonus points because I was holding for over 1 hour trying to redeem miles for a trip. However, at a certain point one wonders why go through all the hassels.

Fisch: you are correct, I did listen to the employee info line a couple of days ago and it did say that the Prestige packages were now being sent. I have been elite for 3 out of 4 years I have been in Canada and my Elite package has always been late (after March 1st) without exception!!

I have had so many problems with Aeroplan that it would take days to post them all here.....

Anyway, I will write yet another letter and wait, wait, wait...

Old Feb 15, 1999, 11:22 am
Original Member

Has every one else received there Elite pacakges?
Old Feb 17, 1999, 10:31 am

Fisch: Thanks for the tip on removing the glue from the card and luggage tags! It is really a challenge to get that stuff off!
Old Feb 17, 1999, 10:53 am
Original Member

UMMM....It looks like I am the only one who has not received the elite package.

Everyone I know has received theirs, however, Aeroplan is still telling me that the Elite packages have not been sent as yet!!!!!

Anyway, the turpintine is here waiting to be used.

Old Feb 18, 1999, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Still no Elite package. Aeroplan is telling me that my Elite package has been 'requested.' I wonder what that means? The aeroplan agent did not know the meaning of requested either.

Old Feb 18, 1999, 3:31 pm

Flyaway: If it makes you feel any better I have not received my Super Elite package.

Mind you nor have I received anything from CO or UA. But I am sure the they will all the European packages will be bulk-mailed to somewhere like the Netherlands and then forwarded - so they should only be about, say 4 months late.

Old Feb 22, 1999, 7:11 pm
Original Member

But you see Merry I live in Canada so I would expect to get my package before you.

I still have not received my Elite package and Aeroplan is horribly inconcistent with their reasoning.

Gosh, I flew AC business class YYZ-KIN-YYZ recently and there service is so great, but Aeroplan, my goodness I wish they would empower their agents to give the correct information.

To tell you the truth, I do not expect to get the package until well into MArch. This is always the case (or maybe the mail man is really stealing my mail).

I will certainly let you all know when I receive this elite package.
Old Feb 23, 1999, 9:29 am
Original Member

Flyaway...

it may be Aeroplan's doing, but don't forget Canada Post. I am convinced that they use little snail caravans to carry the mail. It takes longer for a letter to get from Ottawa to Vancouver than it does from small towns in small countries in Africa to Vancouver....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.