Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've had a few shorthaul flights lately where there has been no menu. The SD just asks if I want chicken or pasta. Very United-esque.
I have had long-haul with the no menu treatment, no description either.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Yep. Been like this for years (the every-so-often no-menu-treatment-no-description-provided meal order).
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Dinner menu for AC739 (YYZ-SFO) on June 10:

Appetizer

Poached tiger prawns, marinated artichokes, roasted fennel, red pepper vinaigrette

Main courses

Grilled chicken, charred scallion barbecue sauce, brown rice, corn, crispy shallot (Hawksworth)

Braised veal stew, tomato demi-glace, artichokes, curcuma couscous, vegetables

Mixed green salad, basil confit, shaved Asiago, Romano and Parmesan, grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes served with salmon skewers

Cheese tortellini, creamy pepper vodka sauce, mozzarella

Cheese

Oka, Camembert, medium Cheddar, crackers

Dessert

Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolate chip cookie baked fresh on board, vanilla or cream
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Anyone have a recent J menu from a YYZ LAS route? Yes, I know it's served by Rouge but it should not matter.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep. Been like this for years (the every-so-often no-menu-treatment-no-description-provided meal order).
I want to make it clear that I've had this 2 or 3 times in the past month, and probably once in my 250 AC J flights before that.

A one-off is a one-off, but I'm noticing this with a bit too much regularity lately.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Dinner menu for AC739 (YYZ-SFO) on June 10:

Appetizer

Poached tiger prawns, marinated artichokes, roasted fennel, red pepper vinaigrette

Main courses

Grilled chicken, charred scallion barbecue sauce, brown rice, corn, crispy shallot (Hawksworth)

Braised veal stew, tomato demi-glace, artichokes, curcuma couscous, vegetables

Mixed green salad, basil confit, shaved Asiago, Romano and Parmesan, grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper, cherry tomatoes served with salmon skewers

Cheese tortellini, creamy pepper vodka sauce, mozzarella

Cheese

Oka, Camembert, medium Cheddar, crackers

Dessert

Fresh seasonal fruit

Chocolate chip cookie baked fresh on board, vanilla or cream
Adding some pics.

Appetizer: Contrary to what the menu stated, this was actually not what was promised. Instead, this looked like the 'lobster and prawns with olive salsa verde, tomato confit, marinated artichokes, and roasted garlic aioli' I had on a recent AC29 to PEK.

Main course: I chose the Hawksworth chicken and was disappointed by its presentation. Thankfully, the taste was okay.

Other observations from the new transcon Signature Service: Glad to get a real appetizer, but disappointed it doesn't also come with a side salad like on international flights. Main course could benefit from more presentable plating. Finally, the cold plate issue persists. In fact, my side plate (the one reserved for bread) had ice crystals on it!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@capedreamer thanks for posting and taking a minute or two to type out the important bits of the menu
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:12 am

Max 8 vs 789 Pods

Hi everyone! First time posting here. Has anyone taken a trip on the Max 8? How is the food and overall business class experience? I am planning on booking a YYZ>LAX flight in August. On Aeroplan I have the choice of flying the 789 Pod style seats in the morning (I've flown this multiple times), or the MAX 8 in the evening. I prefer to fly in the evening, but wondering if it is worth booking the MAX 8 flight? Any recommendations would be appreciated
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayToFly
Hi everyone! First time posting here. Has anyone taken a trip on the Max 8? How is the food and overall business class experience? I am planning on booking a YYZ>LAX flight in August. On Aeroplan I have the choice of flying the 789 Pod style seats in the morning (I've flown this multiple times), or the MAX 8 in the evening. I prefer to fly in the evening, but wondering if it is worth booking the MAX 8 flight? Any recommendations would be appreciated
@TheOnlyWayToFly
Welcome to FT

This thread is the discussion of North American Business Class meals.

There is a thread for the 737 MAX, where people discuss their flight experiences and photos of the cabin, seats etc have been posted.

Here is the link to the page in the thread where posts since Jan 2018 start Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

There is also an entire thread for discussions on the Dreamliner (788/789) - last page The Air Canada 787-8/-9 Dreamliner Discussion Thread

Since both of these threads are fairly large, you might want to post more specific questions there regarding seating or in-flight experience.

As to your question, "I prefer to fly in the evening, but wondering if it is worth booking the MAX 8 flight? Any recommendations would be appreciated"....

Sometimes people choose aircraft based on the type of cabin and seats they prefer to fly in. Others choose flights based on schedule. It is really personal. If you ask 10 people what there preference is, you might get 10 answer, 20 answers or people might reply with more questions.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
No doubt I would fly on the 789
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Since this is the North American business class meal service thread, I'll stick with the meal portion...

On the morning flight (789), you have 3 choices - omelette, pancakes or the healthy option which is a large portion of fruits and oatmeal. No dessert offered, but snack basket is offered prior to landing.

On the evening flight (7M8), you will have 4 meal options - usually 3 meat dishes and one veggie pasta. Dessert is cookie and ice cream. Snack basket as well prior to landing. However, there have been reports that due to the ovens, the meals on the 7M8 may not be heated up properly before they're served. I haven't had that issue on my 7M8 flights, but the service tended to be a bit slower as the SD/FAs are still getting used to the plane and the limited amount of space in the galley.

If schedule permits, I like the lunch/dinner flights, as I feel that's a better value.
24left likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
YUL-YVR last week. AC's Signature Cocktail and Salad + Salmon Brochettes. The salmon was quite tasty for plane food. No complaints, and the crew were great.

Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being your first post, Welcome to FT.

Also, what 24left said.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by trek604
YUL-YVR last week. AC's Signature Cocktail and Salad + Salmon Brochettes. The salmon was quite tasty for plane food. No complaints, and the crew were great.

Is that the entree portion? Seems smaller than what I've witnessed.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Yep, that's before I touched it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.