Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
You seemed cursed to be served shellfish. I actually prefer that over other options, but it must be irritating when that's not something you can eat.

But the pictures look very nice!
24left and zeer0 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
You seemed cursed to be served shellfish. I actually prefer that over other options, but it must be irritating when that's not something you can eat.

But the pictures look very nice!
Indeed, there was AC's recent obsession with duck.

As we've discussed, I've tried shrimp, scallops and lobster. Not a fan of the texture or taste. The thing is given the number of people who are either allergic or don't eat shellfish, and given the cost, one would think AC can offer a veg option. Yes, I know there is a salad, but then those who don't or can't eat shellfish won't have an appetizer. Other airlines manage to have a choice. It was great on a previous AC 63 to be able to have the bocconcini light bite as my appetizer, but it isn't always available and sometimes, the light bite options are ugh.

But this shellfish thing was 3 flights in a row - 2 TPACs and then the transcon.

Well at least AC FT got some photos.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Signature Service on AC306 today

Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:21 pm

Ac114 2019-04-24

On my third YVR-YYZ/YUL I've taken when signature service should be offered and catering was not boarded correctly.

Does signature service exist for YVR-YYZ anymore? Got the black menu, then was told all the options do not match what's in the menu by the SD when order was taken.

I feel another lawsuit on the way... especially since I've now deliberately altered plans at cost to avoid the breakfast for this menu.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
On my third YVR-YYZ/YUL I've taken when signature service should be offered and catering was not boarded correctly.

Does signature service exist for YVR-YYZ anymore? Got the black menu, then was told all the options do not match what's in the menu by the SD when order was taken.

I feel another lawsuit on the way... especially since I've now deliberately altered plans at cost to avoid the breakfast for this menu.
Can you elaborate... your third domestic ML widebody transcon in a span of a couple days/a week/longer?

Did you get a J amenity kit and all the other stuff that comes with Signature Service?

Plus, I'm surprised you have this problem occur more than a deflated seat! (or maybe I'm wrong about that)

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 24, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

I've experienced this a few times now since the grounding of the 737Max. My flight was usually up-gauged the day of or the day before from a narrowbody to a widebody. Signature Class menu provided, but options loaded were from the premium trans-con menu.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Can you elaborate... your third domestic ML widebody transcon in a span of a couple days/a week/longer?

Did you get a J amenity kit and all the other stuff that comes with Signature Service?

Plus, I'm surprised you have this problem occur more than a deflated seat! (or maybe I'm wrong about that)
Sorry, span of 6 weeks. Amenity kit??? What are you talking about?? Deflated doesn't happen much for me. I probably don't notice. Still on board if you want me to ask for stuff...with audio recording of course...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I've experienced this a few times now since the grounding of the 737Max. My flight was usually up-gauged the day of or the day before from a narrowbody to a widebody. Signature Class menu provided, but options loaded were from the premium trans-con menu.
But i picked this flight within 12hrs of departure. But agreed, if hurricanes or tornados like what I had last week hit... I will make allowances.

Clear skies here... Like.. OZ214.

Edit: and paid to pick this flight.

Edit2: with money.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:22 pm

But i picked this flight within 12hrs of departure. But agreed, if hurricanes or tornados like what I had last week hit... I will make allowances.

Clear skies here... Like.. OZ214.

Edit: and paid to pick this flight.

Edit2: with money.
Within 12 hours of flight departure... so the up-gauge could have still happened recently? Just before you bought your ticket? I'm not trying to defend AC, just giving my experience when this has occured to me since the MAX grounding. I'm surprised they're able to find enough flight attendants to cover the up-gauged equipment, sometimes on very short notice. I've had an up-gauge once where it was an A321 just before I left YYJ... then became a 77W after I landed in YVR for my YVR - YYZ segment.

Back to the meal service though - the PDB, sparkling wine, extra cheese course and Hawksworth option - that's really the only differences between the Signature Service and the Premium Trans-con, no?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Within 12 hours of flight departure... so the up-gauge could have still happened recently? Just before you bought your ticket? I'm not trying to defend AC, just giving my experience when this has occured to me since the MAX grounding. I'm surprised they're able to find enough flight attendants to cover the up-gauged equipment, sometimes on very short notice. I've had an up-gauge once where it was an A321 just before I left YYJ... then became a 77W after I landed in YVR for my YVR - YYZ segment.

Back to the meal service though - the PDB, sparkling wine, extra cheese course and Hawksworth option - that's really the only differences between the Signature Service and the Premium Trans-con, no?
And the appetizer and amenity kit.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ah yes.. the shellfish appetizer (sometimes) that doesn't get much love around here. I should remember, I just had the Poached chilled prawns, fennel, orange, pickled onion, horseradish celeriac puree and breadbrumbs appetizer last night.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think for many here, "the only difference between Signature Service and Premium Transcon..." becomes "the difference between..." is if Signature Service offers a happy ending.

Or FOTSG says "The only difference between a J seat and Y seat is the seat... blah blah blah..."

I wonder what it takes so that people don't use the word "only"! FWP FTW!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
AC302 YVR-YUL Signature Service (thanks to churning and MS'ing ) departing at 11:30 AM and arriving past 7PM

Will I get both lunch AND dinner meals ?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
AC302 YVR-YUL Signature Service (thanks to churning and MS'ing ) departing at 11:30 AM and arriving past 7PM

Will I get both lunch AND dinner meals ?
No, you'll get the Signature service lunch service (no difference between lunch and dinner), and later during the flight the snack basket is available.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
AC305 YUL-YVR. Same menu as 24L posted upthread.

Menu

Appy - OK, would prefer the shrimp with cocktail sauce. But I guess that's not classy enough lol.

Main - Fish was good; the yams tasted gross though.

Dessert - Always yum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.